Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: In this thread, a person more powerful than every FF character

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Well his power comes from a key right? Which means, he needs to fight someone who uses a card key. The next stage in keyblade technology.
    Keyblades aren't magnetic, which is how a card scanner works. I would argue that the next natural stage in Keyblades is Keycleavers. After Keycleavers, pocket-sized Keyblades. Of course, it would pretty redundant for a weapon that can be recalled instantly from the infinite backpack-hole dimension to become smaller and more compact, but they might one day create dampening fields to prevent recall (in case a Keyblade Civil War breaks out... again).

However, we do see what is the prototypical version of an anti-Heartless laser defense system in Hollow Bastion. If they can manipulate that system to read information rather than to emit an explosive blast, that would provide not only a way to identify people in the KHverse (which people seem to have real problems with), but also provide more potent defenses and exponential technological growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I'd especially like to have the ability to wield Four Keyblades although Sora's ability to wield to Keyblades has already been explained and wielding four wouldn't make sense... unless, he were dual-wielding two Light Realm Keyblades and two Dark Realm Keyblades (two would hover behind him like in Final Form).
    KHII FM+ includes a fight with Roxas; Sora is able to borrow the power of both of Roxas' Keyblades after a successful Reaction Command. If you hack Final Form Sora into the fight against Roxas and complete the Reaction Command, he does wind up using four Keyblades.

Although according to this video, they don't do much other than when Roxas attacks; Sephiroth doesn't get hit by them at all. Ohh well!
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 04-03-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Im not saying Sora would be completely Powerless without the keyblade, Im saying ALOT of his heartless killing ability comes from the keyblade. Argueing that he is stronger than Squall or Cloud because they cant kill heartless like Sora can is invalid.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In days Roxas and (SPOILER)Xion are the only members who can kill heartless because it is explicetly stated that you need the keyblade in order to do so.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesaur View Post
    In days Roxas and (SPOILER)Xion are the only members who can kill heartless because it is explicetly stated that you need the keyblade in order to do so.
    More specifically, one requires a keyblade to release the hearts consumed by said heartless. I guess we can presume destroying a heartless with any other weapon merely results in its temporary return to darkness or something of the sort.

Banned

Im saying ALOT of his heartless killing ability comes from the keyblade.
    Well, Sora could kill Shadows and Darkside perfectly fine with Dream Sword/Shield/Staff as well. Hell, Sora managed to kill Shadows by making them roll off of him in KH2.

But I guess you're right to say that the Keyblade does help with it, since it's more "super-effective" against Heartless than other weapons.

Argueing that he is stronger than Squall or Cloud because they cant kill heartless like Sora can is invalid.
    But Cloud and Squall can't kill 1000 Heartless single handed.
    I guess we can presume destroying a heartless with any other weapon merely results in its temporary return to darkness or something of the sort.
    Correct. Killing a Heartless with any non-Keyblade weapon causes it to return to the Realm of Darkness, which eventually will cause it to return once it recovers from the damage.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesaur View Post
    More specifically, one requires a keyblade to release the hearts consumed by said heartless. I guess we can presume destroying a heartless with any other weapon merely results in its temporary return to darkness or something of the sort.
    In addition, whenever another (non-Keyblade) character destroys a Heartless, a Heart does not pop out of the defeated target. Just the shadow-y animation; this lends more to the idea that without the Keyblade, the release does not occur.

The Dream weapons and Awakening are weird. That particular world can't be said to follow the rules of everything else in the KH universe. That isn't also to say that Sora isn't pretty special: it's been established that he is not only unique, but an important brand of unique in the KH world. Sora is pretty damn powerful, and in fact, we can compare him to Squall and Cloud, because he can beat them in the tournaments. They might not be at their original power, but Sora operates in a universe where there is something worse than death. That can't be said of VII or VIII.

I would say that Sora is more powerful than most of the other FF characters, but we are mixing power levels here. Just because Lexaeus can get up to 99999 doesn't mean much (apparently).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

KH isn't canon with the FF universe. I'll hate the day when some spiky haired- half Disney, half anime-loooking 16-year old can whoop any FF character's ass, except for Edward.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    KH isn't canon with the FF universe.
    That doesn't change the fact that Sora in the KHverse is still stronger than every FF character in their respective games as well.
    I'll hate the day when some spiky haired- half Disney, half anime-loooking 16-year old can whoop any FF character's ass, except for Edward.
    Uh oh.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that Sora in the KHverse is still stronger than every FF character in their respective games as well.
    It's not a fact because we don't have empirical evidence comparing the universes.

There's only one solution: put Sora into the next installment of Smash Bros.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    It's not a fact because we don't have empirical evidence comparing the universes.
    But we can compare the strength of the enemies that they've beaten.

Sora and Riku managed to beat Xemnas with the power of KH. They beat the most powerful character in the KHverse (confirmed by Nomura), who was further powered up with the ultimate power source of the KHverse.

The various FF characters had to assemble teams of 4-14 people to beat their respective final bosses. And most of the final bosses didn't have anything close to omnipotence like Xemnas did. (Kefka was probably the closest to omnipotence with his "controlling all magic minus the Espers" schtick, but it took a party of ~14 FF characters to take him out)

There's only one solution: put Sora into the next installment of Smash Bros.
    Well if Solid Snake could...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not to say that I disagree with you, because Sora is wildly powerful, but we also have to consider that the enemies didn't exactly have have overpowered competition. While the final bosses often had to fight parties as opposed to single characters, it's not like the main characters themselves were all that powerful. I definitely would say that Sora > main characters, but I think he would have equal footing with Sephiroth and Kuja. Based on abilities, Sora has more than a fighting chance.

Now, let's not compare numbers. The poor boy has only got 120 HP and < 100 for Attack, Defense, and Magic. He doesn't even have Evasion or Accuracy! Holy Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Well if Solid Snake could...
    I don't see why not. Sora does have a double jump and several Up-B-worthy moves, such as Aero or Reflect. Dodge Roll or Quick Run could easily be Side-B moves if Sora is considered a "fast" character. Down-B could be Fire1/2/3, or Gravity1/2/3. Regular B could be Ice1/2/3 or some kind of mish-mash of a solo Trinity (or even Session) series of strikes.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Why are you debating this, the main character in anything is always the strongest. I don't think I've ever watched or played anything were there is someone stronger than the main character at the very end. For example, if Cloud was stronger, wouldn't they just get Cloud to go with them.

Anyway, I'm almost 100% sure that they will resest all of Sora's stats in the new game, like always.

Banned

With many of the other FF villains, they usually had enough power to destroy the world. I mean, Sephiroth had about half the planet's power with Lifestream. But Xemnas had extreme power on a universal scale, as compared to a single planet such as Sephiroth or Kuja.

Also, there is no concept of death in KH. At all. There goes MEODP.

Ctrl + F "death" in the following link for proof.
    Director Interview – KH3 Details from BBS Ultimania (Complete) « HEARTSTATION.ORG

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Mystic Eyes also attack flaws; Sora is definitely flawed. Wikipedia Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime.

Banned

Well Sora is a dopey kid, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this.

The Mystic Eyes can't see death dots and death lines if they don't exist. And in KH, they don't.