Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: In this thread, a person more powerful than every FF character

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    "Defeated," if you want.
    I want to start discussing the idiosyncrasies of the English language in attempting to describe very specific concepts of fictional universes.

I on the other hand, I always kill the Elite Four's Pokemon.
    Even Agatha and Phoebe's?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think he would have forced them into the state of non-existence.

Banned

pointless antagonism
    I'm going to have to say that GB's response would be the more accurate one to describe the situation.
    Says the guy who's got nothing left except "lol"

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesaur View Post
    Even Agatha and Phoebe's?
    Yes. I can kill Ghosts, too.

I think you missed the point, dude.

Banned

I think you missed the point, dude.
    ...that post had a point?

>he thinks grasping at straws = making a point
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-05-2010 at 02:38 AM.

(SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Well his power comes from a key right? Which means, he needs to fight someone who uses a card key. The next stage in keyblade technology.
    Keyblades aren't magnetic, which is how a card scanner works. I would argue that the next natural stage in Keyblades is Keycleavers. After Keycleavers, pocket-sized Keyblades. Of course, it would pretty redundant for a weapon that can be recalled instantly from the infinite backpack-hole dimension to become smaller and more compact, but they might one day create dampening fields to prevent recall (in case a Keyblade Civil War breaks out... again).
    Have I mentioned the Guncipher? My ideas to be included in my ficitional tale are a technological laserkey resembling a gunblade and a runilogical (or magical) laserkey resembling the Quincy's bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I'd especially like to have the ability to wield Four Keyblades although Sora's ability to wield two Keyblades has already been explained and wielding four wouldn't make sense... unless, he were dual-wielding two Light Realm Keyblades and two Dark Realm Keyblades (two would hover behind him like in Final Form).
    KHII FM+ includes a fight with Roxas; Sora is able to borrow the power of both of Roxas' Keyblades after a successful Reaction Command. If you hack Final Form Sora into the fight against Roxas and complete the Reaction Command, he does wind up using four Keyblades.
    Although that sounds nifty, it's a hack trick thus non-canon. I don't want to have to hack my game (and I don't even own Final Mix or +) just to "hold" four keyblades in a five-second reaction command.
    Well, Sora could kill Shadows and Darkside perfectly fine with Dream Sword/Shield/Staff as well.
    Funny that you mention it's a dream.
    Arguing that he is stronger than Squall or Cloud because they cant defeat heartless like Sora can is invalid.
    But Cloud and Squall can't defeat 1000 Heartless single-handed.
    They don't fight with the aid of the Keyblade which is powered by Sora's heart which is strengthened by his bonds of friendship with Donald, Goofy, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, Aerith, Tifa, Tron, Hercules... need I go on?
    I guess we can presume destroying a heartless with any other weapon merely results in its temporary return to darkness or something of the sort.
    Correct. Killing a Heartless with any non-Keyblade weapon causes it to return to the Realm of Darkness, which eventually will cause it to return once it recovers from the damage.
    Much like on Supernatural in which killing the human host or performing an exorcism is only a temporary solution for ridding the world of demons whereas the Colt and that freaky Knife can actually KILL the demons possessing humans or taking on other forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    It's not a fact because we don't have empirical evidence comparing the universes.
    But we can compare the strength of the enemies that they've beaten.

Sora and Riku managed to beat Xemnas with the power of KH. They beat the most powerful character in the KHverse (confirmed by Nomura), who was further powered up with the ultimate power source of the KHverse.

The various FF characters had to assemble teams of 4-14 people to beat their respective final bosses. And most of the final bosses didn't have anything close to omnipotence like Xemnas did. (Kefka was probably the closest to omnipotence with his "controlling all magic minus the Espers" schtick, but it took a party of ~14 FF characters to take him out)
    Someone doesn't know the difference between a plot element and a gameplay element.

Cloud was able to defeat Sephiroth and Bahamut Sin alone in Advent Children. Vincent was able to defeat the Tsviets and Omega WEAPON alone in Dirge of Cerberus.
    Neither Cloud nor Squall ever begged anyone to come along with them to defeat the evil because they couldn't handle it alone, it's just how the game plays.

There's only one solution: put Sora into the next installment of Smash Bros.
    Well if Solid Snake could...
    To be discussed in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    Why are you debating this, the main character in anything is always the strongest. I don't think I've ever watched or played anything were there is someone stronger than the main character at the very end. For example, if Cloud was stronger, wouldn't they just get Cloud to go with them.
    Well, I think Lloyd was killed by someone other than the main character in Legend of Dragoon and up to that point, he was considered stronger than the main characters. 400-year-old king Seda of Dark Cloud is notably stronger in battle than Toan will ever be, but since he spawned the Dark Genie, he simply cannot defeat it. In Wild Arms 4, Kresnik is notably more powerful than the entire group until he meets his death. Typically, in a game, if another character outmatches the main character, that character gets killed off in some way usually through self-sacrifice. Without time given to improve their shortcomings, main characters tend to be rather outmatched in any situation. If Naruto's butt hadn't been pulled out of the fire in the nick of time ever so often, there's no way he'd ever have been a match for any of the creeps he's defeated. Oh, sorry for the diversion into anime territory, but they all derive of the same source regardless.
    Well Sora is a dopey kid, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this.

The Mystic Eyes can't see death dots and death lines if they don't exist. And in KH, they don't.
    Sora has a staunch lean toward impulse and anger (much like some other characters we know). Him being a dopy kid has nothing to do with his flaws.

Banned

Funny that there's still nothing in the dream that breaks KHverse laws. Though if you want another example of Sora's power without his Keyblade, Anti-Form.

They don't fight with the aid of the Keyblade which is powered by Sora's heart which is strengthened by his bonds of friendship with Donald, Goofy, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, Aerith, Tifa, Tron, Hercules... need I go on?
    What's your point? You've proven that Sora has an incredibly strong heart, which makes him really powerful. And more powerful than Cloud and Squall.
    Much like on Supernatural in which killing the human host or performing an exorcism is only a temporary solution for ridding the world of demons whereas the Colt and that freaky Knife can actually KILL the demons possessing humans or taking on other forms.
    Didn't think of that, but yeah.
    Someone doesn't know the difference between a plot element and a gameplay element.
    If you're going to criticize me for something, at least do it right.

Cloud was able to defeat Sephiroth and Bahamut Sin alone in Advent Children. Vincent was able to defeat the Tsviets and Omega WEAPON alone in Dirge of Cerberus.
    And none of those enemies were as powerful as Xemnas.
    Neither Cloud nor Squall ever begged anyone to come along with them to defeat the evil because they couldn't handle it alone, it's just how the game plays.
    I did it as a generalization of FF games, but there's still no way for you to prove that a majority of those FF characters could take on their final bosses alone.

Sora has a staunch lean toward impulse and anger (much like some other characters we know). Him being a dopy kid has nothing to do with his flaws.
    ...what? That impulse and anger is one of his greatest strengths.

Either way, refer to "death doesn't exist in KH"
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-09-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What happened to Ansem the Wise if death doesn't exist? I thought he died

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesaur View Post
    What happened to Ansem the Wise if death doesn't exist? I thought he died
    Birth By Sleep spoilerHe gets sent to the Realm of Darkness; this is shown at the ending of Birth By Sleep.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

if death doesn't exist in the KH verse then why did the trio act like this in this scene? YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II - Goofy's Death

Banned

In all honesty, you can't really say for sure whether they were acting like he was dead or if he was in a coma.

Blog Entries

Funny that there's still nothing in the dream that breaks KHverse laws. Though if you want another example of Sora's power without his Keyblade, Anti-Form.
    But Sora becomes piss weak in anti form. Sure he can move quickly and deal alot of fast hits but so can Squall and Cloud. Also his form powers come from his clothes+merging with a party member, so its not really his power.

But Cloud and Squall can't defeat 1000 Heartless single-handed
    We cant know that for sure. We only know Sora can do it with the keyblade, whats to say if Cloud or Squall were chosen to weild the keyblade, they couldnt do it too?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Banned

But Sora becomes piss weak in anti form.
    Gameplay element. By plot standards, he becomes stronger, what with being able to use the powers of darkness.

Sure he can move quickly and deal alot of fast hits but so can Squall and Cloud.
    But there's still the fact that Sora has defeated stronger enemies than either of them.
    Also his form powers come from his clothes.
    The ability to change into Forms come from clothes, but his abilities in those forms come from the power in his heart. Besides, it isn't that different from Cloud getting his powers from Materia, Squall getting his powers from Junctions, etc. Sure, it's where they get their power from, but the strength of their abilities from using Magic from Junctions and Materia is their own.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    We cant know that for sure. We only know Sora can do it with the keyblade, whats to say if Cloud or Squall were chosen to weild the keyblade, they couldnt do it too?
    They weren't chosen by the keyblade. That itself proves they aren't strong as Sora, because the power of one's heart = everything.

Also his form powers come from his clothes+merging with a party member, so its not really his power.
    Limit Form.
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Default uor

there's still nothing in the dream that breaks KHverse laws. Though if you want another example of Sora's power without his Keyblade, Anti-Form.

You've proven that Sora has an incredibly strong heart, which makes him really powerful. And more powerful than Cloud and Squall.
    But precisely which large army of Heartless have you seen Sora dispatch without the aid of his Keyblade? If he were placed in an FFverse (wherein the Keyblade isn't the weapon of choice for defeating enemies), he'd be just another dopy kid.
    And none of those enemies were as powerful as Xemnas.
    Nomura admitted to Xemnas being the most powerful KHverse villain. Where did he say anything about him being the most powerful SEverse villain? Where's your proof?
    I did it as a generalization of FF games, but there's still no way for you to prove that a majority of those FF characters could take on their final bosses alone.
    The point is then moot as there is no way for you to prove they could not.
    ...what? That impulse and anger is one of his greatest strengths.
    Just because it plays as a strength doesn't mean it is one inherently. Being impulsive and easily angered has always been seen as a flaw of one's character.

I shouldn't even have to explain why Anti sucks.
    Gameplay element. By plot standards, he becomes stronger, what with being able to use the powers of darkness.
    Yes, he can dole out massive damage to smaller Heartless, but he doesn't have the Keyblade to finish them so it takes even longer in the end if he can defeat them at all. Anti-Form is just a handicap (not to mention disgusting). And where is it said that he's stronger due to the powers of darkness?
    The ability to change into Forms come from clothes, but his abilities in those forms come from the power in his heart. Besides, it isn't that different from Cloud getting his powers from Materia, Squall getting his powers from Junctions, etc. Sure, it's where they get their power from, but the strength of their abilities from using Magic from Junctions and Materia is their own.
    So, if Cloud had, like, a Xenomateria with every support, command, summon, magic, and special ability at his disposal, do you still think he'd not be as strong as Sora physically? Or if Squall was equipped with Ultimecia's ultimate Guardian Force Junction?

They weren't chosen by the keyblade. That itself proves they aren't strong as Sora, because the power of one's heart = everything.
    ...and True Love's Kiss is the most powerful thing in the world. These are thematic elements. The power of Sora's heart wouldn't be worth shet if he were thrust in the FFverse. That's the real reason Disney owns the rights to the original characters of Kingdom Hearts despite the fact that Square Enix created them.

Also his form powers come from his clothes+merging with a party member, so its not really his power.
    Limit Form.
    According the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, Limit Form is really not that great. So, jog on.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-14-2010 at 07:05 PM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah, but Sora is only fighting the younger versions of everybody, and ansem and Xemnas are blow offs
    Plus, after fighting Sephiroth, he is exhausted, but Sephiroth just smiles and asks for cloud, plus this is cloud before the buster sword and omni slash.
    I think I should go into KH
    Lets see Sora win against my 2306 needles, while my evasion is 255
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen