Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: In this thread, a person more powerful than every FF character

Banned

Default In this thread, a person more powerful than every FF character

Yeah, it's Sora. The guy that can jump incredibly large heights and distances, slice through buildings, move at incredibly fast speeds, and beat Hercules, Sephiroth, Xehanort's Heartless, Xemnas, and an army of Heartless single-handedly.

It's also incredible how his fighting abilities grow at an exponential rate throughout the games. He goes from being able to push back Shan-Yu in a sword duel, to being able to throw Storm Rider into the sky. The reaction commands in battle are examples of how he is able to analyze his opponents' attacks and form counter attacks. Pair him together with Riku, and they're strong enough to defeat God.

So how will Nomura come up with a new enemy to stop this ridiculously powerful, but extremely dopey guy?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sora has a concept of death, so he is vulnerable to the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

Yeah, the FF cameos backfire due to these particular character's inability to match even a tenth of Sora's strength (save for Sephiroth whom at least puts up a decent fight and according to the in-game storyline is not actually defeated by Sora... I guess, the same is technically true for the heroes Sora has fought against, but they don't have the strength to beat his enemies... the only point to the heroes being able to "beat" Sora is to show how weak he currently is).

They should cameo other FF big bads for Sora to fight (and "fail" against) so we can see the heroes having their moment to shine in a game that isn't their own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Sora has a concept of death, so he is vulnerable to the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
    Does not. As far as he knows, "death" means turning into a Heartless. Plus, Fate (see: Nomura) loves him and would never kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    They should cameo other FF big bads for Sora to fight (and "fail" against) so we can see the heroes having their moment to shine in a game that isn't their own.
    I didn't just mean the FF characters in the KH games. I meant the FF characters from all the FF games.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Does not. As far as he knows, "death" means turning into a Heartless.
    That's still a concept of death. It's not ours, but it is one. He is bulnerable to MEoDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    I didn't just mean the FF characters in the KH games. I meant the FF characters from all the FF games.
    What does that matter again?

No reason to mention this, but I'll do it anyway, Cloud and Sephiroth (and undoubtedly several others) can also jump incredibly large heights and distances, slice through buildings, move at incredibly fast speeds, and defeat massive armies and ridiculously powerful enemies.

It's just like watching an anime like Dragonball, YuYu Hakusho, or BLEACH, each time a new big bad comes along it's as if the main character's level has been reset back to basics (although with a few sweet new moves in tow).

Banned

Cloud and Sephiroth was able to slice like...sections of a building in AC? Sora could slice through 7 in the blink of an eye.

But yeah, you're probably right. They'll probably do some crazy "make Sora forget everything he learned" stunt like in CoM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Mushroom XIII round 2

But yeah, you're probably right. They'll probably do some crazy "make Sora forget everything he learned" stunt like in CoM.
    That would suck. But I don't doubt Sora will lose the ability to take on new forms. If anything, he'll simply find new ways to use the abilities granted to him by those forms.

Undoubtedly, they'll presume Sora hasn't mastered his forms to learn Quick Run, High Jump, Air Dodge, Dodge Roll (from Final Mix Limit Form), and Glide so he can relearn how to use those (with a twist in style) to access new areas as usual. But I'd at least hope that the bastards would include the ability to learn all of his other neat tricks: Sliding (Wisdom), Hovering (Final), Shooting (Wisdom), Telekinesis (Master & Final), etc.
    I'd especially like to have the ability to wield Four Keyblades although Sora's ability to wield to Keyblades has already been explained and wielding four wouldn't make sense... unless, he were dual-wielding two Light Realm Keyblades and two Dark Realm Keyblades (two would hover behind him like in Final Form).

Blog Entries

You could argue it's the Keyblade that's strong and not Sora
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Banned

Yeah I think Sora covered that in KH1 with "I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!" when he lost the keyblade to Riku then got it back immediately after saying that

Blog Entries

But when he lost the keyblade he could barely kill 1 heartless. I cant tell whether you're agreeing with me or not. If his friends are his power then his friends are strong not him
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Banned

But when he lost the keyblade he could barely kill 1 heartless.
    Yeah, it's because he's using a hunk of wood. I mean if the most that it could do is cause Tidus to get dazed after a dozen hits, then it's a horrible weapon to use to fight beings made of darkness. It's practically like telling somebody to kill a man using a pool noodle. It's pretty difficult to kill almost anything using a hunk of wood, much less beings made of darkness.

If his friends are his power then his friends are strong not him
    ...he doesn't literally mean that his friends give him magical powers to defeat Heartless.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Well his power comes from a key right? Which means, he needs to fight someone who uses a card key. The next stage in keyblade technology.
    jkhkjg

Banned

The keyblade does give him some power, like most weapons would, but it's not like he's he's just a regular kid without it.

After all, Keyblades are given to people with strong hearts, and a strong heart means pretty much everything in the KHverse.