Thread: Final Fantasy Legend II Seven Sword

Default Final Fantasy Legend II Seven Sword

Yeah, i know, not a Final Fantasy. Anyway, i recently finished this, i would reccomend it to anyone whos interested in a rpg on a gameboy.

Anyway i spent the time to get the Seven Sword, on a GBA, haha. Few hours thrown away. My only conundrum with it is i cant hit the Arsenal with it. Dishing out 5 hits on a normal enemy. My mutant uses it but isnt extracting any damage with it. Shes only got 8 more Agility than my human when theyre both fully equipped.

So i take it you need high agility as well as strength to bring this sword to its full potential. I just wanna have a little fun with this sword before i move onto FFLIII. Saving up agility status points is going to be annoying with the shaking screen, but i guess id do it a bit. I take it the best option would be fitting my power house with a catclaw and running through the final area.

Any suggestions?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Blast from the past! I remember this game, and this sword. Leveling up in this game is a bitch though, since it uses the FFII system. Fitting yourself with a catclaw is probably the best way to go, unless you can still use the garbage can trick. Go to your inventory and use the garbage can as an item. It will boost a character's agility and you can use it like 100 times. I did that to boost a couple characters to 99 in no time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have played through this game dozens of times and never knew about the garbage can trick. I've been lucky enough to find the 7 sword only once. I never took the time to actually hunt it down.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, it's kind of a glitch. After you do it your Magi counter goes up to 99. Then after you get another Magi the counter goes to 0. So it's best to use it at a point late in the game where you won't need to unlock any more worlds with Magi (I think either Apollo's world or the world before it works) or else you will get stuck. Happened to my brother once. I never got stuck because I always used it in one of the later areas (the world with the giant cave I think).

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Would be possible to do the trick 90 out of the 100 times and then use it just before you need magi to go to a new world?

What memories! I remember playing through this game in the 6th grade. I never knew about the seven sword trick though. I'm hoping the remade DS version would come here in the states, but at this point, it seems unlikely since it's been released in Japan for quite some time now =(

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

I am glad that Square Enix is remaking older titles in this series. I would love to see a remake of Final Fantasy Legend III!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heck, I'd like to see a DS remake of Final Fantasy Legend I, I have a soft spot for that game. They should remake the whole trilogy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hell yeah they should. These were the first RPGs I ever played!

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Would be possible to do the trick 90 out of the 100 times and then use it just before you need magi to go to a new world?
    I think it glitches your magi after you use it even once, but I can't be sure. It's been a while.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, the idea being since it glitches your magi to 99 after use you save enough uses so that you can use it before opening each magi specific door. You can raise your Agility stat pretty high at the start of the game and then use the glitch to advance the storyline when magi is needed with the bonus of another +1 Agi.