Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Thread: Pokémon Wifi Matches/Tournaments?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shananiganeer View Post
    If only that were true. Not only are there competitively useful pre-evolutions, but some outperform their fully evolved counterparts (Porygon2 for example, though it's defensive while Porygon-Z is offensive). Back on point, that rule is uber bad, and really hurts TR teams. Easiest fix is changing Species Clause to block pre-evolutions of the same species. If none of this makes sense, then go lurk on smogon for a while.
    Well, yeah, that's true. There are some pre-evos who simply have "different stats" rather than "worse stats" than their full evos, thus favouring different sets and such, like Porygon2/ Porygon-Z etc. But what I really meant was more like: no pre-evolution is far superior or more powerful than any of the legal full evos, basically. None of the pre-evos are uber material or anything close to that.

Oh, and if you wanna battle despite not being in the tourney, just send me a PM whenever we're both online. (though right now, I gotta log off for the time being).

Round 2 is till Sunday. There are some unexpected complications.

If only half of the people bothers about what happens with the tournament then I will end it now. I really don't understand why people say they want to be part of it and then can't even play one match in one week, don't even read the tournament thread or don't even read their PMs or E-Mails during a whole week.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-27-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries

This is really a shame, but oh well. =/

It is nothing I want to do but I don't see any reason to beg longer "Oh please don't forget the tournament.".

Those who did care about the tournament get a prize but those who didn't even write something won't get anything.

Not really meening to criticize after the fact or anything, but it did drag out longer than it should have. If you ever decide to have another, i'd say have it over one weekend; give a few months notice so people can clear their calenders and all that, and have a few "moderators" to reveiw the videos and just have a round every few hours or so.

But anyway, I had fun, thanx for holding it. Thanx to this i've used some guys i probably wouldn't have used

Better luck next time
    Wealth and glory to the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Yue Kitsune View Post
    Not really meening to criticize after the fact or anything, but it did drag out longer than it should have. If you ever decide to have another, i'd say have it over one weekend; give a few months notice so people can clear their calenders and all that, and have a few "moderators" to reveiw the videos and just have a round every few hours or so.

But anyway, I had fun, thanx for holding it. Thanx to this i've used some guys i probably wouldn't have used

Better luck next time
    That's a joke, isn't it?

It is not my fault. If people have time to read posts here in this forum during one week they have the time to read a "Round X has started." post. It doesn't have anything to do with me and how long the tournament lasts. I was the one to hatch all the prizes and to waste my time to get the battle points for the first prize plus I was the one who wrote over and over again in Mails "Please don't forget the tournament.".

I know you wrote you don't want to criticize me but you do and that's unfair and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue Kitsune View Post
    ..., but again you decided what the prizes would be, so complaining about spending time getting them (even if it was for our sake) seems a bit unfair.
    That is a nonsensical conclusion. Just because I do something for you that does not there is no effort behind it to be respected. Even with me gettng the stuff easy enough.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-09-2016 at 04:41 AM.

Wow, way to jump to conclusions. I'm sorry you took it that way, i simply meant that by having it over an extended period there was a really good chance that other things in life might take us away from the tournament.

Just using me as an example, I was working, and then had a family reunion to go to, even if i had time during the reunion to play a few rounds of pokemon, i didn't have a connection to get online so there wasn't much i could do about it. That's why i mentioned just having it over one weekend, with a few months notice if you ever do it again.

Again, sorry you mistook my meening, but as far as hatching the prizes go i spent some good time breeding to get two of those prizes, your the one that said you could get the desired natures quickly and asked me to hand over what i had so you could get them faster. I'm not sure what you spent the BP on, but again you decided what the prizes would be, so complaining about spending time getting them (even if it was for our sake) seems a bit unfair.

I wasn't criticizeing you, i was just saying. I know you're annoyed that something you spent so much time into fell apart, but that happens. I hope it doesn't disuade you from trying again, because if i had had the time i would have continued to participate. I appreciate you holding the tournament, and again if you ever want to try again, i'd be more than willing to play.
    Wealth and glory to the winner!