Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Wifi Matches/Tournaments?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Pay him in strawberries

Also I have Mew if anyone wants the data for their pokedex.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have an Arceus if anyone needs that for data. Also, once I get in the 50 lvl range I might start battling people I guess.

For future reference how about none of us tell each other our pokemon so that we can leave it up to chance.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

When I had your Arceus, it wasn't recognized the the Johto Pokedex. Will it show up once I get the full Pokedex?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    When I had your Arceus, it wasn't recognized the the Johto Pokedex. Will it show up once I get the full Pokedex?
    Not with that attitude it won't. :3

Yes, it will. Pokemon acquired outside the Johto Pokedex will be saved and registered in the National Pokedex once you get it. This prevents trade issues with other Gen 4 games, and it prevents issues with the few Pokemon obtainible in-game that aren't part of the Johto'dex that are still obtainable before you get the National'dex.

Arceus Special!BTW, if you got Arceus, take it with you to the Ruins of Alph with it as the first Pokemon on your list. Head for the little science hut.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
    I have an Arceus if anyone needs that for data. Also, once I get in the 50 lvl range I might start battling people I guess.
    I would need it for my Pokédex. Then I only need 6 to complete it.

Did you get it in a shop Level 100 or whatever or with the Azure Flute?

Also as long as you do not have the National Pokédex, Pokémon which are not included have number "???". But you will automatically get the National Pokédex once you have finished the Elite Four because Professor Oak will give it to you before you go on board of the S. S. Aqua.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-31-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Arceus Special!BTW, if you got Arceus, take it with you to the Ruins of Alph with it as the first Pokemon on your list. Head for the little science hut.
    Hehe. /smug

Blog Entries

B-but Jirachi and Celebi aren't Uber

As far as legendaries go, their stats are actually pretty low, but very well distributed. :x Mew is Uber mainly because it can learn every TM. Not sure why Manaphy is though. All other 100 base event legendaries otherwise are simply OU. >_> (Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin (not Sky Forme)).

(I use Smogon tier rules :x)

Tiers @ Smogon
    List of Ubers
    Garchomp is now an Uber? =O NOOOOO!!! =(

Oh well, I'm totally in, whatever the rules as long as the real Ubers are banned. *cough* Yeah, I refuse to admit Garchomp as a "real Uber". =P

Still, even if we do play with Garchomp banned, I'm totally in. I'll just have to find a replacement, which shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    B-but Jirachi and Celebi aren't Uber

As far as legendaries go, their stats are actually pretty low, but very well distributed. :x Mew is Uber mainly because it can learn every TM. Not sure why Manaphy is though. All other 100 base event legendaries otherwise are simply OU. >_> (Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin (not Sky Forme)).

(I use Smogon tier rules :x)

Tiers @ Smogon
    List of Ubers

Oh well, I'm totally in, whatever the rules as long as the real Ubers are banned. *cough* Yeah, I refuse to admit Garchomp as a "real Uber". =P

Still, even if we do play with Garchomp banned, I'm totally in. I'll just have to find a replacement, which shouldn't be too hard.
    I also had a garchomp.... though they are ranked like 14 in terms of overall stats.

Well I'll drop that pokemon, and I will need to find 2 pokemon to round out my team.
    I literally just started Heart Gold, but I like to plan my team ahead of time.

Edit: Finally decided on my team. One was my favorite in the Red/Blue, so I kept it. Another I loved in Gold/Silver. Another is just plain perfect for me. One other I just thought looked cool and fit into my team well. The last 2 are there just to round out my team.

THE JACKAL
    Last edited by ljkkjlcm9; 03-31-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My team is currently has 9 pokemon. So I'll be switching them around

Garchomp is just an uber in case you have it in your team with Tyranitar or the Hippo because they have the instant Sandstorm poké power.

I could use too much pokémon for my online matches. It is difficult to decide which one I will use in a battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Garchomp is just an uber in case you have it in your team with Tyranitar or the Hippo because they have the instant Sandstorm poké power.

I could use too much pokémon for my online matches. It is difficult to decide which one I will use in a battle.
    In other words: if I don't use Hippo or Tyranitar, then Garchomp is fine? =D

In other words: if I don't use Hippo or Tyranitar, then Garchomp is fine? =D
    Indeed. It doesn't even matter if Garchomp itself uses Sandstorm. It is a regular attack. And even if you would use Gojira or the Happy Hippo together with Garchomp there is no one in this forum who would care. There are still moves which have a 100 % hit rate.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-31-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not to mention, frankly, a well-placed Calm Mind'd Ice Beam will pretty much take it out. I guess it's fine if we make an exception.

If that's the case, can we make an exception for Manaphy? The only reason it's Uber is because it's pretty tough when paired with Kyogre.

Not to mention, frankly, a well-placed Calm Mind'd Ice Beam will pretty much take it out.
    Indeed. Garchomp, Dragonite and Tyranitar are pure destroyers. But they are as weak as they are strong. Everyone who plays online uses attacks like Hidden Power - Ice, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Close Combat, et cetera.