Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Wifi Matches/Tournaments?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not against a smurfing Garchomp maybe, but I think it is still decent enough to manage on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Not against a smurfing Garchomp maybe, but I think it is still decent enough to manage on its own.
    We can try in case we have to battle each other.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm making one in Shoddy right now to test :P

Blog Entries

Well, all I say is:

Focus Sash Magikarp with Flail ftw.

Edit: Whoa, wait, what... Magikarp can learn a new move called Bounce in the new games? That's awesomeness beyond words!

Gotta get one of the new pokemon games now, so I can teach my mighty, fearsome King Karp this move. I'll ditch Focus Sash/Flail for freaking Choice Band Bounch! =O
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 04-24-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Well, all I say is:

Focus Sash Magikarp with Flail ftw.

Edit: Whoa, wait, what... Magikarp can learn a new move called Bounce in the new games? That's awesomeness beyond words!

Gotta get one of the new pokemon games now, so I can teach my mighty, fearsome King Karp this move. I'll ditch Focus Sash/Flail for freaking Choice Band Bounch! =O
    I swear, use a Magikarp when you fight me and I will destroy this planet with more than just a Meteor.

No, don't worry. Use your Magikarp if you want to use it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I swear, use a Magikarp when you fight me and I will destroy this planet with more than just a Meteor.

No, don't worry. Use your Magikarp if you want to use it.
    Even though I actually do have a Magikarp with good EV's/nature and such, I doubt I will use him in the tournament.

Even at 1 HP, his Flail won't hurt enough to be worth it. =(

...unless, of course, I somehow manage to Baton Pass a 6x Attack boost to him. =O

...once I get HG/SS though, there WILL be King Karp! And there will be CB-bounching! =D

Just send me your Magikarp now. I will learn it Bounce.

Blog Entries

Just send me your Magikarp now. I will learn it Bounce.
    Awesome. We can play a test-match/random casual too while we're at it. Just gotta find some time to do it.

Just tell me when you are ready.

Blog Entries

Ahhh, thanks Sephy! King Karp couldn't have been happier.

Now, I'm gonna go solo the Final Four and Cynthia with him! Mwahahaha!!! =D

Blog Entries

First guy (Bugs) was easy, since Bounch is super-effective against everything except Drapion (purple scorpion-thingy). My Magikarp, with Choice Band, OKO everything up to Drapion, which was a 2-HKO after using one X-Attack item (yes, items are being used, or else it would be impossible. Seriously).

Second guy (Earth) was tougher, as the first pokemon couldn't even be 2-HKOed without attack-boost, and liked to use Double Team a lot after using Sand Storm... making it a pain to hit with bounch, which not only takes 2 turns but also has less than 100% accuracy already.

So I ditched CB for Life Orb and let my Magikarp stay at the same HP I finished the first guy at (a little above 60 HP or so because of the hits taken from Drapion). I used X-Attack item, the opposing pokemon used Sand Storm. My HP goes down a little bit (to around 50). I use yet another X-Attack, he uses Double Team, my hp goes down to 35-40. I use Flail, hits and OHKO's, HP goes down to around 20, then to a single digit after Sand Storm (8, I think it was). Against next pokemon, I fully restore, boost up stats while the opponent keeps using Sucker Punch which fails, then takes out the rest of the team with Bounch.

The third guy (Fire) wasn't too bad. I switched Life Orb for the Sharp Beak item just because I couldn't think of anything better. Powered up some against first opponent, then took out everything up to Steelix, which was a bit of a pain since everything was ineffective. I kept powering up until Attack was maxed, got him down to half with Tackle, then finished with a Bounch. Final pokemon was some normal-type that went down easy.

Fourth guy (Psych) was a pain. After realizing that Mr. Mime's Thunderbolt actually could OHKO my awesome Magikarp, I swapped the item to good old Focus Sash. Mr' Mime starts with that Barrier-thing that halves Special Attack damage, while I start with X-Attack. Next tuern, I use X-Attack again and Mr. Mime uses Thunderbolt, leaving me at 1 HP. From there on, I OHKO the whole team with Flail... up to the final pokemon aka Bronzong. I fully heal, then start a tedious stat-boosting/healing spamming. When I've finally got my attack high enough, I start to Bounch, eventually taking Bronzong out with a critical.

Now, only Cynthia's left. Only she stands in the way of King Karp's eternal reign of terror and fishyness!!!

...You are one crazy jew bastard Shads.

Maybe we can do a match soon. Then you can use Magikarp against me.

Blog Entries

Fwahahaha! Even Cynthia has now fallen! For this battle, I used the hold-item Leftovers.

Spiritomb was the biggest problem by far. He had the potential to 2HKO with 2xDark Pulse, or Dark Pulse + Psychic and if he used Embargo (can no longer use items) on me, it'd basically mean instant Game Over.

The only move that would even work was obviously Bounch, like with all ghost types. And Bounch would only 2HKO after one Attack boost.

Eventually, Spiritomb used Silver Wind when I used my X-Attack, then I used Bounch, dissapearing from the screen and making him miss with an Embargo. After first hit, he uses Dark Pulse, and I go down to less than half, but at that point he's also at less than half and I finish him with a second bounch.

Roserade went down to a single Bounch since it was super effective.

Gastrodon become my first set-up target, and I started with healing, Ether to restore PP, and a few defense boosts. After 4 Attack boosts in, though, a critical hit with Rock Edge sent me down to exactly 1 HP. After another full restore, I went for a Bounch and OHKOed with it.

Against Lucario, I also just OHKOed with a bounch. Since he's both fighting and steel type, it'd do normal damage.

Milotic became the second (and a slightly less risky) set-up target. I maxed out attack, and then OHKO Bounched.

Then came the final showdown: Garchomp vs Magikarp. Even a maxed out Bounch wouldn't OHKO Garchomp, but thanks to a full restore before proceeding from Milotic and the few defense boosts, I survived his Earthquake. Then, a second Bounch finished Garchomp off.

GLORIOUS VICTORY TO KING KARP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    ...You are one crazy jew bastard Shads.

Maybe we can do a match soon. Then you can use Magikarp against me.
    Yeah. I just need to figure out the rest of my party. I mean... after accomplishing this grand feat, it would be an insult towards King Karp to not base the whole team around him somehow.