Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gil farming at the end of the game.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by docta fizz View Post
    genji gloves, go to sullya springs and do mission 63 too easy , it is faster to beat them with a summon, but is faster to beat them whithout one my way because you don't need to up your TP between battles, and in fact you can summon every 3rd one because you gain tp from killing them my way
    I think your method sounds pretty good. I am also 5 roles maxed with one more role to go so I should be able to do that. Just a quick question, how long does the battle last for you? I'm at the point where I prefer to reload if I don't get any spoils, so want the battles to go as fast as possible

mmm good question though instead of "ONE" being sen-syn-med start out with syn-syn-sen, and they take me... hmm, sorry mate, I'm not really sure. I went home to my parents house for easter and won't be back there till sunday night.

I'll give you the time then, my guess is a minute per leg and 3 for the main body around 5 mins? 4-7 is best guess.

Edit: The adamanchelids turn into shaolon gui's... not cool square, not cool

Edit2: ooo dark matter, i take it back
    Last edited by docta fizz; 04-04-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I just accidentally brought out the Gui, too. I thought they would appear, I didn't think they'd replace them. -_- Urgh. I saved, too. I suppose I could go back to the save from last night and throw away four hours of leveling. =| Noooooooooot happy at all. Dark Matter is little consolation, it's only used for a few (admittedly great) items and sells for less than a Trap does.

EDIT: At least they're still in Eden, although I was gunning to take on some Adamantortoise as they're easier to kill when you're not using summons.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I suppose I could go back to the save from last night and throw away four hours of leveling. =| Noooooooooot happy at all. Dark Matter is little consolation, it's only used for a few (admittedly great) items and sells for less than a Trap does.
    Long Gui's have some way of taking them down but the real thing, well the real perk is upgrading all your crap from power fist> kaisers.

Long's drop traps way faster, too bad I don't need anymore but if you still need them with 2 catalogs i got 2 traps in 10 fights?

Try different strategies on both long and shaolongs because there are some easy ways of killing them

(ohh yeah and I've got a question for you)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I need gil, and nothing much else but gil, so this is going to be a bit of a nightmare to go through. Definitely gonna stick with Eden now!

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

No matter how many Platinum Ingots I get, it seems like it's never enough. You can only buy 3 Ultracompact Reactors for each Platinum Ingot. Gil is super hard to farm in this game! It's getting to the point where if I get a Trap, I am disappoint! Need more Platinum Ingots!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Same. I ended up going back to my other 6-hour-old save. I found a good place to run around now though - when you have the strength, just take down the Adamantortoise on Pulse without using Death or Summons - save the Summons for the Adamantoise. I'm going...

Save point --> Adamtortoise --> 3x Adamenchilde --> Adamantortoise (with 3 lionthings) --> Adamenchilde (when you exit the area there should be one, after this you should have almost 4 TP) --> the Adamantoise to your left (Summon/Death) --> Take on a few goblins/lionthings/etc. on the way to the Adamantoise at the other end so you have 3 TP --> Adamantoise (Summon/Death) --> Save point, save, go to menu, load, start from the beginning!

This is making me very, very quick money. It works great with Vanille/Fang/Hope, with Fang as leader for the Adamantortoises and Vanille as leader for the Adamantoise. With Fang using her maxed out weapon, I can take down an Adamantortoise in three minutes without Summons or Death. Vanille rarely fails with her Death on the Adamantoise, so it's faster to just use her than to take it down through other means. The 4-5 Adamenchilde you'll kill along this route also give you some nifty Gold Dust. After the first Adamantoise I usually have 2.5 TP or so, so just walk towards the other Adamantoise hitting anything along the way, and end up with 3 TP for the next one that way.

My strategies for both...
    Adamantortoise: Fang/Vanille/Hope
    SAB/SAB/SYN - I like to take a few shots at Deprotect etc. on the legs while Haste gets put on by Hope.
    COM/MED/SYN - Until Haste, Protect and Shell are on.
    COM/MED/RAV - Continue attacking legs with this.
    COM/MED/MED - For about two seconds after each Quake attack.
    COM/RAV/RAV - After the next 'stomp' attack following the Quake attack, I switch to this as I know another Quake never comes that soon afterwards, so I can take the time while on full green health to decimate the legs. Whenever the stagger is around 500% and the legs are half-gone (should only take one stagger each with COM/MED/RAV let alone COM/RAV/RAV) you should hit in with Highwind. Bye bye leg.
    SAB/SAB/SYN - Once both legs are down, switch to this and get Deprotect, Deshell, Imperil, Slow and sometimes Curse on him. Vanille + Fang working together shouldn't take too long, and it allows Hope to put on some potentially important offensive buffs before switching to...
    COM/RAV/RAV - 'til death. Once it's around 940% or more, hit in with Highwind for the finishing move.

Adamantoise: Vanille/Fang/Hope - Well, if you don't know the Death strategy, let me know. It's what I use.

Accessories: Vanille has an Earth resistance accessory (currently 40%, although 15% was still working fine before I upgraded) and a magic boosting accessory (+150) alongside the two accessories which help you with items/rare items, Hope has 2x Earth Resistance accessories, a health bonus (a tidy 1,400 or so) accessory and... I forget his other one! Fang has a fully leveled Power Glove, the Genji Glove and two items which allow to her have Random: Instant Stagger, which is awesomely useful.