Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gil farming at the end of the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Gil farming at the end of the game.

What do you fight? I mean, I know there's the Adamantoise what with Vanille doing Death but it can take some time before you get much success, even when using equipment to encourage drops. I think there should be a more accessable final weapon upgrade item. It's taking me forever just to get one of these suckers, let alone the amount of gil I'll need to upgrade a final weapon to maximum. I imagine once I get 2-3 done (probably by doing Fang's weapon with my first Tezawhatever and then dismantling it for three), Adamantoise might be much easier, but at the moment I've already maxed out four roles for each of the characters and I'm still not getting money in much faster.

I'm thinking I might go and fight those white Cie'th (I can't remember the name off the top of my head) in Eden for some time instead as their drops come a bit easier and I'm not relying on luck like I am with the Death spell.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

What you need to do is fully upgrade a kains lance made from a dragons lance gae Bolg or pandoran spear then dismantle it and you will make 3 trap mats and 36 moonblossom seeds worth 216k

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

He knows that; he first needs to get one, though, which is the issue.

I'm kind of surprised you still need to use the Death ability to take down the Adamantoises with four roles maxed. Have you tried just attacking them (after using a summon still)?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, but I found it takes longer than using Death. xD It tends to get back up before I can finish it off, so I have to then go into super-careful mode whilst at the same time slowly, slowly hacking away at it's legs so it goes down again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I have 2 roles maxed per character and I just took down 3 in a row (I had to break to recover TP, of course) without using Death (which is good because I don't want to spend gil on upgrading her weapon). It's pretty close, and the first time he had just risen about to kill me, but I managed to do it.

However, in the 5 Adamantoises I've taken out, I've only gotten one Platinum Ingot. With how long it takes to kill them, plus regenerate TP afterwards, they are not the most efficient things to fight.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I have two roles maxed per character, and this is what I did: Sold my 3 Platinum Ingots that I won from fixing Vanille's robot in Oerba. Then I upgraded and equipped Fang, Lightning with Power Gloves (STR + 250). I equipped Hope with Weirding Glyphs (MAG + 250). I also upgraded Fang's Taming Pole and one of Hope's weapons to the second level. Then I entered battle.

I start with Fang/Lightning/Hope on SAB/COM/RAV and immediately summon Bahamut. I cast Imperil, Shell, Protect, Slow. Then I kill him as much as I can with the Eidolon (which isn't much). After Bahamut is done, I then use RAV/RAV/RAV to get Adamantoise staggered. Then use COM/COM/RAV to finish him off *just* before he finishes stagger mode and stands up! I have to admit, each time I kill Adamantoise, it's a really close call! At least if the stagger runs out early, and there is a sliver of HP left and he's killed Hope and Lightning, you can keep Fang alive cos she jumps up and attacks. Whenever you see him about to stamp his foot you can push triangle and make her jump up

Like Raistlin I have also won only one Platinum Ingots out of about 5 Adamantoises :o
    Last edited by Rinoabella; 04-02-2010 at 05:11 AM.

Raistlin: However, in the 5 Adamantoises I've taken out, I've only gotten one Platinum Ingot.
    You need one collectors catalog on each person in your active party. Brings it up to 50/50 drop rate, I actually get about 6 or 7 out of 10. It is also worth it to activate the adamantoise mission (mission 62 i think? not sure it's in sullya springs) this will give you a gold nugget, and 3 adamantoises in a very small radius. Generally I kill one with summon, the second the hard way, and by the time i fight the 3rd I have another summon. This will near garuntee you a gold nugget (60,000?) and an ingot (150,000). It is well worth the trip back and forth, I garuntee it.

As for the 4 classes mastered still taking awhile to kill them, if you incap them and have 3 sab's casting status ailments, he usually dies before he stands back up, but should he manage, you should have no problem with sen-sab-med paradigm. It really is the fastest way to grind for gil

!IMPORTANT!
    I've had 9 coiniseurs catalogs on my characters and killed 20? and got about 2 ingots and no traps

With 3 collectors catalogs I get better than 6 ingots /10 battles and ohh yeah I also got a trap with no coiniseurs on

(sorry for the spelling, meh)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The Collectors Catalogs stack? Well, that's good to know. I only have two though (I converted the 3rd to a rare item catalog). Maybe I'll buy another.

And actually I have been doing it the mission 63 way just for the gold nugget. My last time I got a Platinum Ingot as well, making it a 210k trip. I don't think my party is quite up to beating one "the hard way" yet, though... maybe Vanille/Snow/Hope with Vanille spamming Death, which is how I beat Neochu to get the Growth Egg. I think I'll give that a try next time.

As for the 4 classes mastered still taking awhile to kill them, if you incap them and have 3 sab's casting status ailments, he usually dies before he stands back up, but should he manage, you should have no problem with sen-sab-med paradigm. It really is the fastest way to grind for gil
    Just Saboteurs can kill one?

It seems that the status ailments have an effect on success rate of death, your party leader must still be vanille with beladonna wand spamming death till she's propery annoyed the hell out of you with "alright, here it comes"

It's expensive to buy an additional collectors catalog but if you plan on farming more than 5 adamantoises It will pay for itself
    Last edited by docta fizz; 04-02-2010 at 04:28 AM.

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I remember reading somewhere in the guide that two of the same catalogs don't stack. You should equip one of each, not the same ones. Not sure if this means for each person or the entire party though!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I guess I'll just stick with using Death, as it sounds like you guys rely on the summon as well (which is the main reason I find myself annoyed, because it means I have to spend time working the TP up again instead of just jumping to the next Adamantoise). That's my main gripe - you can't just keep killing them, you have to get TP up to do it in decent time.

And the catalogs do stack, but each one makes it less and less valuable. In other words, if one catalog was to increase chances of getting an item by 25%, then having four of them won't make every item 100%. I think they mentioned that 2-3 is basically all you should bother with as anything else will only increase your chances by a minimal amount. Never mind, they don't stack at all, turns out I was reading about something else!

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Platinum Ingots, Gold Dust, Incentive Chips and Credit Chips are my main source of income.

I tend to circle round the Leviathan Plaza killing soldiers and the adamantoise for CP and Gil... It gets boring after a while, though. You get your TP back really quick from the soldiers, then just go through the gate to respawn the Adamantoise.

As you get stronger, the odds of Death working increase (I think).
    Last edited by No.78; 04-02-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    jkhkjg

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I recommend fighting the Adamantoise at Eden Hall. You can get your TP back really quickly by fighting some of the soldiers and Behemoths there. Plus, if you have the Growth Egg equipped, you can get 200,000 CP in a matter of minutes!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

So my Vanille/Snow/Hope (Sab/Sen/Med) trick works great, and I can kill the damn things without a summon now so no recharging TP. And even better, my third Adamantortoise dropped a Trap! I have like 2 mil, too, so now I'm looking up which weapon to dismantle.

dragoon lance!!! is by far the most awesome and with it you will be able to kill them much quicklyer (yeah making up my own words) with fang, trust me this tip is golden

FYI i just started killing them without death spam
    (come to think of it, i think i've eaten a can of deathspam... hmm)

sorry for getting sidetracked, with fang's dragoon lance you don't even need to start with a summon

Golden I tell you, golden@

Edit: ohh yah, it dismantles into 3 traps when your ready