Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metroid: Other M

Arrow Metroid: Other M

CLICK!

Who - other than me - is excited about this game?

Wow, Mother Brain is one durable biocomputer.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Im not really looking forward to this. I dont even have a Wii, but if I was excited I would play it on my friends one.

I used to be a die hard Metroid fan back in the day (yes i know im not old enough to use that phrase), but this game does nothing for me so far. I hoping they can prove me wrong, but nothing from Team Ninja has ever excited me.

Why ruin the mystery that is Samus?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

The Japanese version shows just a liiiitle bit more gameplay before they show off the 1st person mode.

YouTube - Wii Metroid: Other M gameplay video [JP ver]

I also don't like how they're bringing the anime melodrama to Samus, but unlike Croyles I still think the Ninja Gaiden games have The Best Combat of any action game. Bayonetta came close and Ninja Gaiden 2 came close to ruining it, but it still feels the best to me. So I look forward to playing it.

Although as far as 'Nintendo-published Wii games before June', it's 3rd on my Want list. First is Sin & Punishment, then Mario. 4th if you plug in Atlus' Trauma Team just behind Sin & Punishment.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I do have to admit it looks fun. I just really hope they get the feel of the mechanics right, like Nintendo always does.

Quick off topic: Whats happened to Youtube? Is it an April Fools joke or real?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Why do they appear to have retconned a mole onto Samus's face? Samus doesn't need a mole. That's awful.

The game looks promising aside from that, though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There needs to be at least 1 thing to complain about. If there is a perfect game, where can you continue on?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That actually looks pretty damn awesome and only because the game is actually trying to capture the feel of the originals. The Hand to hand combat moves might feel excessive but I feel they actually give an idea that boss battles might have a bit more depth than walking back and forth while rapid fire shooting. To me its a welcome addition as long as its handled right.

Not sure how I feel about Samus talking but the music definetly feels like classic Metroid and that's definetly a good thing.

Blog Entries

Didn't Samus have a mole in Zero Mission? Or am I just imagining things?

Edit: Now I watched the trailer. Definitely looking forward to it! I'm not sure if I like those finisher moves she's using, but I don't feel like I'll be disappointed by the environments of the game.

So, is this actually a remake of Super Metroid? That trailer showed the scene with Mother Brain and the baby Metroid. Or is it just a flashback?

I hated that scene. That baby Metroid was just too awesome. And there was nothing we could do to save it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Didn't Samus have a mole in Zero Mission? Or am I just imagining things?
    You're imagining things. But she was dolled up with entirely too much make-up in Zero Mission, which led to her looking like an abominable Barbie doll with spider-leg eyelashes in Prime 2 and 3.

Metroid Prime Hunters, despite not actually being a good game at all, actually made her look beautiful in its FMV without making her grotesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    So, is this actually a remake of Super Metroid? That trailer showed the scene with Mother Brain and the baby Metroid. Or is it just a flashback?
    Previews have stated it's a flashback (this game takes place in between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion). If the game were a remake, it wouldn't make much sense to show the big climactic scene in all the trailers, anyway.

Blog Entries

It makes me sad that MPH had the best Zero Suit Samus. Why couldn't the MP games have done that?

The original Prime's Samus also looked nice without her helmet. It was only Echoes and Corruption that made her look horrid.

Blog Entries

I remember making a poll a while ago about which Samus design from the Prime games forum members preferred. Surprisingly, most people preferred MP2 Samus.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gametrailers has a great analysis of the trailer up: Metroid: Other M Video Game, GT Pop-Block: Gameplay Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
    It directly points out a lot of stuff that journalists talked about in the written previews a short while back. Fairly informative. Some things about it have me a little worried, but we'll see.