Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tower of Babil...

Default The Tower of Babil...

I've always wondered how and why it was built... The base of the tower is in the underworld. Were the dwarves trying to reach the overworld?

Otherwise, it's seems like a useless tower, considering how tall it is... :freak:

Speculation kgo!

Sponsored by the Apocalypse Party. The end is nigh, so let's get high

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

it houses the Giant of Babil

I thought the Giant came from the Moon...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The tower did too

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The Giant of Babel resides in the moon and was teleported to earth using the tower.

It does kind of make you wonder how it was built. It's not like there was any significant Lunarian presence on Earth in the past(does the FFIV planet have a name?) It is almost like they launched it from the moon right into Earth's crust.

Or Kluya is just a super stud and built the whole thing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    It does kind of make you wonder how it was built. It's not like there was any significant Lunarian presence on Earth in the past(does the FFIV planet have a name?) It is almost like they launched it from the moon right into Earth's crust.
    That's an interesting thought, considering the history of the Lunarians. They had lived on a planet between Mars and Jupiter. Their planet was going to be destroyed, so they went to Earth. But, the humans weren't evolved enough for the Lunarians to cohabitate with them, so they created the second Moon and hibernated in the core until the humans were ready.

But, we do know that Lunarian technology was present on Earth, for example: the airship, which KluYa introduced.

Of course, 75% of the story was cut for the SNES version. We may never know...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The bigger mystery is the tower of Zot

Contributions

No kidding.
    Do we even have any leads on where it physically exists (existed)?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No It's never seen again

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The way the Tower of Babil is described, it sounds like it stretches all the way to the moon, so the Giant would come down to Earth directly from there. But since there's no sign of the Tower on the moon itself, I guess it falls short.

Since the Enterprise rises off the top of the screen when approaching the Tower of Zot, it's presumably floating in the air somewhere, like the Flying Castle from FFI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    The way the Tower of Babil is described, it sounds like it stretches all the way to the moon, so the Giant would come down to Earth directly from there. But since there's no sign of the Tower on the moon itself, I guess it falls short.
    The only way this could work is if the the moon was a geostationary satellite. However, since the moon orbits around the Earth, the tower would be torn apart.

But then again, if the Tower of Zot can exist in mid-air, then I suppose a giant tower could extend from the Earth to the Moon.

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    The only way this could work is if the the moon was a geostationary satellite.
    I'm sure if we could see the moon from the world map it would always be in the same place

I recall them saying something about a matter transporter in the DS version.

A matter transporter makes sense, since we already know they do exist within the tower (Rubicant uses one to transport from the lower to the upper world). However, you'd need one hell of a transporter to teleport a GIANT from the moon to the Earth.

Contributions

And it would need some massive power source. Like 8 crystals or something crazy. It all comes together.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was the tower mistranslated as "Bab-ILL!" at one point or am I being stupid?

Also, Babil = Babel.