Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Elections 2010, Debate Thread!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All you've done is show that you're an ass, Paul.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've had my name changed to a number of unpleasant things today alone, and I've been in the cage plenty of times before. Don't see me ragin'

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They had no good arguments so they had to create their own using cheap forum tricks! Don't believe their lies.

I say this round goes to the 501st. :vader:

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Paulpatine View Post
    I've had my name changed to a number of unpleasant things today alone, and I've been in the cage plenty of times before. Don't see me ragin'
    1. You started it. And your new name kicks ass anyway.
    2. I doubt you were tricked into it and spent two and a half hours in there.
    3. I think that amount of time hardly qualifies as "ragin'."

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

Alright found it!

The Zombie Party will have to bring up their Keeper of Knowledge and/or Guardian of Youth, to respond to the following topic:

Much has been made about EoFF's ability or inability to attract and keep new members. Some have placed blame on unfriendly, difficult transition into upper forums, and dead, lifeless lower forums. Do you find either of these to be accurate? What do you feel, if anything, should be changed for EoFF to attract new members?

BUT THIS ISN'T ALL!

The 501st Legion Party will have to bring up their General of All Armies and their Vice Presidential Candidate to respond to the following topic:

The Eyeson Frontsite has been worked maticulously by a hard-working dedicated staff of Cid's Technicians. With the coming of vB4, the possibilty of connecting the frontsite and the forums is more possible than ever. How much and how do you feel that they should be connected? Any specific ideas?

Both parties have 24 hours.
    Last edited by Election Booth; 04-09-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Will these be the only posts required or will rebuttals be made after the initial posts?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thank the lord, I thought you were going to make us switch sides next. I didn't want to type any more.

Good luck guys.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Urm why are you using me a non active member of the 501st party as your evidence? Weak.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Freia View Post
    Urm why are you using me a non active member of the 501st party as your evidence? Weak.
    Because you're a great source of pranks, such as this one:

*snip*

And ofcourse theres this important message from our sponsors:

*snip*

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Freya has requested not to have her picture posted publicly without being asked beforehand. Please refrain from doing so from now on. This goes for the whole forums, not just this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosWookiee View Post
    Will these be the only posts required or will rebuttals be made after the initial posts?
    The other party will have to rebuttal after the initial argument is made.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Election Booth View Post
    The Eyeson Frontsite has been worked maticulously by a hard-working dedicated staff of Cid's Technicians. With the coming of vB4, the possibilty of connecting the frontsite and the forums is more possible than ever. How much and how do you feel that they should be connected? Any specific ideas?

Instead of member-submitted reviews (which I, for one, will never read), actual playthroughs of Square games by members would be more interesting additions to the front site, especially if they're accompanied by screenshots. They'd be like walkthroughs, I guess, and even better than normal playthroughs would be challenges (you know, like low-level challenges).

The blogging feature of VB4 could be used for this, too, and the really good blog entries could be linked from the front site. Regardless, the front site should/could recognize past and future threads like SeeDRankLou's Perfect Game of FFIX, for example, and Necronopticous' "Ah, the Power of Cheese" (website here) by linking to them or giving them their own pages. Very helpful they are!

For real! No joke!

Also, I happen to have a Loony BoB icon:

Excellent! Zombie Party now has 12 hours to make a rebuttal along with their hour and 20 minutes to post an argument on their current topic! 501st, you get to kick back and relax until their argument is made.

Zombie Debate Entry:

“Much has been made about EoFF's ability or inability to attract and keep new members.”
    Unquestionably, EoFF does have the ability to attract new members. This is illustrated by the fact that 16 new people posted introduction threads within the Wonder Square between March 1st and today. This is not counting those who have posted “Hey, I’m Back!” threads and others who have registered simply without making introduction threads.

“Much has been made about EoFF's ability or inability to attract and keep new members.”
    Each and every forum around the world will encounter new members who don’t stick around. This is especially the case for a forum such as EoFF, that has been around for a great period of time. The heart of such a forum is composed of the most loyal members who have served their time here with distinction. Wondering into such an environment incontestably warrants a sense of not belonging to some people. But the important thing is (especially from an administrative perspective) that you'll never make everyone happy. All you can do is try your best; and in this case, it would seem wise to favor with the oldies and try to adapt to the new.

“Some have placed blame on unfriendly, difficult transition into upper forums, and dead, lifeless lower forums. Do you find either of these to be accurate?”
    Difficult transition to upper forums? Nope. There is a boundless spew of thread topics to discuss in the upper echelon that only a profound retard couldn’t find something to relate to and discuss.

Lifeless lower forums? Yes. If a new member comes here and means business, soon to find that the main forum sections of such business are considerably quieter, then of course that person may look elsewhere for the conversations in which they seek.

“What do you feel, if anything, should be changed for EoFF to attract new members?”
    Nothing. The numbers are there as evidence that new people are swinging by on a consistent basis. Also, this forum is a unique home to so many people already so why change the equation? The eyes that lay witness on this debate tribute to the fact that we are a healthy community in need of no serious remedy or change.
    Go ahead and build a better messiah.

I know you had that ready to go in time, so a'okay!

Alright, I wasn't here when it was posted, so 501st doesn't have 24 hours from now, but 24 hours from the time of PusMoaning's post to make a rebuttal!