Thread: Whooooo Made This Owl Tote?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Whooooo Made This Owl Tote?

If I had one wish in doing this bag, it's that I had used three more sheets of interface so that it was really crisp and had a really good shape without having to put things inside of it. It's too floppy without good thick interfacing. I bought lightweight cotton interfacing because it was all they had in the little fabric shop I like to go to nearby, and since their shop is going through hard financial times, I felt like too much of a jerk to go find thicker interface elsewhere!

But otherwise, I'm so happy with it. My first project I've ever sewed was also a tote bag and that came out.... well.... it's just nice to see how much I've progressed in a few months time. XD

I used this owl fabric for the outside, pink polka-dot for the lining, and light-weight cotton interface because... that was all they had in the stores. So that's why the bag is a little limp. ;;

Squared off corners for a nice stable base!

I'm thinking about adding a big pink fabric bow near the right strap. I made one, but I'm having trouble finding a way to fasten it really securely without the stitches being really ugly and ruining the cute effect. Ideas?!

Oh my GOD it's so cute!

I don't see anything else you could change, besides what you said about making it thicker and such.

If I paid you can you make me one?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stellar work!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thank you so much!

I'm actually re-opening my Etsy store once I've made more crafts, because I just got back home to my sewing machine last week so I've not really made too much yet. I'll let you know when it's open, because I'll probably be selling that bag in my stock, so I'll keep it reserved for you!

It's cute, but it's not really practical for me to use, because I have way too much junk to carry around as a student, and I'd just end up breaking the bag even though I stitched it up really good to keep it stable, because of the amount of stuff I have with me. XD So selling it will be the best thing, so I can keep making more.

Done and done, I call dibs

It's cute. Anything that has something to do with owls I tend to automatically love.

Also, tote bags/other similar bags are a good idea. Especially for when going grocery shopping - so that you won't use those plastic bags

So all in all, nice job!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I think this bag is quite fabulous.

Also in response to thread title: You! You! You!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Breeeeeines View Post
    It's cute. Anything that has something to do with owls I tend to automatically love.

Also, tote bags/other similar bags are a good idea. Especially for when going grocery shopping - so that you won't use those plastic bags

So all in all, nice job!
    Thanks! I was actually going for that grocery shopping tote with this bag, but it came out smaller than I had expected, even though I used a great deal of fabric, and the interfacing wasn't strong enough, so the bag just feels kind of fragile and like it would break under too much strain of groceries. I think I'm going to try to make another. Too bad I don't have any more owl fabric!

Thanks, Pontus, also!

Aww that owl fabric is so cute!

I don't think it really matters about the flimsy interfacing, most bags that i've seen like that are pretty flimsy anyway.