Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eleventh Doctor (Spoilers for all episodes shown in UK)

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I don't like the Daleks anymore, mostly its because they reuse them over and over and over and over again. They're like a virus, unless you get all of them, they'll just keep coming back.

I'm looking forward to the next episode because Blink was one of the best episodes and the only one to get me even slightly scared.

I'm a big Doctor Who fan, I really enjoy the show.

I like this new guy, I felt in his first episode there were a couple of parts where he acted a little like Tennant and I was thinking "Oh God, don't do that, it's stupid", but now I think he's coming into his own.

Now, my opinion on the Daleks is HUGE. From the top, when they originally started coming back (in these new episodes I mean, I wasn't alive for the originals), I loved them - I rank(ed) them in my top 10 bad dudes of all time. I loved how everyone, including the Doctor, reacted with fear. It was like "Woah, even The Doctor is papping his pants, these guys are supa kewl".

But then they kept bringing them back, again and again and I reached my ultimate end of respect for the way the Daleks were written when The Doctor was just prancing around pushing buttons making them spin around in a comical fashion going "waaaahhh". I mean come on, they just degraded the super villains of Doctor Who.
    Another thing I didn't like was the way they kept saying "Now the Daleks have gone...for good!" but they kept coming back, kinda defeated the purpose of him beating them - everyone knew they would be back.

In conclusion, I liked how they were handled in this episode. I did go into it holding my head in my hands in sadness, but I thought it was done quite well. I also like the fact that they didn't try to fool everyone into thinking they were gone...and this time for realzees! I think I can get over the fact that they're rainbow too.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really is like Superman beating Lex Luthor by throwing pies in his face.

I've only seen the first episode (and I am avoiding spoilers on the second, so I'm not reading most of this thread), but I have conflicted feelings about Matt Smith. The guy can act, there is no doubt about that, but I still just get the feeling that he is too young to be the Doctor. Previous Doctors could command the respect of everyone around with a look. Matt Smith is just too young for that aspect of the character.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I agree with the consensus regarding Daleks, and I'm glad they've got them out of the way in the last episode. Now we can focus on better things. Looking forward to the return of the angels but even more so looking forward to the expanding of the theme of cracks in time which is going on right now.

EDIT: And definitely agree that Karen Gillan is hot.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Actually, I'm really hating the cracks in time plot. One of my biggest problems with the Doctor Who reboot is that idiotic plot device. They take something about the final episode of the season, and sprinkle it through every episode before it. It was fine when they did it once. Now they're working on the fifth time. The mechanic is old and boring, guys, find a new one.

Season 1: Bad Wolf
    Season 2: Torchwood
    Season 3: Vote Saxon
    Season 4: Images of Rose, and the Doctor/Donna
    Season 5: Cracks in Time

Really? Really?! How many more times are you going to do this?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So long as they tie in with a story at the end then I don't see the problem. I don't think images of Rose had anything to do with the theme last time around - it was, for me at least, always to do with "the stars are going out" and "there's something on your back."

EDIT: Oh, and the "Knock four times" thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The Lonely God/Angel was the best buzzphrase. Although it never really built into anything. Maybe the Master, I suppose, although it did take two series.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Enjoyed the Time of Angels episode. Though I was annoyed at the dead bodies at first, they hinted at an explanation so I'll get over it.

Articles

I was sure Bob was Neville Longbottom. (he wasn't, I checked)

that bit where all that dust came out Amy's eye creeped me out lol.

I had a well weird dream that there was an episode set in Ikea with a Vashta Nerada-esque threat, and the only way to defeat it and save Amy was for the Doctor to lick her, was strange but I randomly remebered about it when he bit Amy lol.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles

That would probably be an improvement on the average Russell T. Davies episode

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey! Russell T. Davies.....nope, fair point.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The scene with the angel in the recording is by far the scariest most hide-behind-the-couch moment Who has ever done for me.

Pretty smurfing great episode all around.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree, that was brillaintly done. Moffat seems to know exactly how to kids up. "The monster on the TV will become real if you don't keep looking at it"? Freaking genius.