Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eleventh Doctor (Spoilers for all episodes shown in UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    One thing I'm not keen on is the number of cliffhanger episodes. I don't mind them once in a while, but it seems half of the episodes this season are going to be incomplete stories. I personally enjoy having a full episode, start and finish, on most Saturdays. There's another two-parter in mid-June, too. Grr.

EDIT: Further investigation shows that it's the norm and I just never noticed until now. I still think it's annoying, though!
    Yeah, they've been infuriating me since Eccleston.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I think it's good to have one or two two-parters during a series (not just the finale), sometimes a story needs more than 45 minutes.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

While true, it shouldn't be a case of three doubles and 6-7 singles.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They always have three two-parters per series. This isn't anything new

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    One thing I'm not keen on is the number of cliffhanger episodes. I don't mind them once in a while, but it seems half of the episodes this season are going to be incomplete stories. I personally enjoy having a full episode, start and finish, on most Saturdays. There's another two-parter in mid-June, too. Grr.

EDIT: Further investigation shows that it's the norm and I just never noticed until now. I still think it's annoying, though!
    Did you ever watch the older Doctor Who shows?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The few that I watched, I can barely remember. I do remember seeing an episode with him and that robot dog on the moon (or something that resembled the moon).

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

(SPOILER)Noooooooooooooo

Donna doesn't get her brains fried when it was supposed to happen, but Rory winds up dead and erased from history. Curse you Doctor Who
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    (SPOILER)Noooooooooooooo

Donna doesn't get her brains fried when it was supposed to happen, but Rory winds up dead and erased from history. Curse you Doctor Who
    (SPOILER)This one has me a bit confused. It's been established that the cracks supposedly take out people from time so people in the current time-line end up forgetting them, yet their actions still seem to be in effect in that time-line. Does that mean there's just a "gap" in people's memories? Cause if Rory was completely erased from history technically it should mean all of his help to the doctor was erased too.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)Noooooo! Not Rory!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

(SPOILER)The Doctor will fix it in the series finale with the cracks in! You'll see! He'll make it all okay!

...I hope.

Also I do like how the main menace has been built up throughout the series, unlike in the previous ones where it was just the word Bad Wolf or a new Prime Minister.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Why are you guys all marking your posts with spoilers when nothing is being spoiled? If it's been shown on TV then it's fair game. Not to mention the whole thread title containing the word 'Spoilers' thing. Which I'll re-edit for obviousness now.

sniff, Rory, he was actually likeable and the dynamic with all three of them was so good. I can't accept that he's gone for good tho. When Amy forgot him it was so sad. The ring was on the floor wasn't it? maybe thats going to have some significance
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Are they trying to save on money, or something? Before they had (SPOILER)some concrete aangels which only moved when you look away, meaning we didn't REALLY see them moving that much. Today some invisisble monster. Although, I haven't really seen the others, I guess this makes me a noob, and I haven't seen the whole of this episode.

So there we go.

I am not a man

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    Are they trying to save on money, or something? Before they had (SPOILER)some concrete aangels which only moved when you look away, meaning we didn't REALLY see them moving that much. Today some invisisble monster. Although, I haven't really seen the others, I guess this makes me a noob, and I haven't seen the whole of this episode.

So there we go.
    Invisible monster that still got shown enough that no it would not have saved money. I think the whole invisibility thing was to point out that the Doctor is not infallible he does have failings and sometimes needs help to see it through. The ending of the episode where they take Van Gogh to present day Paris to show him his artwork was really touchingly filmed (great likeness to van gogh too in that)

I knew that the cracks were associated to the Doctor and the Tardis before they had him pull the fragment of the Tardis out of the crack in the episode where Rory died. If you look at the earlier episodes of the series you can see on one of them that the crack is actually shaped the same as the lock of the Tardis door (rotated 90 degrees) I'm pretty sure that the doctor will figure out what is going on in the final episode but I feel it has actually to do with the regeneration from David Tennant to Smith because if you recall episode 1 he said "new face, new suit, new tardis"

Blog Entries

I always thought it was pronounced Van Go.

What Im really enjoying about the new episodes is that they use the fact that he can actually travel through time as part of the episodes plot rather than just using the time traveling thing to plop them somewhere for an adventure at the begining and take them somewhere else at the end.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!