Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Eleventh Doctor (Spoilers for all episodes shown in UK)

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I always thought it was pronounced Van Go.
    You were wrong, they were right.

I loved the Van Gogh episode. It was shot beautifully and I really enjoyed the fact that the focus was more on the characters than the alien. Shed a tear at the end when they took him to the art gallery. It felt different from a lot of the other episodes and I think it might have felt out of place in the Tennant or Eccleston series, but it fit in nicely with way this series has been going.

Also as for saving money, I believe they have had their budget reduced and I for one think that is a good thing. It breeds more orignal ideas
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

100% agreed with PeneloRatsbane. Was a really good episode and not just a "oh what monster is being a bother this week?" dealie which we kind of saw in some Tennant episodes.

The fez was awesome.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I quite enjoyed the finale, damned if I knew what was going on for half of it though.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

It was a bit all over the place, but I loved it.

I wasn't at all sure about this season at the start but it really grew on me. Plus James Corden = yay!

I hope River Song comes back, Alex Kingston is great.

The "stop the wedding, my imaginary friend is missing" was absolute genius, too. So funny.

And yay for Rory's-not-dead!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not long now until he finally finds out who River Song is to him and that changes everything so next series could be interesting. I found that River Song is so terrifying she can make a Dalek beg for mercy infactuating, thats my kind of lady! Still very glad they didn't let him keep the fez, that is just no, heck no to be precise. Ironically, the Tardis burning being the only thing that saved the earth long enough for the Amy Pond to save the doctor is quite interesting. However when River blew the doors open she looked out in to rock, what rock? Also the sun supernova explosion would have boiled away all life on the planet without fail which is quite an unexplained plot hole though I like how they made the rewind with something as obvious as the angels episode an easter egg you couldn't help but see but at the same point knew nothing of until the end.

I thought the ending was really poor. I knew how it was going to end about half way in... don't like the sacarine "If I remember he'll appear." There were also logic fails... But hey, maybe it's the philosophy grad in me...

I do adore alex kingston and river song is brilliant but I thought she worked better with david tennant. The library is my favourite episode(s)

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Although I liked the final episode when I first saw it, subsequently there's tons of stuff that bothered the crap out of me. Do the cracks just remove people's memories of someone or literally make them never exist at all? Does Amy have magic powers or something? How come Rory guarded that box for two thousand years and he hasn't even got a scratch on him? How come the show keeps thinking Richard Dawkins is an astronomer? Why was the TARDIS exploding in the middle of space as oppose to on the planet itself? If the Pandorica is the "perfect prison" how come the sonic screwdriver opens it up with zero effort? If the TARDIS was exploding how come the central console room was fine where the freakin' heart of the TARDIS is kept? How come Amy is so hot? Why does The Doctor resemble a friendly Easter Island head? Are the Daleks the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers? How many questions have I asked? Does my bum look big in this? Who? What? Where? WHY?!?!

Apart from that, I quite liked it.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Although I liked the final episode when I first saw it, subsequently there's tons of stuff that bothered the crap out of me. Do the cracks just remove people's memories of someone or literally make them never exist at all?
    Apparently it makes them never exist
    Does Amy have magic powers or something?
    Yes, she is Haruhi
    How come Rory guarded that box for two thousand years and he hasn't even got a scratch on him?
    He stayed out of trouble. Or maybe space plastic is stronger than anything we have on earth
    How come the show keeps thinking Richard Dawkins is an astronomer?
    Whuh?
    Why was the TARDIS exploding in the middle of space as oppose to on the planet itself?
    I assume River flew it off the planet to lessen casualties
    If the Pandorica is the "perfect prison" how come the sonic screwdriver opens it up with zero effort?
    I thought that too...maybe it broke when the universe stopped existing like all the space aliens turning to statues
    If the TARDIS was exploding how come the central console room was fine where the freakin' heart of the TARDIS is kept?
    I thought the heart was all over the ship, that little door that leads to the heart was just a little door or something.
    How come Amy is so hot?
    She remembers herself that way and alter realities to make herself sexy
    Why does The Doctor resemble a friendly Easter Island head?
    Easter Island heads look awefully Timelord, Timelords came first
    Are the Daleks the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers?
    Yes, the real question is what they turn into when they merge
    How many questions have I asked?
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song
    Yes
    Does my bum look big in this?
    Yes
    Who?
    Yes
    What?