Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When you're playing the game do you ever wish that Squall didn't fall for Rinoa?

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHeart View Post
    Another thing that ticks me off about rinoa, is shes a fun character i'll give her that, but she needs rescueing so much :(. I don't mind rescueing her once...but after that :@. i also think she should of had magic bangles instead of a shurikun type weapon, a mix between bangle/gloves, would have made me like her as much as tifa :/
    But the thing you need to remember about FFVIII (and the majority of FFs, but VIII was the one that did it best in my opinion) is that the team was just that ateam and each one of them needed saving at some point - Zell needs saving, Rinoa needs saving, anyone who's at the Missile Base needs saving, Hell, even SQUALL needed saving - and he's the main character! You see what I'm saying? You shouldn't single out Rinoa, becuase it is just a way to humanize the characters, by putting them in situations where they can't go alone, and need help from their friends, because we all do at some point.

Rinoa needed saving thrice, admitidly more so than most characters, but those occasions are so far from each other, it's ok - the closest one to her is Squall, who needed saving twice, and one of those times it was Rinoa who saves him. :)
    Yeah i know zell needed saving, but the missle team?
    Squall needed saving twice? I can only rememeber once atm.

TBH, I kinda found Rinoa annoying (I didn't find Selphie annoying) because she just tried too hard to get Squall and she just didn't seem like she was part of the group. Having said that, I was rooting for her because I would have found it embarassing and it would have made cringe if she had gotten turned down after trying so hard.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah i know zell needed saving, but the missle team?
    Squall needed saving twice? I can only rememeber once atm.
    Yeah, they needed saving as far as we knew, as that mission ends in a cliffhanger (which is resolved when you read Selphie's "page").

And as for Squall, the times I am reffering to are the prison, and the ending.

Blog Entries

Really, Rinoa and Selphie were both annoying. And although there wasn't much to the RinoaxSquall relationship, there was absolutely NOTHING about Selphie that Squall would like.

Quistis actually seemed like she might have had a chance, but she gave up so quickly! She came off as a strong woman, but in the end she was weak and stepped aside and attributed her feelings to the orphanage history, whaaat?

Rinoa seemed like a weak woman in comparison, but really she ends up being stronger than Quistis in the end. Just not in battle, haha.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> For Squall, Rinoa was just a pain in the ass, I wonder when he really started to care about her so much.
    The whole RinoaxSquall relationship made me sick and I really didnt get it at all. I guess Squall was brainwashed just like Seifer..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Another thing that ticks me off about rinoa, is shes a fun character i'll give her that, but she needs rescueing so much . I don't mind rescueing her once...but after that :@. i also think she should of had magic bangles instead of a shurikun type weapon, a mix between bangle/gloves, would have made me like her as much as tifa :/
    But the thing you need to remember about FFVIII (and the majority of FFs, but VIII was the one that did it best in my opinion) is that the team was just that ateam and each one of them needed saving at some point - Zell needs saving, Rinoa needs saving, anyone who's at the Missile Base needs saving, Hell, even SQUALL needed saving - and he's the main character! You see what I'm saying? You shouldn't single out Rinoa, becuase it is just a way to humanize the characters, by putting them in situations where they can't go alone, and need help from their friends, because we all do at some point.

Rinoa needed saving thrice, admitidly more so than most characters, but those occasions are so far from each other, it's ok - the closest one to her is Squall, who needed saving twice, and one of those times it was Rinoa who saves him.
    Rinoa needs saving at least 5 times.

Iguions and Edea.
    Hanging from the crumbling edge of the Quad.
    Sorceress Memorial.
    Drifting in space.
    Being junctioned to Adel.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Ok, fair enough, but I liked her enough to save her a million times.

And Sorceress Memorial doesn't really count since she was sort of there voluntarily, but I see your point.

The reason I love the Squall/Rinoa paring is mainly because they are two of my favorite characters in FF, and I actually find them to be a very beliveable paring, because I can see that sort of thing happening, I am really "Inolved" in this game, and I am pleased that they did become a couple, because if they didn't I would have felt cheated.

Ok, fair enough, but I liked her enough to save her a million times.
    Oh, as do I. I was just correcting your numbers.

The reason I love the Squall/Rinoa paring is mainly because they are two of my favorite characters in FF, and I actually find them to be a very beliveable paring, because I can see that sort of thing happening, I am really "Inolved" in this game, and I am pleased that they did become a couple, because if they didn't I would have felt cheated.
    I agree. They aren't my most favorite characters, but they are very high on the list.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Thanks.

I accept that everyone has there own opinion, but it's always nice when some one agrees (if that makes sense).

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I felt that Squall was also a complete douche. They're a typical couple, really.

I doubt their romance lasted more than a few months after FF8 ended, to be honest. I think their relationship was just a stage in their life they'll get over.

The scene in space was meant to be all lovey-dovey and nice, but when I was watching it I didn't feel it at all. Not sure why. It's like they both wanted a love story, but you can't force those things.
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

I think they lasted forever. But theat maybe because I'm a fan, but mostly because I find them perfect for each other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Squall should be with Xu
    This. It would have made things a hell of a lot more interesting. Honestly.

...not to mention I could totally see it happening too, had she not been an NPC.

Blog Entries

I wish Xu would fight with you sometimes. Sort of like Beatrix.

Hmmm...

**shudders at the thought of all the crappy AMVs of Hot For Teacher by Van Halen**

No.

I've always found Rinoa to be endearing, and the pairing of her and Squall was pretty perfect in my opinion. So, I have no problems with that whatsoever.

Just because you might like Selphie or Quistis better, doesn't mean they'd do well in having that function in the storyline. Bigger picture, yo.