Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: time travel

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

ZOMG! time travel

Time travel, possible or not?
    Many believe that the closer velocity gets to equaling the speed of light, the slower time will move, and eventually time will begin to move backwards for an individual.
    My ideas will not approach this idea. My own thoughts are not proven, and may be impossible to prove.
    The topics included in this page include:
    Time travel
    Absolute zero
    Matter destruction
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    All of my ideas come from one thought, that in order to truly “skim” time, one must not exist in true time, but must remove itself completely. In order to move forward, one must completely disappear. I do not believe that reverse travel is possible, only forward.
    What I am saying is that if the possibility of time travel is possible, it could only cause forward movement or true-zero movement. My idea of true zero movement requires absolute zero gravity, which may be impossible to even imagine, and thus true zero energy, which would also result in absolute zero in temperature, and if I am correct, that zero movement would either mean that that object would freely move around that singular instant of time without any thing ever changing, or in other words, stop time, or it could pause, blinking into a dimension of nothingness, until some force of logic or nature or time, causes it to reappear in that exact universal spot in a completely random time sometime in the future, anywhere from the end, to one instant after the pause.
    <o></o>
    If we take the above to be true, then it stands that the reason science cannot reach absolute zero is because the object is still affected by gravity’s force, and is still moving through space, thus having energy. The following part of this paragraph is just something I saw in a dream, and I don’t even trust it. This could be the cause of “black holes” thus making them nothing other than the universe trying to stay true to high pressure to low pressure, but into a zero point of infinitely zero pressure, thus a never filling, non existing, non-moving point in time and space. However, all of this results in the breaking of the law of conservation of matter, which is supposedly impossible, but this may provide a clue as to the reason of the universe expanding.
    <o></o>
    This final paragraph is a testament to the failure of a time “machine” and an explanation of why it is impossible.
    In order for a time machine to be possible, or even for reverse time “travel” to be possible, an infinite calculation of every action and possible change in the past and it’s effect on the entire universe through direct result, gravity, and mass change from the moment in view to the absolute last instant of time, which is incalculable, would need to be finished and solved, thus making planned time travel backwards impossible.
    <o></o>
    All I wish to prove by this document is that planned time “travel” is impossible, and if time travel were to happen, it would break laws of time and existence. It may happen, but if it does, not only is it unsurvivable, but also it will only happen by an anomaly in time, a division over zero, or a recycle of time.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

time is relative.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wonder Square just got too srs and intellectual. Bye.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over -

^definitely did not type that^
    jkhkjg

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

the last paragrah is good, besides I am ADD
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Banned
    Blog Entries

I used to be ADD. No, really, it was my username.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I remember those days, a lot of cats were out of line, seemed to me like they needed to get their name changed. Yeah, but what did we name change their name to? Yo' the choice was obvious, we called you ADD, we called you ADD, this was not a case of HGH...D!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wouldn't it be easier to capture a Celebi?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mo' Meninges View Post

he used the master ball on a shiny pineco

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mo' Meninges View Post
    smurf no! I'm not buying a Japanese copy of Pokemon Colosseum!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Actually there IS a HG/SS giveaway coming up eventually. It was just announced in Japan the other day.

But yeah, I guess you could also learn 5 Black Magic spells and change to a Time Mage class, too.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am travelling through time at a rate of 1 second per second.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I, Blues Agent (currently A gent, Protting and formerly Agent Proto), am a time traveler 45 minutes from the future. I have no idea why it's 45 minutes into the future though. Actually, smurf that, I did win Most Likely To Be a Time Traveler From the Future Ciddie this one time, so it must be true!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Am I the only one who's studied Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity here? Sheesh, standards of education are going way down.

The only possible way you could travel into the past is by creating a wormhole. And even then, that would only allow you to travel back to the beginning of the wormhole. So no chance of going back and stopping Hitler m'afraid.

The rate at which you travel through time depends on how fast you're moving. The closer you travel to the speed of light, the slower time moves for you. The speed of light is the universal speed limit and its speed is the same in every frame of reference. Thus in a moving frame, light in a "photon clock" would have to travel further than it would in the stationary frame. But since it can't move faster than the max speed, the time must increase for the journey as time = distance/speed. The distance is bigger but the speed remains the same.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It's well known that I am from the future. Here in the future we have not yet invented time travel. I will let you know asap when we do.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.