Thread: ff chronicles/anthologies broken on ps2 or 3?

Default ff chronicles/anthologies broken on ps2 or 3?

I read something a couple years ago about some game breaking bug with one of these collections on the PS2 or 3. I can't recall the particulars and I can't find any info on it now. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so can you clarify what the problem is?

Thank you.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All I recall actually seeing was the save screen for FFV occasionally filling itself with graphical glitches, but backing out and re-entering the screen a few times generally fixed it. Other than that, I've played each of those games on the PS2 and CT on the PS3 and never saw, or even heard of, any other glitches.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've had issues with backwards compatibility on the PS3, it really wasn't designed well for it I'm afraid (which is probably why the feature keeps getting reduced and removed from new models).

I was playing BoFIV last night and was having some pretty weird loading issues and eventually just had to shut it down and start again on my PS2.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I've had issues with backwards compatibility on the PS3, it really wasn't designed well for it I'm afraid (which is probably why the feature keeps getting reduced and removed from new models).

I was playing BoFIV last night and was having some pretty weird loading issues and eventually just had to shut it down and start again on my PS2.
    Is yours a launch model or one after those that had PS2 compatibility yanked? Because the PSX compatability is all software based as far as I know so it may have something to do with it. The launch models had the PS2 chipset built in which might be why I've never had an issue that I can think of in any PSX game I've played on it, assuming it uses the PS2 hardware to run them. If not then I'm way out in left field.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I have one of the original PS3 models with hardware emulation and FF Origins always crashes on me at a certain point in FF2. Which is unfortunate because now I will probably never finish it

Articles
    Blog Entries

well for PSOne games, there's no difference I believe between the launch and pre-removal models.

My gf played FFIV on on PS3 and the only problem was the water being weird... it's hard to explain but it would like flash every other step. Not a gamebreaker, she beat the game like that, but it is a little weird.

Also played FFV, no problems so far.

I played FFVI on my PSP, through my PS3 via Remote Play, and there was no real difference - still the same inconvenient load times from the original version

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    All I recall actually seeing was the save screen for FFV occasionally filling itself with graphical glitches, but backing out and re-entering the screen a few times generally fixed it.
    And I thought my disk was scratched...