The next Pirates of the Caribbean

YouTube - Jack Sparrow's Comic-Con Announcement

surprised no one has said anything!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

please stop making these movies

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    please stop making these movies
    without Keira Knightley or Orlando Bloom, I think this movie holds much promise

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Geoffrey Rush was the only good thing about the third Pirates of the Carribean movie, and it looks as though he'll be reprising his role as Barbossa. Also, Ian McShane will be playing Blackbeard.

The reason Pirates of the Carribean was so good while its sequel were lackluster was because Johnny Depp was such a surprise as Jack Sparrow. I always thought that this was largely due to the fact that the script was hardly written around him; he took the role and made it his own. In the sequels, the screenplay revolved around the character's popularity and concerned itself with setting up jokes for him. He was so funny in the first because the quirky, almost-creepy humor came out of left field. It wasn't nearly as funny when everything was an obvious build-up to it.

Hopefully the screenplay for the new movie creates large enough roles for both Rush and McShane that Depp can play off of them instead of having the whole movie revolving around him and falling on its face as a result.

The lack of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley is also an improvement.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got pretty sick of these after the first one, but I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. Also, it's always nice to see Johnny Depp in a movie that isn't by Tim Burton.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Surprisingly, I just found out about this earlier today. I'm over the Pirates movies, though. They need to be done with. I really liked Calypso, though.

Also - Disney must think that making films from rides is really profitable, because they're coming out with a goddamned Jungle Cruise movie.

Why do people dislike the PotC sequels? They were entertaining and funny. They kept the same atmosphere of the one's prior. All the fight choreography was well done stuff. Looking forward to the trailer for this one cause they're always epic!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought PotC 2 and 3 were still very good, but the first really was a classic that outdoes them.

Still, this is a god tier cast right here. It cannot be bad with Depp, Rush, and McShane involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Geoffrey Rush was the only good thing about the third Pirates of the Carribean movie, and it looks as though he'll be reprising his role as Barbossa. Also, Ian McShane will be playing Blackbeard.

The reason Pirates of the Carribean was so good while its sequel were lackluster was because Johnny Depp was such a surprise as Jack Sparrow. I always thought that this was largely due to the fact that the script was hardly written around him; he took the role and made it his own. In the sequels, the screenplay revolved around the character's popularity and concerned itself with setting up jokes for him. He was so funny in the first because the quirky, almost-creepy humor came out of left field. It wasn't nearly as funny when everything was an obvious build-up to it.

Hopefully the screenplay for the new movie creates large enough roles for both Rush and McShane that Depp can play off of them instead of having the whole movie revolving around him and falling on its face as a result.

The lack of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley is also an improvement.
    This.

No matter what I'll see it though.
    Peddler of Nonsense.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'mma see it.

Banned

I've never saw any of them.

I won't be seeing this one.

PotC three was the biggest let down, it was long, weird and boring. I loved 1 and 2 though they were fun
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I am hard pressed to think of anything less interesting.

Blog Entries

While I really enjoyed all the PotC movies currently out, I still feel three is enough, so unless the next movie is about Mr Gibbs then Im really not that interested.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I am hard pressed to think of anything less interesting.
    Twilight?