Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Marvel Vs. Capcom 3!

Pardon my nerd rage, but, NO CLASSIC MEGAMAN, NO BUY, MAN! It doesn't help the fact that Team God Tier is back... >.>
    Hisui & Kohaku: I play as them in Melty Blood.

They dropped Frank West? What happened there? Who'd they put in his place? And for some reason I hadn't even noticed Ken was gone. I thought I'd seen him, actually. Weird..

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Agent View Post
    Don't worry, there's always the possibility of DLC in the future. So it's possible to see some wanted characters through that. We may get to see Phoenix Wright and others!
    This is a Capcom fighting game we're talking about.

They'll just rerelease the game with a subtitle tacked on and a bunch of characters and stages added, instead of doing something as sensible as DLC.

I really want to buy this. Side-scrolling tag-team fighters were my favorite back in the day. I also love the idea of seeing Chris Redfield and Wolverine on the same screen.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mind if I correct you, but Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath are currently DLC characters.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

They're not really DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    That sounds like some money grubbing bull to me. DLC stands for down-loadable content, not disc locked content. DLC should be for things that the company could not get into the game by time of release.
    It easily could stand for disc locked content though.

As much as I hate the idea of making people pay later for something that's already finished and included on the disc though, I must say that that's a pretty nice looking special edition package. If I have the money at the time I may have to snag it.
    Please don't become a part of the problem. Now we might know that they really are already on the disc.

Capcom Hides DLC Characters On The Disc for Marvel Versus Capcom 3 | Spawn Kill | Video Game News & Reviews

Wonder who else will become DLC...
    Is that your final answer?

I would think the problem with actual downloadable content is if you want to fight someone with that character who hasn't downloaded that character. When the character is on the disk and just locked, then its available to see and fight at least. With alternate costumes or clone characters, you can just use the default layout for the original character on the other person's side and it won't change much for them. Otherwise they'd have to set up some sort of lock-out system on match set-ups. And since you probably pick your fighters after you've been set up against someone, that's gonna be pain. So I think disk locked content is the lesser evil in this case. But in general, I don't agree with it myself. DLC just seems like it'd be a hard boat to float with fighting games

Can't wait for this. Official release for the UK is friday but I'm hoping it'll be here by Wednesday

Like 80% of the playerbase Spider-Man and Deadpool are going to be in my team. No idea about the third (and I'm not even 100% on Deadpool) but I'll see how it goes since I like so many of the others equally. This decision would have been a lot easier though if they included Classic Megaman, Megaman X, Akira from Rival Schools or Ryu from Breath of Fire - a franchise I'm not entirely sure Capcom remembers existed.

I like it, it's fun.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Surprisningly, smurfing Whesker is one of my best characters. :P

My best team so far is Akuma, Whesker, and Taskmaster.

Deadpool's pretty damn sexy too though.

Just for those who played MvC2:

http://i.imgur.com/OHyWV.jpg

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I would think the problem with actual downloadable content is if you want to fight someone with that character who hasn't downloaded that character. When the character is on the disk and just locked, then its available to see and fight at least. With alternate costumes or clone characters, you can just use the default layout for the original character on the other person's side and it won't change much for them. Otherwise they'd have to set up some sort of lock-out system on match set-ups. And since you probably pick your fighters after you've been set up against someone, that's gonna be pain. So I think disk locked content is the lesser evil in this case. But in general, I don't agree with it myself. DLC just seems like it'd be a hard boat to float with fighting games
    Most video game companies handle the above scenario by releasing a free, mandatory patch that updates the video game with the minimum amount of data required to support viewing the locked features.

I purchased the game yesterday and I decided on my team. I am not used to playing a Marvel vs. Capcom game, so I worry that there will be a severe learning curb since I come from the Street Fighter Alpha series.
    I believe in the power of humanity.