Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF8 similarities

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Cid and Seifer, for example, are completely different. As are Edea and Anima.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Anima and Edea...are you serious?
    One is a 'god' like machine who used to communicate with cocoon (i think), and the other is caring woman who looks after children and has magic powars...what

Some of the similarities I mentioned have huge differences.But they also have a lot in common.The similarities are significant enough.

The following are the best similarities:

Ark->Garden
    Serah->Ellone
    Polumpolum->Balamb
    Fang->Rinoa

etc...
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Fang has nothing to do with Rinoa, they don't even look similar (the hair color and the GENERAL color of their outfits is about it). Garden is a school, Ark is an obstacle course, Serah and Ellone have NOTHING in common, and Palompolum and Balamb have even less in common. *smack smack smack*

Future Esthar your threads make me facepalm so much. Some of those comparisons are seriously stupid.

You canīt see the similarities but they are there.

By the way:
    Garden=Centra ruins scattered around the world turned to military facility where people are trained to become stronger.
    Looks pretty much like the Ark to me.
    In this sence the Ark is also a "school"

Serah and Ellone are different and have different roles.
    But both represent the typical FF girl which are young and special and are hunted by the government and friends alike.
    They are the equivalent of Aeris of FF7.

Polumpolumīs layout at the begginin looks like the layout of Balamb.Punto.
    Not relevant anyway.

Follow my logic:

Rinoa possessed by Ultimecia breaks the seal of Adelīs tomb releasing Adel.

(SPOILER)Fang sent by the FalīCie turns into Ragnarok and is to damage Cocoonīs shell releasing Orphan.
    <--- -Whoa, you HAVE to put a spoiler tag on that end of the game stuff, FE. Please don't make me edit your post again. ~ Rye

Therefore the physical similarity is not a coincidence.

My definition of similarity is->A reference of a game on another.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

I dont think its much of a comparison to 8...more like 10 if you ask me, probably how the plot is in general "(SPOILER)Lets take down the government, yet in the end we end up taking down something much bigger than imagined". That ends up being almost every game though.

One thing that really makes me think it is how much Seymour and Barthandalous(sp?) have in common..

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    (SPOILER)Fang sent by the FalīCie turns into Ragnarok and is to damage Cocoonīs shell releasing Orphan.
    <--- -Whoa, you HAVE to put a spoiler tag on that end of the game stuff, FE. Please don't make me edit your post again. ~ Rye

DUDE! SPOILERS! TAKE THE BIG ICON THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS --> AND PUT IT AROUND ANYTHING THAT CAN BE A POTENTIAL SPOILER. ITS NOT HARD.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Sorry.I think on every FF there is a time limit for the prohibition of spoiling.
    Since by now I saw most of the members finished the game I wondered if this limit is reached.

(SPOILER)Cid is a līcie <--- Please use spoiler tags, FE. Please don't make me edit your post again. ~ Rye
    like our characters and he ended up working for the enemy.
    Seifer equally starts working with us but ended against us.
    Both characters have a "romantic" dream also.At the prision Seifer considered himself to be the good guy fighting "evil" Squall.
    More on this will be shown when I reveal the identity of Disley.

EDITED:

Anima represents Edea but only after the revelation of Disley can this be totally shown to you.
    Our characters were to fight Edea but ended in a bad situation.
    The atmosphere is similar to the end of the battle with Anima.
    A flashback is seen thereafter in both situations.
    Edea is a sorceress from Centra.
    Anima is a FalīCie from Pulse.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 04-23-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    Sorry.I think on every FF there is a time limit for the prohibition of spoiling.
    Since by now I saw most of the members finished the game I wondered if this limit is reached.
    Err, no. It's common courtesy. If you're going to flood the forums with these half-assed theories, at least be considerate. Point-in-case: I still use spoiler tags when I talk about Final Fantasy VI, kay?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Put all end game revelations behind a spoiler tag, everyone, please. The time limit is after a few years, not a few weeks. Many people are still playing and beginning this game. It's a common courtesy. Thank you.