Vegnagun would get scared and run away though

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You tell that bitch to stand there and fire!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post

The final battle isn't half the game.
    Don't you see a giant hole at one point where it has dug through? Doesn't that means it's working?

Anyway, I can see what Nercy means by Yevon wanting to keep control, but this is 1000 years later. You'd think that when Sin first came to be, the Bevelle military or whatever would think "Ok let's work on this super powerful machine to try and combat it." It's not like they would have thought they were being punished for using machines straight away - or at least for the first 100 years.

I always thought them saying that it was too super powerful to use against Sin was a lame plot excuse to have a really powerful ending boss.

Banned

Don't you see a giant hole at one point where it has dug through? Doesn't that means it's working?
    Yeah, from when Shuyin decided to move it to the Farplane right before YRP chased after him for the final battle.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Vegnagun was moved to the farplane either after the end of chapter 2 or 3

right before YRP chased after him for the final battle.
    Erm, I'm pretty sure there was a chapter or two between that.

Vegnigun is the love th! Mae child of Sin and Penence
    "Its a boy!! Mazultaf!!"

Well nobody thought to use Vegnagun because I doubt that Yevon even knew about it. Besides, if they did use Vegagun, there would be no FFX or X-2. There's really no point asking "why didn't they do this instead of that?" because the logical solution isn't what the writers wanted to happen and it wouldn't make for an interesting story. There are tons of things that people could have been done differently in FFX and other FF games, but its the character's struggles that make the game more interesting. It's that simple.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Because it would've destroyed the whole smurfing planet along with Sin.
    I dunno...he was a bit of a wimp when I faced him in X-2. I don't think he was so tough.
    Yuna & Rikku were already maxxed sphere grid strong at the start of that game. :P
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

Vegnagun was a machine, theres no reason it couldnt be powered down, and even if it couldnt beat sin when powered down it should have atleast been able to fight sin and stave it away from villages.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

The whole concept is ridiculous. Do what any sane person would do and deny FFX-2 ever happened.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    Well nobody thought to use Vegnagun because I doubt that Yevon even knew about it. Besides, if they did use Vegagun, there would be no FFX or X-2. There's really no point asking "why didn't they do this instead of that?" because the logical solution isn't what the writers wanted to happen and it wouldn't make for an interesting story. There are tons of things that people could have been done differently in FFX and other FF games, but its the character's struggles that make the game more interesting. It's that simple.
    They did know about it, which it why they came up with that lame excuse of why they didn't use it against Sin.
    You can't apply that to every FF though, because this is a sequel. It's the lack of any mention or use of such a "powerful" machine in FFX that's stupid. Which is why it was so obviously a crappy rushed boss.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

It could've also been a forbidden machina. Yevon wanted to perpetuate the cycle of death so they wouldn't let anyone use it, right?
    jkhkjg

Why didn't Auron just tell Yuna and everyone else Yevon was a sham and the Final Summoning didn't work? Why did he nearly get them all killed? Auron's the real hero of FFX and if he merely said "the Final Summoning doesn't work" Tidus' necessity to the plot vanishes completely.

Oh dear, what's that? A logic flaw in a storyline? perish the thought.

Also people don't seem to remember Vegnagun is almost an AI. it can run on its own to a extent. They didn't want to risk using a weapon that can almost think for itself.

Blog Entries

How are they going to turn Vegnagun on when they can't even get close to it? It turns on when someone shows aggression, maybe that's why Yevon is always so calm and never want a machine to activate.

Anyways I agree when someone said its just the way the story goes. You can think about your past and say "I should have done this" but you can't so get on with it.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.