Thread: A New Challenger Approaches!

Default A New Challenger Approaches!

I grabbed the Ultimate Collection (basically everything released so far, to my understanding) today and am installing now. I figured with FFXIV coming up, they'll pretty much stop releasing new storylines for this game, so I may as well grab it now so I don't have to worry about waiting for too many new storylines later on.

Any tips or suggestions? I can't decide on race. I kinda want to be a Mithra since I like being fast, but I'm neither female nor a cat-person, so I may just be boring old hume. D:

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Stat differences for races are typically overrated. Skill and gear are more deciding factors than race by end game. Some of the best PLDs I've ever met are tarutaru and some of the best mages were galka. Choose whichever you like best.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think taru are the best because they are the cutest. Pick which one you think looks the best.

Ouch is right that the race stats aren't the most important thing, but I think he's lying about the great mage Galka that he 'knows'. Give me a name!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Went with hume warrior. Ho hum.

Met up with some guy, he bought me a knife and helped me level up. It was pretty awesome.

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

Yeah... I really wish I can come back to FFXI.. everyone there is really nice and generous... n.n

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I think taru are the best because they are the cutest. Pick which one you think looks the best.

Ouch is right that the race stats aren't the most important thing, but I think he's lying about the great mage Galka that he 'knows'. Give me a name!
    I knew a galka named Blutig on Midgard, he was the best WHM I've ever known. He quit a couple of years ago, though.

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Be whatever looks coolest to you.
    jkhkjg