Thread: NFL Draft

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default NFL Draft

I didn't watch it, but just looked up the results of the first round. Some interesting developments. My first thoughts:

1. Tim Tebow was drafted. Really? And according to what I read, the Broncos traded-up for that pick? Wow.

2. Jimmy Clausen wasn't drafted. I lol'd.

3. The Bills drafted an RB early, the one position in their entire roster they were actually half-decent at already.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    1. Tim Tebow was drafted. Really? And according to what I read, the Broncos traded-up for that pick? Wow.

3. The Bills drafted an RB early, the one position in their entire roster they were actually half-decent at already.
    I thought they went down. They got two third rounders from the Eagles in exchange for the 15, so that put their stock down to 24. They traded with the Cowboys, so that dropped them even further to 25 (as though this is somehow a disparaging statement as opposed to "they ran out of time"). The 49ers got the Broncos original 11 (I think).

EDIT: I totally missed their 22 from the Pats.

Pro version of a triple option?

Whatever. Taylor Mays and Bruce Campbell are still on the board. wtb 2nd Round Eagles draft picks. Not that it matters, we're going 2-4 in the division. That's how much we suck right now. We'll beat the Giants, lose to the Cowboys with their Dez Bryant pick, and lose to the Redskins because of McNabb. Go us.

McDaniels is a complete smurfing retard and I hope he gets fired after Tebow completely fails to do anything important with the Broncos.

I am glad that Suh got picked. I enjoyed watching him in college because he was a pretty dominating player. He should do the Lions defense some good, but probably not enough to where they'll have a winning record anytime soon.
    Last edited by Bunny; 04-23-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Tav
    I thought they went down. They got two third rounders from the Eagles in exchange for the 15, so that put their stock down to 24. They traded with the Cowboys, so that dropped them even further to 25 (as though this is somehow a disparaging statement as opposed to "they ran out of time"). The 49ers got the Broncos original 11 (I think).
    That's probably all true; I did not watch the whole thing and just noticed the Broncos gave up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick for the pick they took Tebow with. Regardless of trading up, down, or sideways, that's WAY too much.

Whatever. Taylor Mays and Bruce Campbell are still on the board. wtb 2nd Round Eagles draft picks. Not that it matters, we're going 2-4 in the division. That's how much we suck right now. We'll beat the Giants, lose to the Cowboys with their Dez Bryant pick, and lose to the Redskins because of McNabb. Go us.
    Yeah the Eagles are in pretty bad shape. It's not so bad, though, 'cause with Andy Reid (aka Mr. Clock Management) at the helm you guys weren't going to win a Super Bowl now anyway.

Still waitong to see who gets Jimmy & Golden.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Jimmy Clausen was finally drafted 48th overall by Carolina, which is understandable with Matt Moore as their starting QB.

Yep, to be honest it's a great team for him. Not so good that they already have an outstanding QB and Jimmy won't get a sniff and not so poor that no matter how good you are you can't soar in a team fulla turkeys.

Tate went to the Seahawks, again a decent draft.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Yeah the Eagles are in pretty bad shape. It's not so bad, though, 'cause with Andy Reid (aka Mr. Clock Management) at the helm you guys weren't going to win a Super Bowl now anyway.
    People can say what they want about Andy Reid, but it is a fact that the man is a genius. I know that intelligence and ingenuity are very subjective topics, but this is just plain true.

Unfortunately, his genius has yet to catch up with the rest of us.