Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love interests in general

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Question Love interests in general

Okay there's one all about Cloud's main love interest, but what about everyone else?

Fans and them lot all like creating pairing and all that. A lot are pretty hot on the Yuffie x Vince, which is kind of weird considering the ages right? She's what, 14 in FFVII when Vincent's 50 odd? There abouts.

I honestly once upon a time thought Marlene was Barret and Aerith's daughter mainly because I hadn't played FFVII, and she was all "someone I loved went to the lifestream too" *incorrect quote* so for some reason add two and two together to get 5. Odd.

I think any Nanaki pairings are pretty. . .er. . .wrong. Inc. Cait Sith.

Rude and Tifa? XD unlikely and a little one sided. I think that's called rape.

REGARDLESS! Let's discuss pairings even the oddest of the oddlies. If you really want to do some yaoi/yuri then okies but spoiler it because some people get offended by that kind of thing. Apparently and try to be original, (SPOILER)Reno and Rufus is boring. (SPOILER)Tseng and Don Corneo might be pretty weird but it's slightly amusing.

I am not a man

I started to think that YuffieXReeve would be a good pair up. Both are weird and a little towards the outskirts of the group. She works for him now and they both get ignored quite a bit. Plus i recon that her poncho outfit is the remains of cait siths mog

I must say I was intregued by Yuffie and Vincent at one point, but meh, he's not right for her. (oh and FYI she is 16 in VII, 18 in AC and 19 in DOC)

Aeris and Tseng, was another one I sort of liked. But i'd rather see him hook up with Elena.

Reno and Rude....obviously

Lucrecia and Hojo, she went there and thats the only cool thing about her.

My friend always wanted Barret and Tifa to hook up.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Vincent's age is 29; he didn't age during the thirty years he spent in hibernation.

As for pairings, any permutation involving Cloud, Cid, or Vincent is good.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the reason people support the Vincent/Yuffie paring is because they're both optional, and therefore have a link that way - a silly reason in my opinion.

I actually think Zack/Aeris still works in a way - I think the game was kinda trying to imply that the relationship is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Vincent's age is 29; he didn't age during the thirty years he spent in hibernation.

As for pairings, any permutation involving Cloud, Cid, or Vincent is good.

27 not 29 isn't it?
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post

27 not 29 isn't it?
    I'm pretty sure the manual says "27".

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Right. He'd be 29 in Advent Children.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I think the reason people support the Vincent/Yuffie paring is because they're both optional, and therefore have a link that way - a silly reason in my opinion.
    Square did make them co-stars in Dirge of Cerberus, but only for the same silly reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Right. He'd be 29 in Advent Children.
    Yeah but he doesn't age physically does he? so he's actually 59 in AC and 60 in DOC, but is still physically the same as he was at 27 and he will stay that way for as long as he is alive? at least that was my understanding
    Remember that well.

..Okay this just started because I got her age a little wrong. . .

MOVE ON PEOPLE XD back to pairings please?

I still say LucreciaxHojo is sickening..

I am not a man

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Yeah but he doesn't age physically does he?
    Indeed. Because of his monster cells he doesn't age physically. Like characters who have JENOVA cells. Of course if they have JENOVA cells from the beginning of their life they become adults, but then they stop to age. Comparable to Sayans.

Not that it would matter because for most characters JENOVA cells are more disadvantage.

But Vincent's monster cells and the Chaos gen are not JENOVA cells, of course.

I think Reno and Yuffie can make a good couple. And perhaps Reeve and Aeris' mum (Elmyra or whatever shes called). I think Reeve and Tifa might work out.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Elmyra and Reeve? she way to old for him, Surely!!
    I kinda like Elmyra and Barret, only cos of Marlene tho, But again I figure she must be older than Barret too.

Why is LucreciaXHojo sickening? they are both pretty twisted individuals, just cos shes pretty and he's not...thats shallow.

I like Cid and Shera, cos under all that resentment is a lot of love
    Remember that well.

[QUOTE=PeneloRatsbane;2837065Why is LucreciaXHojo sickening? they are both pretty twisted individuals, just cos shes pretty and he's not...thats shallow.[/QUOTE]

When the hell'd I say that?!?!

I said I found it sickening because he's a bleddy pervey man who's into his experiments more than anything else. Plus Lucrecia was so blind to go with the creepy scientist not the sexy turk (ohmigosh I'm being shallow again because I think she should be with a sexy turk. FYI I know he has other traits). I mean, Hojo wouldn't even let her see her own son ffs, so yeah. . .I do think it's pretty wrong.

W/e. Moving on. Another pairing; Tifa and Johnny? XD

I am not a man

[QUOTE=BarelySeeAtAll;2837092]
    Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane;2837065Why is LucreciaXHojo sickening? they are both pretty twisted individuals, just cos shes pretty and he's not...thats shallow.[/QUOTE

When the hell'd I say that?!?!

I said I found it sickening because he's a bleddy pervey man who's into his experiments more than anything else. Plus Lucrecia was so blind to go with the creepy scientist not the sexy turk (ohmigosh I'm being shallow again because I think she should be with a sexy turk. FYI I know he has other traits). I mean, Hojo wouldn't even let her see her own son ffs, so yeah. . .I do think it's pretty wrong.

W/e. Moving on. Another pairing; Tifa and Johnny? XD
    Oh uh umm sorry *blush* I misunderstood clearly, I thought you meant on a asthetic basis and my comment was in jest.
    I guess i like that their relationship is messed up, she made a mistake in going along with the experiments. Thats the tragedy and without that then the story wouldn't be as rich. If Lucrecia chose Vincent there would be no Sephiroth, no story. She also really didn't seem that into Vincent. Her relationship with Hojo was surprising to me and I liked that change of pace, even though its dark and twisted what they did destroys Lucrecia, it was still her choice.

maybe cool your jets. Your reply came across as a little aggressive and as we are only discussing very trivial matters it seemed a bit over the top.

But Kudos for an interesting topic and yeah, I always liked Johnny and I enjoyed his infatuation with Tifa
    Last edited by PeneloRatsbane; 04-24-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Here's something I've always wondered; You know that letter you can read at Tifa's house (the one where the writer decides to "stop before it becomes a love letter")? Is that from Johnny? I think it said something about him going to Midgar, and Johnny obviously lived in Nibelheim at some point, based on his lines in the game...