View Poll Results: Favourite class to use?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • COM (Commando)

16 57.14%
  • RAV (Ravager)

5 17.86%
  • SEN (Sentinel)

0 0%
  • SYN (Synergist)

3 10.71%
  • SAB (Saboteur)

2 7.14%
  • MED (Medic)

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A poll asking what role you like to control.

Blog Entries

Default A poll asking what role you like to control.

*rhyme*

I think COM is a probably the easiest on yourself. If you've got SYN and SAB or two RAVs going, most battles are a breeze. But sometimes (like when Fang intially joins the party) I don't mind using RAV. It's also pretty straightforward. The only deviation from magic-spam might be when you've got something launched and you go for a shorter ATB charge to keep them in the air.

And you guys? I'd be interested to hear if someone prefers to make the party leader the only MED or even if they use them in a SYN or SAB role. SEN would be quite boring, I imagine.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I like to control COM the best, as I really like to see them ripping it up. And it looks really cool when an -aga spell lands when you are mixing things up right in the middle of everything.

As for usefulness, definitely MED, SAB or SYN. But that isn't any fun.

COM FTW! It is really easy and fun to control. Plus my favorite party leader is Lightning! Shes a great COM yo.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I wish I voted Saboteur. Now I feel like a communist.
    jkhkjg

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A like using Lightning because her RAV/COM/MED split is perfect, the ability to choose how I want to heal my party is ideal as sometimes hope decides me being stopped is fine, but me being at 50% health isn't >.>, however most of the times I get to use RAV/COM roles which don't require intense focus into what my specific character is doing (see SEN) and I get to patrol the flow of the battle. Also, Army of One kicks serious ass.

I enjoyed buffing, so syn

Ravager,Syn,Medic and Sentinel are useful but Com is the most funny specially when the enemy is staggered.
    It is also funny to see a Ravager working.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

SAB. It seems to me to be the most useful to directly control.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Commando is probably the best to have on auto, but I just like to smash things. I don't usually play defense.

Commando. I like going in for a full-on attack most of the time. Though Ravager is a close second, followed by Medic, then Sentinel. I rarely use Synergist or Saboteur on myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Coms and Ravs can act well on their own, IMO. Not to mention Sentinels. Saboteurs/Jammers are fine, so not them either. The Medic AI is a disaster, but it's kinda boring to control them. I'd go for Synergist, since you can quickly choose yourself which buffs to put on.

I thought that controlling a Medic would be a good idea, but with a single medic, I found that I had no control over what enemy the others were going after, which is important in many boss and mark battles. I switched my leader to Lightning, who is usually a Ravager, as the Commandos seem to be targeted more often. In short, I control the Ravager.

The AI was always really competent at buffing/debuffing for me, so COM was probably my favourite to control.

Every class seems to act better under my control, though to differing degress. Commando and Ravager yield more efficient attack use (stop casting spells when my Magic is less than half my Strength and the enemy doesn't have weaknesses/resistances!). Saboteur, Synergist, and Medic yield more useful buffs/debuffs. And Sentinel avoids the useless overspam of abilities.

So, most fun to play? Com and Rav. Sab and Syn are too slow and boring. Med is too reactionary. And Sen is probably the least fun to play, since it never seems to be doing anything.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Agreed completely Skyblade.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D