Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was your favorite party?

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Squall-Zell-Quistis..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Rinoa, Squall, Zell. Squall Renz's, Zell Armageddon Fists, and Rinoa makes my party invincible because I never taught her anything else. Game broken =P

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Rinoa, Squall, Zell. Squall Renz's, Zell Armageddon Fists, and Rinoa makes my party invincible because I never taught her anything else. Game broken =P
    Ditto. Though sometimes I switch out Rinoa and put in Irvine instead, cause he can deal some serious damage. Zell has the strongest limit break if you can handle it (and have the patience), and Squall.......

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Rinoa was pretty unreplacable for me considering she'd keep my 34HP'd characters invincible.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Squall, Zell, and Quistis.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Selphie Selphie and Selphie!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Squall, Zell, and Selphie! I liked having Quistis and Irvine too. And Rinoa. Gosh this is hard xD

The only thing setting characters apart, once you're torn the Junction system a new asshole, is their limit breaks, so I'm gonna say "Any party that doesn't include Selphie", as she, sadly, isn't particularly useful. Normally for the final battle I have her with Cactuar, Kamikaze and maxed Strength, then as soon as she shows up, boom. Next character please.

Squall, Zell and Quistis usually become my main party. Once there are enough GFs to go around, Irvine and Rinoa are setup to optimise strength and magic respectively; Rinoa will have Meteor as the only offensive spell in her inventory, and a crapload of defensive ones for everything else. Angel Wing + Meteor = Win.

Irvine just needs the Item command so he can toss an Aura Stone at himself (or just let someone else cast it on him) and I have him use his Limit.

Squall, Zell and Quistis are the only characters I give flexibility towards the end of the game for some reason.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Selphie's limit is wonderful in the beginning when your magic supply is very limited, but by the time you have everyone it's better to get someone who can really tear up those bosses.

Blog Entries

^

Yeah, Selphie's Limit is great for Full-Cure when not everyone in the party has a HP-J yet. You can't beat Diablos early game without her , I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    ^

Yeah, Selphie's Limit is great for Full-Cure when not everyone in the party has a HP-J yet. You can't beat Diablos early game without her , I'd say.
    Blind. You are invincible if you cast Blind. His spells cannot kill you so once he casts Gravija he is essentially a sitting duck. Gotta admit though, putting Auto Duel and Auto Gunblade on is amusing as it means Selphie has more time to look for "Meteor 3 times" in that fight
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 05-14-2010 at 02:44 PM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I beat the game without using a single limit break, how do I use them?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I beat the game without using a single limit break, how do I use them?
    Are you serious? Wow! Just get a char to < 1/3 of their max HP and then keep refreshing (Circle-button, was it?) until you hear a cling-sound and see a small arrow pointing to the right, located right of the Attack command. Now simply hold the -> Button and select the Limit Break.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Are they any good, cause I would like to beat the last boss without having to spend 20 minutes hacking away...
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Squall's Limit: 4 and more hits, up to 8 with possible finishing move when you would usually only hit once. One finishing move (requires best sword, very unlikely) is the Lion Heart - 17 hits of about 3x damage.

Zell's Limit (greatest damage dealing potential, requires patience): capable of dealing 1.161.000 damage, especially with constant pressing of UP-DOWN and RIGHT-LEFT.

Irvine's Limit (quickest sure damage): choose your ammo (machine gun ammo is best one in endgame) and use R1-R1-R1 to fire away!

Rinoa's Limit: Angelo does one of the different Limit Breaks you've learned. The 2nd limit (CD3 and further) puts Rinoa into a Berserk-like status. She begins constantly casting random damaging magic from her stock, not wasting ANY charges. The spells have a massive damage boost.

Quistis' Limit: Blue Magic! Use specific items to make her learn more limits. One very nice limit break is the Degenerator, which instantly kills the enemy. Also, you can use a Lv 100 Siren Item Transformer to transform 100 thingies of death (forgot what it was) to get Dark Matter, which can learn Quistis her final limit break. It can also be transformed into Luck +1 or Luck Junctioning.

Selphie's Limit: Tombola. You can get such spells as 2x Ultima, 3x Aura and there are four special spells only available in the limit. 1.: Mega Vita, restores 100% HP to all. 2.: Wall, gives Protect and Shell to all (possibly some other buffs too). 3.: Floataga (?), removes all enemies from the game. 4.: The End..., kills all enemies if they aren't zombies, works against anything (but undeads) even Omega Weapon.