Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Boku no Pico.
    What is it about? details!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I suppose I could.

I would have to say, that at its core, this is a touching love story of a young boy who is trying to find his way through life. He's not sure what to do all the time; not that people can't relate, have people not been confused before? By the end of it, he's an experienced, spectacular paradigm of awesome, him and his partner(s). You can see the real change in the characters, they grow and develop. If I had to stuff a genre on it, it'd be like a romance/slice of life. It's not intentionally funny, but it might make you laugh and cry. Even both at the same time. Truly, this is an experience that leaves an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    I suppose I could.

I would have to say, that at its core, this is a touching love story of a young boy who is trying to find his way through life. He's not sure what to do all the time; not that people can't relate, have people not been confused before? By the end of it, he's an experienced, spectacular paradigm of awesome, him and his partner(s). You can see the real change in the characters, they grow and develop. If I had to stuff a genre on it, it'd be like a romance/slice of life. It's not intentionally funny, but it might make you laugh and cry. Even both at the same time. Truly, this is an experience that leaves an impact.
    Holy crap, I'm going to definitely take a look at this, it sounds exactly like the anime I love.

Uhhhh, I just looked for it and yeah I'm not into "that" kind of anime. O_0

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Protip: you don't know what I've seen, and it's certainly more than you have.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    RahXephon
    Evangelion

Collect all of the silver coins from each track and win Pick two, then come back and see me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taquadris View Post
    Uhhhh, I just looked for it and yeah I'm not into "that" kind of anime. O_0
    What kinda anime is it? Or do I have to see it myself to understand?
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    What kinda anime is it? Or do I have to see it myself to understand?
    Yes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    I really loved anime until I was out of high school for a few years, started watching old cartoons/animated films from when I was a kid that I hadn't seen in years, and realized how terrible and absolute garbage 99% of all the anime I'd spent hours watching and spent thousands of dollars on was, in comparison. Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of anime series I've seen that I can recall that could pass as good in my book, but most of it is unwatchable three frame per second six color incoherently scripted crap to me now.
    Yeah same reason I stopped watching anime. The pacing is horrible and the art and animation just suck 99% of the time (it's actually the oldschool shows from the 80s that are the most impressive when it comes to animation). Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is probably one of the few animes I've ever seen that animate the mouths, though it's just during certain scenes. So I just stick to manga.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Elfen Lied, its well dark but has its funny moments my kinda anime and the fact it has a sort of twist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rianoa View Post
    Elfen Lied, its well dark but has its funny moments my kinda anime and the fact it has a sort of twist.
    YES! It's one of the few I'd consider a good show, even if it is ridiculous with the blood at many parts.

Elfen Lied was good. They need a second season.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Code Geass is one of the best animes I've ever seen. Visually it is very nice, but the story and the plot twists will blow your mind.

For those who like the classics, then I suggest wolfs Rain. TBH, its been so long that I dont really remember it, but I do remember loving every minute of it.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Interstella 5555 is the best darn anime I've ever seen! And it's not even a proper anime!

Aside from that we have Studio Ghibli and... I'm out.

I like a fair few mangas, but their anime adaptations are puss-spewing festering piles of garbage.
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Interstella 5555 is the best darn anime I've ever seen! And it's not even a proper anime!

Aside from that we have Studio Ghibli and... I'm out.

I like a fair few mangas, but their anime adaptations are puss-spewing festering piles of garbage.
    Like what?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    If we're actually counting it...yes, Insterstella 5555 is the best anime movie ever.

I've always thought of it more as a full-album music video though.