Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just how DID Shera survive the rocket launch?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Cid and his rocket crew were fanatically devoted to it, and had a lot of time on their hands. They kept the mechanisms in extremely good condition, always hoping for approval. This is explained in game. Their crew has been waiting for launch since that day, all set and ready to go.
    Well, they're living in Rocket Town, on the top of that continent, cut off by mountains from, what towns? Nibelheim? Miles away from the Gold Saucer? Yeah, they really do got nothing better to do anyway than to wait around for someone to secure their rocket dreams.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Cid and his rocket crew were fanatically devoted to it, and had a lot of time on their hands. They kept the mechanisms in extremely good condition, always hoping for approval. This is explained in game. Their crew has been waiting for launch since that day, all set and ready to go.
    Well, they're living in Rocket Town, on the top of that continent, cut off by mountains from, what towns? Nibelheim? Miles away from the Gold Saucer? Yeah, they really do got nothing better to do anyway than to wait around for someone to secure their rocket dreams.
    That isn't true, they have the flying Tiny Bronco till Cloud n co steal it.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Cid and co. maintain the rocket, as already mentioned.

I think Skyblade has it right with how Shera survived too. I never really pieced it together, the rocket taking off meant that the engines had started somewhat.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Default Totally missing the point everyone!

So accepting the fact that Shera did for some reason survive the startup, which is not that problematic in my humble opinion, since there are more then one phase during startup of a rocket blah blah... (and how can a fuel tank explode anyway, there is no fire or spark in it unless there is a serious design flaw there ^^)
    But my question is: How the hell did she survive the actual start of the rocket later in the game? She was apparently in a room next to the fuel tanks, wouldn't she get fried this time?
    Also - if everyone kept the rocket ready to go and Shinra lost all interest - what kept them from just firing up the damn thing in all those years?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Let's not be reviving threads from 6 years ago! If you want to discuss this, make a new thread.