Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just how DID Shera survive the rocket launch?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Just how DID Shera survive the rocket launch?

We all know Cid canceled the take off, because Shera was in an engine room (or whatever that place was), and she would have died if he hadn't, but during the flashback the rocket still takes off for about a second, and then it lands back down.

But if it took off, then surley the engines had already ignighted, so how the hell did Shera survive? Surley Cid was already too late...

She's a survivor! She survived Geo Stigma as well.
    but TBH I have no Idea about how she avoided getting fried
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Maybe she was only in the second stage engine room. Rocket shuttles break appart or something dont they? Im not sure.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Maybe she was only in the second stage engine room. Rocket shuttles break appart or something dont they? Im not sure.
    I think you're right, but the sheer amount of heat would have still reached her. And even before take off, the engines would have been pretty hot, so if Cid cancelled ot a bit earlier, she still should have died.

But, I reckon Shera died and became a ghost with some unfinished business, which is to get Cid into space safely. That's the reason why she doesn't leave the abusive Cid and, in her honour, Cid named his new airship after her.

...I'm just kidding. I don't think we'll ever know why or how she survived.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Magic.

I am not a man

Blog Entries

She equiped the Fire ring
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A wizard did it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    A wizard did it.
    Confused matthew fan?

She was not in the engine room. She was checking the oxygen tanks. Fuel room, not engine room. The engine room and combustion chamber are probably lower down in the rocket, in an area inaccessible to us in the game. Heat would have taken some time to reach that high, and would only have been a danger during the continual firing associated with liftoff, where the heat would build up in unprotected areas that weren't meant to house the crew during engine firing.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, that's a fair point. If heat built up that quickly in the oxygen tanks then the rocket would be screwed.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Well basic survival over inescapable situations should be a breeze when your a professional tea maker for cid: amIryt???

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    She equiped the Fire ring
    This^

She still had a few HP left. She's a higher level than you think!
    jkhkjg

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    She was not in the engine room. She was checking the oxygen tanks. Fuel room, not engine room. The engine room and combustion chamber are probably lower down in the rocket, in an area inaccessible to us in the game. Heat would have taken some time to reach that high, and would only have been a danger during the continual firing associated with liftoff, where the heat would build up in unprotected areas that weren't meant to house the crew during engine firing.
    This explains it.

But why is Cid ting his pants about it then? Am I wrong..or does he get all "oh nooooooo get outta there you goddamn waste of woman!" ?

Guess there wasn't a handy EoFF person to cool his guns.

I am not a man

Better question: How did Shinra, in only a few weeks' notice, get an old rocket which had been decaying and leaning over for twenty years to take off successfully and be safe enough for passengers?

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    This explains it.

But why is Cid ting his pants about it then? Am I wrong..or does he get all "oh nooooooo get outta there you goddamn waste of woman!" ?

Guess there wasn't a handy EoFF person to cool his guns.
    Because had the rocket completed takeoff, the heat would have built up to a high enough level to cook her. It just would have taken longer than the two seconds of firing that happens before he shuts off the engines.

Better question: How did Shinra, in only a few weeks' notice, get an old rocket which had been decaying and leaning over for twenty years to take off successfully and be safe enough for passengers?
    Cid and his rocket crew were fanatically devoted to it, and had a lot of time on their hands. They kept the mechanisms in extremely good condition, always hoping for approval. This is explained in game. Their crew has been waiting for launch since that day, all set and ready to go.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.