Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent = Sephiroth's dad?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Vincent and Sephiroth don't look manly, what are you smoking?!
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Vincent and Sephiroth don't look manly, what are you smoking?!
    Okay, point taken, maybe that wasn't the best word to use. Er, they both look angry, and, uh, have wide-ish chests.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Okay: their physical attributes are more or less similar.

Job sorted. Other than obviously their hair, eyes and whatnot. Don't be picky.

I am not a man

Sephiroth's physique is a result of his SOLDIER training
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

So he was a stick beforehand. . .right.

I am not a man

Yeah I saw him he was a right weed in high school.
    But as he is designed as a SOLDIER and great warrior it makes sense for him to be buff.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Actually..o.e vincent IS like a stick isn't he?

I am coming round!

I am not a man

Interesting alternative theory, Clo. It seemed a bit harsh for Vincent to lock himself in a basement for that long, just because he couldn't convince Lucrecia not to procede with Hojo.... but he wasn't telling the whole story of his 'sin'... heh heh.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Actually you're not that far off the mark OP.

I think it was heavily alluded to in FFVII that Vincent thought that he was Sephiroth's father. On top of the Sister Ray in Midgar at the end of Disc 2, Vincent is legitimately surprised that Hojo is Sephiroth's father and says something like

"Hojo... the one who should have slept... was YOU!!"

Seems like this has been shot down in the "canon" as well as other theories, but that's the gist I get every time I go back and play it.

No way Vincent for all his moping and emoness is in fact underneath a very niave little lad who had the hots for a complicated mess of a woman. He blames Hojo for what happened to Lucrecia and over looks the fact that she played a huge part in her own undoing.
    If it were his kid he would have stopped them, I have no doubt about that, he had no reason to believe it was and so he had no right to intervene. But he wishes he had done in hindsight because it caused the downfall of his dear Lucrecia
    Remember that well.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    I used to think that as well, but when I played FFVII again properly(I was pretty young when I first played it), I realised that Hojo was Sephy's dad and not Vincent.

And is it just me, or does Lucrecia look just like Aeris in this pic?

I'm not say that there's a connection between the two, I'm just saying that they look so much alike.
    lots of nomura's character designs look alike . It's more like one of his flaws
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    I used to think that as well, but when I played FFVII again properly(I was pretty young when I first played it), I realised that Hojo was Sephy's dad and not Vincent.

And is it just me, or does Lucrecia look just like Aeris in this pic?

I'm not say that there's a connection between the two, I'm just saying that they look so much alike.
    lots of nomura's character designs look alike . It's more like one of his flaws
    lol to be fair I think aeris and Lucrecia were always going to look a like because of their hair. I'm just disapointed that they ditched Lucrecia's 80's style earings in DOC
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Well, their faces look exactly alike too, really. Maybe I had that Vincent looks a lot like Sephiroth vibe because Nomura stinks at differentiating between individuals in the same gender who are the same age.

I wondered at Lucrecia's mental health and eyesight when it was revealed she chose Hojo over Vincent. And there wasn't really an explanation for that choice until DoC came along so for those who had never played or watched a playthrough of DoC Lucrecia was probably viewed as an irrational character

Hoboy am I glad that none of Hojo's physical features were inherited by Sephiroth, including that screechy voice *tries imagining Sephiroth with Hojo's voice and brain implodes* Don't try this at home, kids.

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    aeris and Lucrecia were always going to look a like because of their hair
    This made me remember my bro once commented on the fact that Aerith's and Sephiroth's hair also look similar, though obviously the colour is off. . .

So, if Sephiroth's hair looks like Aerith's..Aerith's hair looks like Lucrecia's.....and Sephiroth is Lucrecia's son..... Breakthrough

I am not a man