Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent = Sephiroth's dad?

Blog Entries

Default Vincent = Sephiroth's dad?

I think the spin-offs have crushed this theory I developed when I was eight years old, haha, but I solidly believed it back then.

So, Vincent was in love with Lucrezia. She was with Hojo. Hojo experimented on her baby, yada yada yada. I used to think, what if Lucrezia and Vincent had an affair? And her baby was Vincent's, and not Hojo's?

Really, I was backed up by physical evidence. Looking at Nomura's pictures of the characters, Vincent and Sephiroth both had broad shoulders and looked manly, while Hojo... well...

Dude had a hunch back.

Anyway, how badly was my theory dashed by DoC and such? Or could this still be entertained as a possibility? I would still like to believe that Sephiroth is Vincent and Lucrezia's secret lovechild!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I used to think that as well, but when I played FFVII again properly(I was pretty young when I first played it), I realised that Hojo was Sephy's dad and not Vincent.

And is it just me, or does Lucrecia look just like Aeris in this pic?

I'm not say that there's a connection between the two, I'm just saying that they look so much alike.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I thought that about Lucrecia as well when I first saw her in DoC (after I recovered from the trauma of realising I had been pronouncing Lucrecia wrong since 1997).

But to address your topic, Clo. Had Vincent been Sephiroth's dad, it would've been a pretty big part of the story. It wouldn't have made sense for him to be an optional character in FFVII.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Would've been cool though. I can't fully explain how pissed I was when I found out Hojo was Sephiroth's father. Just didn't seem right at the time.

I just find it strange that they would make Vincent an optional character. I mean, I know he's not Sephirother's father or anything, but he was such n important character because of his link to Shinra, Hojo, Lucrecia and the Jenova project.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

I think if Vincent had any suspicion what so ever that the baby might be his then he would have stopped her.
    But it seems that he didn't actually get anywhere with Lucrecia, they had a picnic and he had feelings of love for her, but she seemed to have a slight attraction that was completely overpowered by her feelings of guilt about what happened to Grimoire. I don't think they ever even kissed let alone slept together.
    Not sure what Lucrecia and Hojo's relationship was, whether they were together or it was just for science but they seem pretty united on what they planned to do. Theres a bit in DOC where she runs into Hojo's arms in a kind of sexy way so I think it was slightly more complicated than just "In the name of Science". Hojo definately had some sort of power over Lucrecia, probably amplified by her self esteem issues and extreme guilt problem.
    Its Lucrecia and Hojo's baby, and I guess Sephiroth got his looks from his mummy's (Jenova and Lucrecia) and his Phsychotic personality from his daddy.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Hehe, DILF.

In all seriousness, it would explain the incredible hotness.

I am not a man

It's funny that the word "DILF" actually sounds more like an insult since it sounds so close to "dill."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    after I recovered from the trauma of realising I had been pronouncing Lucrecia wrong since 1997

But to address your topic, Clo. Had Vincent been Sephiroth's dad, it would've been a pretty big part of the story. It wouldn't have made sense for him to be an optional character in FFVII.
    Were you calling her "Looshrekia?" How can anyone pronounce her name wrong? "Lookreesha" isn't wrong as there are people out there with that name. "Air-ease" is wrong (my pronunciation for Aeris), but that has more to do with mistranlation and naïveté.

Yes, I believe I had the same conclusion about Vincent and Miss un-Lucky. Vincent and Sephiroth share a fair amount of traits including the ability to become monsters. Both have whacky dresstyles and long hair. And despite Hojo's claim to be Seph's father, I just took that to mean he was the father of a scientific breakthrough like "the father of modern science", "the father of evolutionary theory", "the father of modern medicine", blah etc.
    I really couldn't understand what kind of masochistic freak would fall for a demented narcissist like Hojo and let him chemically mutilate her and her unborn child. Lucrecia really does deserve whatever punishment people can imagine for her. Her own guilt isn't enough. She's too stupid to even be allowed a past or to be remembered by anyone.

It's revealed in the original game when you encounter Hojo in Midgar that he is Sephiroth's father. Lucrecia was artificially inseminated with his child as well as Jenova cells.
    Vincent was in love with Lucrecia but yeah, Hojo got in there first.

Ifalna and Professor Gast are Aerith's parents. Lucrecia resembles Aerith because they ran out of ideas for character models lol.
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI

I can't remember it saying that it was artificial insemination. The jenova bit was but I don't think they ever said the HojoXLucrecia bit was, unless i am mistaken.
    (Pictures under spoiler so i don't use up so much space)
    (SPOILER)

...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Groossss.

Anyway, I always thought, back in my youngin' days, that Hojo THOUGHT this, but Lucrezia was sneaky and sleepin' around behind his back.

Though, DoC does portray the Vincent and Lucrezia love as non-sexual. Vincent, you're so lame.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Vincent, you're so lame.

Can't help it if Lu can't help him get it up

I am not a man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    after I recovered from the trauma of realising I had been pronouncing Lucrecia wrong since 1997
    Were you calling her "Looshrekia?" How can anyone pronounce her name wrong? "Lookreesha" isn't wrong as there are people out there with that name.
    DoC pronounces it Loo-kret-see-ah. And I had been saying Loo-kree-see-ah.

edit...maybe not I just remembered something /forget this