Thread: ArsTechnica Masterpiece: FFVII

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default ArsTechnica Masterpiece: FFVII

Masterpiece: Final Fantasy VII

Just read a little article discussing about FFVII's impact on gaming. Not a lot of substance there, but a decent read nonetheless.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Masterpiece? Hm. At the time of when I first played it - yes. It changed my perception of how games could be experienced and has opened up a world of fanboyism to me. There are better JRPGs out there, but without FFVII, I would've never known.

Yeah FFVII did a lot for the franchise and JRPGs in general as it was the first ever one to be in 3D and have extreme commercial success. And it has undoubtedly left the greatest legacy of all the FF games. It was also made more widely available than any of the previous titles, thus building a stronger industry for all JRPG titles. This was my first ever FF title. (and maybe JRPG, I'm not too sure) It isn't one of my favourites, but it was quite good and I acknowledge how much it has done for all the other games. I'm not sure if it should be called a "masterpiece", but I definately would called groundbreaking and revolutionary.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.