Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Enemy? (possible spoilers)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Hardest Enemy? (possible spoilers)

Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game? Do you think Vercingetorix is tougher than the (Xiao) Long Guis?

Personally, I thought the Long Guis were the strongest enemies in the game. Vercingetorix was pretty simple. His only attack that could be a real threat was that Flame Tornado.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game? Do you think Vercingetorix is tougher than the (Xiao) Long Guis?

Personally, I thought the Long Guis were the strongest enemies in the game. Vercingetorix was pretty simple. His only attack that could be a real threat was that Flame Tornado.
    I'm about to fight V-torix after i just beat the last mission that's left. Any tips?

Gigantaur gave me trouble, as did the two raktivija's. But i havn't fought a long gui or v-torix yet so they'll both likley knock me around a bit

Gigantuar was the hardest enemy for me. He is the only one I couldn't kill during my playthrough, and once I finished the game I really had no desire to continue and go back to Pulse for round two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Gigantuar was the hardest enemy for me. He is the only one I couldn't kill during my playthrough, and once I finished the game I really had no desire to continue and go back to Pulse for round two.
    He must of handed me my ass a half dozen times. In the end it was a simple case of having three tanks attack like smurfin crazy. Maxed out Crystarium allows them to take 2-3 hits each, when you're one hit away from dying, summon, which heals you up and you can just about finish him before he kills you. Obviously maxed out weapons and strength enhancing accessories are a must

Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game?
    Shaolong Gui. The Long Guis can be brought down and rendered immobile while you stagger and attack them. The Shaolong Gui doesn't fall so can unleash Bay and Quake at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    I'm about to fight V-torix after i just beat the last mission that's left. Any tips?
    Recuperation - SYN/SYN/MED
    Countermeasure - SAB/SAB/SEN
    Combat Clinic - MED/MED/SEN
    Tortoise - SEN/SEN/SEN

Buff up, Poison Vercingetorix, stay in Tortoise. When he uses Impenetrable Aura refresh your buffs, heal, then ready a full bar of Poison for when he returns to attacking. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonyBard View Post
    Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game?
    Shaolong Gui. The Long Guis can be brought down and rendered immobile while you stagger and attack them. The Shaolong Gui doesn't fall so can unleash Bay and Quake at any point.

Recuperation - SYN/SYN/MED
    Countermeasure - SAB/SAB/SEN
    Combat Clinic - MED/MED/SEN
    Tortoise - SEN/SEN/SEN

Buff up, Poison Vercingetorix, stay in Tortoise. When he uses Impenetrable Aura refresh your buffs, heal, then ready a full bar of Poison for when he returns to attacking. Rinse and repeat.

He took me a second try and i scored a not so sexy 1 star but pfft, he was annoying as hell. Not in a hurry to go back and get that 5 star on him. Poisen FTW

He took me a second try and i scored a not so sexy 1 star but pfft, he was annoying as hell. Not in a hurry to go back and get that 5 star on him. Poisen FTW
    Equip the Gold Watch you received from that battle and try again with virgin weapons. You'll get five stars with no problems.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only enemy I recall being an obnoxious piss off were the Behemoth Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonyBard View Post
    Equip the Gold Watch you received from that battle and try again with virgin weapons. You'll get five stars with no problems.
    Actually, you make a very good point =) Poisen does all the work so i can just dump the worst weapons on everyone.

Long Gui's were next to hand me my arse. Need some Def boosting accessories i think

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Vercingetorix is far from easy, but Long Gui is obviously the strongest mob in the game.
    jkhkjg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

All the enemies are easy once you get the hang of exactly what you're supposed to do, so I'm going to say Gigantuar on the basis that if I didn't have a guide, I think this is the one that would have given me the most problems, especially when trying to five star him (and even with a guide, five stars was based on luck).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    All the enemies are easy once you get the hang of exactly what you're supposed to do, so I'm going to say Gigantuar on the basis that if I didn't have a guide, I think this is the one that would have given me the most problems, especially when trying to five star him (and even with a guide, five stars was based on luck).
    The guide was useless alot of the time. I would attempt enemies based on the strategies it offered only to find them fail and finding an easier way to do it myself.

For example, with gigantaur, it advises having Sazh use fire/flamestrike/fire/flamestrike, which has him step back each time until you're a safe distance. You'll be killed before you get far away enough and it wont get you a 5 star rank. Also, random chain is not a strategy.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I beat Gigantuar without a guide...

Best I've gotten is 3 stars, though. =\
    jkhkjg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    The guide was useless alot of the time. I would attempt enemies based on the strategies it offered only to find them fail and finding an easier way to do it myself.

For example, with gigantaur, it advises having Sazh use fire/flamestrike/fire/flamestrike, which has him step back each time until you're a safe distance. You'll be killed before you get far away enough and it wont get you a 5 star rank. Also, random chain is not a strategy.
    I didn't say the guide. I meant even when using a guide from the internet.

Random chain isn't a strategy so to speak, but it is a way of getting five stars. There are only two ways of getting five stars for Gigantuar from what I understand, and they both involve a bit of luck. I found random instant chain was easier/faster, so used that.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I am at Gigantuar right now and canīt beat him.
    Is it possible to beat all the missions without beating him?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D