Thread: New band !? Thank you video game

Default New band !? Thank you video game

Just to name a few, here are some bands I discovered while playing video games :

Avenged Sevenfold (NFS Most wanted)
    Bullet for my valentine (NFS Most wanted)
    Datarock (NHL)
    Justice (NFS Undercover)
    Protest the hero (NHL)
    Queens of the stone age (Guitar Hero 3)
    Silversun Pickups (Guitar Hero WT)

How about you ?

Moomba

I've found a lot of music via sports games (NHL, NBA & WWE), Rockband and oddly enough, Sonic the Hedgehog series.

the names of a LOT of them escape my mind at the moment, but I have examples of each I still remember.

NBA: Parliament - Mothership Connection (star child)
    WWE: Rise Against - Survive
    Rock: Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home
    Sonic: Zebrahead - His World
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOO

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Although it wasn't really because of a game I found out about them, they are technically around BECAUSE of a game. So..without the game I may have never listened to the band's music - which would be BAD.

Interview with Midgar (UK Band)

Don't get all anti-FF on me, they don't preach about FFVII and are a really good band. Admittedly one song has blatant FFVII references, but heyho this is what the lead says:

"Midgar" was chosen almost as a tribute to a favourite composer of mine, Nobuo Oematsu. He writes the music for the computer game series Final Fantasy, and when I was younger I was really keen on FF7, particularly for the musical score. I brought the band members together; I knew each of them from various musical endeavours of my own and thought they would be the best men for the job when it came to putting a band together. Fortunately everyone hit it off straight away and we've ended up being a little musical family

I am not a man

Articles
    Blog Entries

I found 'Cage the Elephant' through playing Borderlands, and I found Rage Against the Machine through 'Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2'.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence View Post
    I found 'Cage the Elephant' through playing Borderlands, and I found Rage Against the Machine through 'Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2'.
    Yeah the old THPS games really had an awesome soundtrack. I discovered tons of bands like Social Distortion, Millencolin, Goldfinger and the like thanks to these games. Though I'm not really into those bands anymore..

Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    Although it wasn't really because of a game I found out about them, they are technically around BECAUSE of a game. So..without the game I may have never listened to the band's music - which would be BAD.

Interview with Midgar (UK Band)

Don't get all anti-FF on me, they don't preach about FFVII and are a really good band. Admittedly one song has blatant FFVII references, but heyho this is what the lead says:

"Midgar" was chosen almost as a tribute to a favourite composer of mine, Nobuo Oematsu. He writes the music for the computer game series Final Fantasy, and when I was younger I was really keen on FF7, particularly for the musical score. I brought the band members together; I knew each of them from various musical endeavours of my own and thought they would be the best men for the job when it came to putting a band together. Fortunately everyone hit it off straight away and we've ended up being a little musical family
    ah, one of my favorite bands has the same name inspired by a Video Game.

Hadouken!

Official Site
    YouTube
    wiki

I'm going to see them live in July, Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence View Post
    Yeah the old THPS games really had an awesome soundtrack. I discovered tons of bands like Social Distortion, Millencolin, Goldfinger and the like thanks to these games. Though I'm not really into those bands anymore..
    Ah how could I forget THPS! the early incarnations anyway (one via four).
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOO