Thread: Fran & the ending (spoilers)

Default Fran & the ending (spoilers)

This is proberly just me being picky, but at the end, when ashe and vaan call out for baltheir...why don't they call out for Fran...And why is Fran forgoten about alot?
    Mega-sad face

Default You could play Revenant Wings and see if there's anything new there...

concerning the relationship between Balthier and Fran.

I don't know the answer to your question but I suspect it simply an oversight that has no significance to it.

Maybe if Matsuno had been directing the game from start to finish he would have done things a little differently.

That really annoyed me too. Fran was the one who actually got injured and they don't even ask about her! To be fair though they might not have known she was there, because Balthier and Fran say they are going to the engine room. But they should have made an educated guess that where Balthier is Fran is.

In regards to Revenant Wings, Balthier does seem to be a little more protective of Fran than he used to be. He makes her wait at the Strahl so as not to get afflicted by the mist. Maybe seeing her get squished made him worry
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Well, considering how non-interactive the characters were, I'm not really surprised. "Hey guys, were we traveling with a rabbit? Yeah? And why were we doing that again?"

Haha, they never really even talked to each other...Weird how basch and ashe only talked to each other like, twice O.O.

I do enjoy that bit where Basch talks about the struggles of protecting royalty and Ashe is standing right behind him. lol, Actually i think they talk quite a bit, Ashe often talks to the guys but mainly ignores Fran and Penelo
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Cause Ashe is a hoebag!
    Nah, but tbh i thought that Penelo talked to fran the most, which made me like penelo :)
    But idk i didn't feel a real friendly vibe, it was more like they were forced to stick with each other.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Something's off... Why wouldn't they want to have a conversation with someone with such a beautiful voice!

Default It goes back to Matsuno leaving before the game

was finished.
    I feel if he had stayed on and been competent there would have been more cutscenes and more apparent bonding between the characters.

That accent was beautiful :P
    Yeah who was matsuno, i mean what did he do in the previous FFs?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHeart View Post
    I THINK he was assistant director/producer thingy on some of the earlier FF's, but I know he was heavily involved in Tactics. Hence the Esper namegame.
    You dont understand, with gravity slain we can FLY!

Screwing with your minds since 1994!

I am a coding beast!
    Languages learnt:C, C++, C#, D3D, VB, PHP/HTML, Reverse Engineering, x64 assembly and Python.

Default Matsuno is considered the father of Ivalice

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHeart View Post
    Ivalice - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

I liked Tactics and the Ivalice timeline...

Sad that we likely won't be seeing any more of it.