Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Plot Dino says, "Read the walk through."

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I've never gotten 100 impressed! I've gotten 99 many times, though I always beat myself up about it since that Moonstone would really come in handy later.

Irontoe I'm tempted to fire up IX now just to play the beginning. It's my favourite part!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only gotten 99. ;; Good job! =O Cool walkthrough, Plot Dino makes me rofl.

This is a great idea!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Plot Dino says "Go Kaycee, go!"

Blog Entries

I lol'd at Irontoe
    Pierre reminds me of that French guy on Crono Cross (I think it's the same name)

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel freaking smug as hell. I can get 100 after about 10 or so tries, usually.

And it's 10,000 Gil! Gragh!

100 aint that hard. Although getting high 90s is always frustrating.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I've managed to get 100, there is something absurdly fun in doing a QTE-type swordfight.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Thanks for all the comments ^_^ We’re gonna try to speed it up a bit cause taking all these screenshots is slowing this walkthrough down! And if I expect you lot to join in I better be able to keep up. The first disc is my favorite so it shouldn’t be too hard.

Evil forest:
    It’s evily and foresty. The moogle comes up and will explain to you about ATE. You’ll see garnet and thunder! You know what’s about to happen! Alright so you’re all “I don’t need those fools! I’ll beat this game myself!” Well my friends, it’s not a level one Ozma challenge here. It’s just a plain ol’ walkthrough.

Ok so after the ATE you can save it if you want. Now in this next zone, I always try to level up a little bit to at least make the next area easier. I suggest it. You’ll actually appreciate the extra levels. Just run around in circles or up and down the area until it breaks away. Get to about level 3 or 4 and then move to the next zone. You can equipped the silk shirt on him if you would like. If you start to run low on HP while fighting, just toss a potion up. By just leveling up right here by yourself you’ll change the entire pace of the game. It’ll make everything easier and you honestly wont die as much having a stronger Zidane/Pierre in the party. If you don’t get those extra levels the next boss might be hard.

Oh look a boss fight!

Boss Name: Prison Cage
    HP: 500

Ok so this fight can get annoying if you let it. Prison Cage absorbs health from Garnet. If she dies, Game over. It’s as simple as that. So just toss her a potion when her health is low. If you haven’t noticed, Pierre is now a fruity pink homosexual. This is trance, it’s like super saiyan. BAM you’re tranced cause it was so emotional! Use his Dyne abilities until you go out of trance. After that Pierre is used for healing garnet and attacking here and there. While Pierre is tranced use Irontoe to toss the potions and just hack away! It’ll be dead in no time If you’re level 4 it should only take two dynes and you’re done. SEE leveling doesn’t hurt

Alright so the plant took off with the princess! Crapola! Let’s take a step back and talk about trance real quick.

Trance:

Problem with trance in this game is it only rarely happens via story line and other wise it’s when your bar gets full. You can’t save your trance so if a random monster makes you trance right before it dies you waste your trance. There is currently a thread about how under used it is! Go put your two cents in if you haven’t already.

Pierre has a specific trance list everyone else their abilities just double or their power just increase or they just jump a LITTLE higher. So I’ll list his stuff since it’s unique.

Dyne – Target – MP – You master it by learning….

Free Energy - One -10 – Flee
    Tidal Flame - All - 12 – Detect
    Scoop Art - One – 14 – What's That!?
    Shift Break - All - 16 – Soul Blade
    Stellar Circle 5 - One - 24 – Annoy
    Meo Twister - All - 32 – Sacrifice
    Solution 9 - One – 48 – Lucky Seven
    Grand Lethal - All - 60 – Thievery

Irontoe/Steiner – his attack is raised by 300%
    Garnet – She can summon without using MP
    Vivi/Thunder – Dbl Blk - He can cast two black magic spells in a row

BACK TO THE STORY

The Prison cage stashes Garnet and comes back for thunder!

Boss Name: Prison Cage II
    HP: 500
    Steal: Broadsword, Leather Wrist

So he’s back, back again. Time to kill it, kill it again. This time you can steal which, of course, you don’t have to do but you might want to sell things. You might be thinking “oh this will be harder without Pierre in trance! Well it’s not. Vivi/thunder can cast fire while in the cage thing but he’s still being absorbed on so if he gets too low then toss a potion up. You’ll lose if he loses all his health. Otherwise just hack away and it’s dead in fairly quick.

Ok so you got poisoned OH NO! And you’re back at the ship. You’ll be talking to Baku, on the bridge there is a box that has some [Bronze Gloves], get em! There is a box that’s obviously staring at you. It’s a [Wrist]. Watch the ATE’s and you’ll see how creepy Cinna is again.

They are all pedos I swear.

In the bed you’ll find 116 gil. Get the chest in the northern part of the room also, it’s an [Ether]. You give Thunder a remedy and then Benero had given Irontoe one. Pierre makes a promise “I’ll find her!” but come on it’s like finding a needle in haystack in the forest, so he thinks about getting laid getting a kiss from her and it’s all good. The cutscene here shows up all throughout the game I swear so get use to it.

Blank will tell you Baku wants to meet with you and you’ll find him in the room where the meeting was held. There is a box in here so make sure to grab it, it’s just a [Potion] though so it’s not that important. Don’t talk to Baku yet and go to the top corner like you did in the beginning and you’ll get an [Rubber Helm]. Then you’ll have to omg fight him!

Boss Name: Baku
    HP: 200
    Steal: Iron Sword, Hi-Potion

Alright you NEED to steal that Iron sword, it’s so much better than what Steiner has currently. Like before, Baku trips and falls so he might not even make contact with you. After you get your stolen items just hack away. He only has 200 health so it wont take long at all.

Ok so after you fight he’ll tell you Irontoes door is unlocked. Go in there and get him. You’ll leave the room but go BACK in and grab the [Ether] and outside there is another [Ether] if you missed it before. Then you’ll go to talk to Thunder and him and Irontoe will chat about hiding something in Irontoes pants for thunder to find an ability. Which is the Magic sword. It’s based on Steiner/Irontoe’s MP. It’s Thunders magic plus a sword basically. You’ll go to leave and Blank will stop you. Give you a note which talks about abilities and Blank gives you more remedy for the poison and a world map. And check the box out…. It’s a [Leather Hat].

Now it’s “time for my adventure!” shouted a swede out of nowhere. So go back outside and talk to Cinna if you need to buy anything (you don’t) and save it at the moogle! If you talk to him about mognet you’ll get a letter from ruby about how she was left behind. I don’t get HOW she was on the ship earlier. Equip everyone with what you got. Make sure Thunder has the leather wrist though so he can learn Blizzard. You’ll go back the way where you encountered the prison cage but just keep on going! Try to level everyone up to at least level 3. It’ll make everything easier. I know some people don’t like the grind but don’t try to avoid fights, they actually help as you level. You’ll come to a spring that heals your MP and HP. It’s Monty. You have a letter for him! THUS YOUR MOGNET QUEST IS STARTED! Talk to him again and you should get a letter from Stiltzkin about being in a cold place.

You’ll have a FMV which I always find cool in this game, it transitions from normal play to an FMV and just looks cool. Make sure to equip people with Silk shirts that you have because it reduces thunder effects. You’ll have one more zone then you’ll come across garnet and the biggest weed ever!

Boss Name: Plant Brain
    HP: 900
    Steal: Iron Helm, Eye Drops

Ok you will want to steal Iron Helm. So this will really be the only bad part about this fight. If you use Thunder/Vivi’s Fire and Irontoe/Steiner’s Magic Sword Fire, (plant has a weakness to fire duh) then it’ll near wipe him out. After his health gets low Blank will appear. Once he does just have Pierre and Blank Steal until you get Iron Helm unless you already got it before Blank got there. After you get it just let loose! Plant Brain casts Thunder which will hit everyone and also Darkness if he gets hit with a physical attack. That’s really all you need to worry about. It isn’t too hard of a fight!

So oh snap you killed the big guy now the whole forest is chasing you! Run away! Well actually this is an easy chance to level up. There really is no time limit or any impending doom besides the frantic music. So if you get attack don’t fret just kill. The things die in about one hit anyway. Eventually you’ll get to a FMV and it’s sad I don’t get how Irontoe, being one of the slowest characters in game, WHILE holding Garnet can outrun poor Blank but whatever.

So you’re out of the forest! YAY! Monty got out too! YAY! Moogle love ! There will be lots of dialogue and then Monty will give you the Moogle flute and show you the “Teach me, Mogster!” ATE thing which is a tutorial about, well, near everything. The flute will allow you to summon a Moogle to save on the world map. It’s Moguo!

Now we’re at the world map! And now it’s time for a dance break!

You know you missed him
    Last edited by Freya; 05-03-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I had no idea about the 9 times thing. Awesome.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hahaha I went through the whole game looking out for the moogle who said that and he was right there all along!

Blog Entries

I have never done this 9 times thing! I need to go do it now! D:

Also, that Steiner screenshot is hilarious.

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

You've got to continue this soon!!! This is definitely the greatest walkthrough ever!

The Plot Dino makes me LOL

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

My power went out today while I was working on this so that’s why we’re a little late!

Ice Cavern:

“Ever heard of Ice cavern?” “Oh is this it?” “My grandpa told me about it.” “we’ll have to thank him later” “My grandpa is dead you dick.”

Well isn’t that a great tip. I’ve actually played through the whole game a few times without ever knowing that.

Right away you’ll notice the breezy spots. It’s all misty cold arg! These spots cause you to fight monsters if you go through them so…. Go through them. I’m a purest at heart of “fight everything unless you really will lose if you die from this one battle cause you’re out of potions/mp so run”. So there is a box right from the get go in there, pick the [Tent] up.

Check the right side of the wall in the new zone and Thunder will melt it. There is a [Ether] and the other chest in the room is a [Potion]. If you keep heading up to a fakey wall that looks obviously fake like when you’re watching an older animation thing and you know exactly what is going to move cause it’s a different color than the rest of the stuff, yeah it’s like that. Anyway break the wall with Thunder, it’s an [Elixir]. Head to the right and go over the log for a [Potion] and use vivi/Thunder to fire it and get the Mage Masher. Equip it on Zidane/Pierre if you didn’t grab the one in the beginning of the game.

We know you’re fake mister fakey wall!

The next screen has a [Phoenix Down] and another fake wall on the west side which has a [Leather Wrist. Now the next screen you’ll have two paths. Go to the left and there will be a frozen Moogle! Unfreeze him and save. This is Mois! He’ll show you another “Teach me, Mogster! Lesson 2.” He also has a letter for you to deliver to Gumo! Save and maybe tent or just heal Zidane up. Make sure you’re at least level 7 before you go on to the next part though.

Head the other direction in the previous zone. Everyone will pass out but Zidane/Pierre will awaken and go to meet one of the best baddies in the entire game. In my opinion anyway…

Boss Name: Black Waltz #1 & Sealion
    HP: 250 (Black Waltz #1), 500 (Sealion)
    Steal: Silk Shirt (Black Waltz #1), Ether, Mythril Dagger (Sealion)

Ok so Black Waltz 1 will summon the Sealion. He also uses blizzard on him which heals him for 150. Steal the [Ether] and the Mythril Dagger from the Sealion. You might think “Omg this battle will be so hard it’s just Zidane(Pierre)! But it’s not. Because it’s just you, you get hit a lot. You get hit a lot so you go into trance. Then it’s cake walk. If you have Detect then you should have the Dyne attack that hits all enemies. If you didn’t get the Mythril Dagger before you went into trance then reset the damn game and try again. It’s a very good weapon that you can’t get for a bit and it has the Bandit ability which if you have it learned then your rate of success when stealing is much better!. So just trance that . Potion if you need to because both of them attack for around 75 and you should be good!

So you defeat them and Zorn and Thorn are like “BITCHES” or not, if they said that I’d love them so much more. Otherwise I just find them annoying. You’ll go back and everyone will awaken then you just keep heading up and eventually you come out on top.

Now you’ll be overlooking Dali and Garnet needs to be a real boy girl so they try to teach her to talk normally. She also needs a new name. So team, what’s her new name?

Well ok plot dino!

After you name her when you’re on the world map go run around the forest right in front of Dali for a while until you come into contact with Mu. Mu is a friendly monster. By talking to mu and giving him [Ore] which you most likely have, he’ll reward you with 10 AP which can help level some of those abilities! It’ll also help in the long run if you want to try to fight Ozma! Also while you’re out here try to rack up some gil. I’ll show you all a trick later!

So tell us what her name should be and we can get this thing moving!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Ms Lady