Thread: Plot Dino says, "Read the walk through."

We miss you Freya, come back soon
    I will never be a memory.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I plan on trying this again in a few weeks. I have a few jobs now so I don't have very much free time and when i do have free time, I'm so pooped from working all the time that I don't wanna do anything. lol. I do plan on getting back to this soon though.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Good news at last!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I've been bored which means I'm being productive again. Before I had an excuse for not doing this, I had 4 jobs and worked 7 days a week. Now I have 3 and only work 4 days a week. Granted those are full 12 hour days but STILL. Anyway here you guys go, plus I already have the next few posts sorta out and everything I'll just space them out so it's not so wall-o-texty.

Treno:

Everyone leaves Steiner/Irontoe cause well come on, it’s Steiner/Irontoe, so that’s who you’ll be in charge of. Now some ATE’s will play and if you follow this exactly then you’ll be able to get the [Power Belt]

Watch ‘Treno Tradition’ ATE in the first screen.

Watch ‘Pursuit’ ATE then go west where Dagger/Chansey went. DO NOT do an ATE at the next screen.

As Iron toe, enter the synthesis shop’s hallway (first door on the left) and talk to the four-armed man.

You’ll get money stolen from you no matter what so don’t’ fret. You can do your cotton robe trick here if you want more moneys. Also synth the Cachusha so Dagger can learn Life and a Gold Choker for the fight club.

As Irontoe, you want to find the two Stellazzio coins that are here. You’ll be able to turn them in here as well! How awesome is that? You should have 5 by the end of this area if you spent the time to find them. At the first screen here you came in, if you throw gil in the fountain 13 times you’ll get [Gemini]. Go to the slum, the way Marcus went, and look behind the Item shop stall, you’ll find [Taurus] there.

If you go to Queen Stella’s You can turn in all your Stellazzio coins you’ve collected so far. You’ll get in order: [1000 gil], [Phoenix Pinion], [2000 gil], [Blood Sword], and [5000 gil]. If you don’t have that many then go get you some at Dali and Quan’s Dwelling!

There’s a [Yeti card] and [1 gil] in a chest nearby. In the west, by the locked tower, a [Mythril Dagger] sits all alone like. Near Queen Stella’s you can find an [Ether] and near the Auction house you can find [2225 gil].

Now it’s time to shop! Whoopie! Go to the synth shop, which is the first shop on the left side before Queen Stella’s house if you didn't get the power belt. Do your Cotton robe trick! I highly advise that you buy the Mythril Sword for Steiner/Irontoe. You can only learn “Armor Break” from it even though you have the Blood sword from the Stellazzio coins. You could check the Treno Auction house if you like. There are some items you can’t get by Synthing. You can talk to the moogle Mogrich in front of the armory but you’ll have to catch him! He wont have anything for you to deliver but he does have a letter to read.

Knight House Fight Club: First rule of fight club, you don’t talk about blah blah. In the Armory you can talk to the old lady for the option of fighting the monster below (Griffin). Equip Steiner with the Blood sword (Drains HP), a Gold Choker (halves wind damage, and Bird Killer ability. The monster uses wind attacks so the choker should help against that. Bird killer will of course help kill him. If you win you’ll get [Tonberry Card]

Treno Auction House:

You don’t NEED the AH but you can get some cool rare stuff early on plus some of the items you can sell off to nobles around Treno.

There should be:

Mini-cid
    Une’s Mirror
    Griffin’s Heart
    Fairy Earrings
    Reflect ring
    Doga’s Artifact
    Pearl Rogue
    Magicians Robe
    And
    Madain’s ring.

You have to bid on them of course but as I said you can sell some of them for a profit. There will be more items up for auction in later discs. You can also re-buy the items you sell after you sell them to the people around town, just go back to the auction house.

Une’s mirror will go to a ‘Nobleman’ by the synth shop’s exterior for a max of 15,000g
    Doga’s Artifact can be sold to the ‘Scholar’ in the synthesis shop for a max of 10,000g

Griffin’s Heart can be sold to the ‘Adventurer by the synth shop’s exterior for 10,000g

Once all that fun stuff is done you can go to the AH to find Chansey/dagger and the Inn to find Marcus. The art direction in this game is awesome. You’ll then take a boat and a friend of Dagger’s will be all “hey homegirl! You guys wanna party with me?” And you’ll have to go to the tower where you found the lone box. Finish up anything you need to before you go talk to him. Talk to the doc and he’ll tell you about Gargan Roo! Also a flash back. Enter the sewer grate and you’ll be on your way!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Kuja's theme? Well I do. I love it. the FF's always have great music.
    Last edited by Freya; 08-20-2011 at 04:40 AM.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I like that the dinosaur gets to be included.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

4 jobs and seven days a week? Damn, and I thought my mother worked hard back when I was a child. You must be a mother working all those jobs because I don't see why anyone else would need to work so much. I enjoy reading your playthrough. Keep on keeping on.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Heh nah, I just have immense debt due to medical bills o.o MORE PLOT DINO TO COME! This one is just picture heavy. I didn't want the last part to go any longer nor the next part. So it's short and picturey!

Gargan Roo:

First off, talk to Mochos the Moogle. You have a letter for him from Nazna. He wont have one for you but you can save. If you haven’t been running around much you’ll really want to do so. Got to the left first and you’ll find two boxes.

One is [Chain Plate] and the other is a [Pheonix Down]. After you grab those, pull the lever and head back to the room with the moogle. If you haven’t leveled up much, run around back and forth and you’ll start random battles to level with. These guys give decent AP and XP and gil! So just grind a bit and you'll be back in tip top form.

Make sure everyone is equipped and ready for a fight. Make sure you have the antibody ability on, you’ll need it. If you don’t have it quite learnededed yet, feel free to grind for AP. Go to the Right and pull the lever. Follow Doctor Tot and a Gargant will appear. These guys will be prevalent later in the game too! You’ll all hop on for a ride and… BADDIE!

Boss: Ralvurahva
    Hp: 2500
    Steal: Bone Wrist, Mythril Fork

You can use this nifty Tent trick if you’d like, it might make it easier, PLOT DINO TAKE IT AWAY!

If you purchased the Madain Ring at the AH in Treno, and have this equipped on Dagger/Chanser, you’ll absorb his most powerful attack, Blizzara. She also has Panacea so she can cure anyone who doesn’t have antibody and gets poisoned. Steiner’s blood sword will pretty much do a heck of a job if you got it. The items are kinda hard to steal but they are actual good items so that might be why. Eventually he’ll run off and leave you without any fun loot. Lame.

Once you defeat him you’ll appear at the bottom of Alexandria castle. And those assholes trap you, cause they are ass holes.

Last edited by Freya; 08-20-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm going to start tallying how often you mention your jobs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'ma tally how many times... YEAH! YER MOM!

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

You'd think someone with military expertise like Steiner would be able to avoid walking right into an obvious trap.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Military... expertise, yeah

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Zorn and Thorn, evil masterminds!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunnova View Post
    You'd think someone with military expertise like Steiner would be able to avoid walking right into an obvious trap.
    Well you know. He never dreamed of the Queen setting him up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I never understood how he got to be captain of the guard, i mean the intro shows he was pretty inept at it .these are powerful countries we're talking about! How is such a crappy captain xD