Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain thresholds.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The worst pain I've ever felt in my life ... well there's a tie. 1) Charley horses and 2) Migraines. I can survive both so does that mean I'm awesome?

Charley horses though, man. I make faces and pace and growl when I have those. And migraines just make me feel ill. The only kind of pain i really hate, though, is any kind of internal tummy pain. I get really upset and frustrated with tummy pains.

Signature by rubah. I think.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Pretty dependant on the situation.
    I easily let out some slight groan of pain when i accidentally smash my toe against something for the umpteenth time, and stomach ache is a real killer, but i kept surprisingly quiet when a doctor was cutting my big toe's nail off with bad anesthetics. I think.

Blog Entries

I got a high pain threshold, walking barefoot on asphalt in the middle of a hot-July day doesn't faze me. I feel the pain, but it's really just more of a bother.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a low pain threshold, in that I feel it very easily, but unless it's extreme I have a pretty high tolerence for it, with a couple exceptions. Specifically, if I bite my tongue or cheek I simply cannot deal with it. I completely lose my and I have to beat the hell out of some inanimate object to calm down. Second is knee pain. If I get a knee joint pain I can't handle it at all, I'm crippled until it's better.

Most of the time I don't bother fighting through stuff because there's no gain to doing so and I like sympathy so I piss and moan when in pain, but if needed I can overcome most pain one is likely to feel in regular life. Aside from the above exceptions if something does take me out, it's more likely to be an accompanying sympton. I can deal with headaches but I'm screwed very hard by any sort of nausea or dizziness, for example.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't think I have an unusual pain threshold, but my tolerance for withstanding pain is pretty decent. I tend to be very dismissive of my own pain, which has more than once when I was younger resulted in me getting hurt even more.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I've had a kidney stone for a number of years. Before I was diagnosed with it I would have chronic pain all day without any sort of medical painkillers to help me. To give you a comparison having a kidney stone has been compared to giving birth in terms of the pain caused. So yeah, during my life I've been through a total of three years worth of giving birth. Needless to say my pain threshold is high.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Any pain threshold I possess is pretty much completely non-existent.

I know this from far too much personal experience.
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I easily whine when I'm feeling uncomfortable, but i can handle quite a bit of pain if I have to
    This. I somehow manage to injure myself a lot but I can handle pain better than I thought I could. The only kind of pain I can't handle very well are headaches, though. Those things are the worst. D:
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

I hate pain, I can't really handle much of it. D:

Blog Entries

The worst pain for me was when I had my wisdom teeth taken out; I had a bad reaction.

And cramps. x_x

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pain is a good thing, it lets you know you're alive and that is always helpful. I personally can stand quite a lot of pain but I hate having to do so. It is always better to avoid the pain when I can rather than withstand it. When I was in Egypt I cut my foot on the coral reef at the beach, it got infected and was quite painful. I visited the clinic at my hotel and the doctor there decided he needed to remove a lot of the skin from the sole of my foot around the cut to clean it properly, squeeze the infection out and then to cover it in anti-biotic/anti-bacterial creams. It was a relatively painful and uncomfortable proceedure especially considering how sensitive the area was (the arch of my foot if you must know) however it was well worth it because it made the infection clear up with 24hrs which meant I was able to go back in to the sea and the pool the next afternoon.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Ever wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramp? It's like "OMFG someone shot me in my sleep!!" D: And then proceed to grab onto the headboard like it's some kind of life preserver, like it stands between you and certain death.

Or maybe that's just me and I have a low pain threshold.
    NO I GET THIS TOO.

Leg cramp feels like you're dying. It actually does.
    jkhkjg

Whoever mentioned a charlie horse, I got you.

Those things hurt like a mooother.
    "We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
    The seasons have changed and so have we.
    There was little we could say, and even less we could do
    To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you."

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, early this morning at Penguicon, people were dunking their hands in buckets of ice water to see how long they could stand it!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Ever wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramp? It's like "OMFG someone shot me in my sleep!!" D: And then proceed to grab onto the headboard like it's some kind of life preserver, like it stands between you and certain death.

Or maybe that's just me and I have a low pain threshold.
    NO I GET THIS TOO.

Leg cramp feels like you're dying. It actually does.
    Oh, christ, yes. I forgot about this, add it to Things MILF Cannot Handle.