Thread: Equipment help (Spoilers yay)

Default Equipment help (Spoilers yay)

Righto, you guys know the white masks, i need to get them before redas joins, i want to get all the possible espers earliest :) but...i have no idea where to get white masks atm, any help? I'll be fighting Ultima and i only have one mask atm

EDIT: :D i stole some sage rings from a rare game, i'm alright now. What level should i attempt Ultima, i'm on level 68 for all of the party atm
    Last edited by ChickenHeart; 05-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

They are a rare drop from the rare game juggernaut. But spawning him can be a pain and chaining him even more so. White masks would be better than sage rings because it would leave open your accesory slot for bubble belts but you can simply cast bubble... though MP really does become an issue mid-fight.

I don't remember what level i was when i first fought Ultima, and second playthrough i was close to max. But the guide recomends level 47... though i wouldn't put much faith in that, Ultima can be tricky. 68 sounds decent enough, the only way to know would be to give it a shot. If you need a few more levels then coincidently, the great crystal is a great spot for levelling

She was an actuall breeze :D!
    I'm levels 75 now, trained abit in the henne mines, is it hard to kill zodiark without the shock spell atm? Cause he was constantly putting up barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHeart View Post
    She was an actuall breeze !
    I'm levels 75 now, trained abit in the henne mines, is it hard to kill zodiark without the shock spell atm? Cause he was constantly putting up barriers.
    I love Zodiark. He will be hard even at max level with all top tier weapons. But there are some things you can do to make it easier.

His Darkja attack has instant death and will KO your party instantly. He uses it as soon as the battle starts so put 2 characters in reserve so only one character will be KO'd. From there, keeping shell active will give you a 50% chance to survive the instant death. It also causes heavy dark damage so Black masks are a must.

After he goes below 20% he will make himself immune to physical attacks, and also occasionally magic too. He likes to cast faith + reflect, which makes his scathe attack hurt as much as his Darkja. Keep your party spread out so only one character can be targeted by it and equip that character with an Aegis shield so they have a 50% chance to evade it. Have a couple of Opal rings to bypass his reflect so when his magic barrier goes down you can fire off a few spells at him before he puts it back up again. Dispel wont help much against his faith and reflect because his magic barrier prevents it from working.

Of course you can try what alot of people do and take his health down to 25% and then try to avoid all the hassle by breaking out a quickening chain to finish him off.

I'm go try that :) but if i was too use a quickening chain, would his magic barrier have to be down?

I'm go try that but if i was too use a quickening chain, would his magic barrier have to be down?
    I think Quickening chains are all physical attacks (I think) just get it in before his physical barrier goes up

It took ages! But it's down :)

It took ages! But it's down
    So with Zodiark down, you must be planning to face Omega MKXII and Yiazmat?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    It took ages! But it's down :)
    So with Zodiark down, you must be planning to face Omega MKXII and Yiazmat?
    I'm not sure yet, i haven't visited the pharos yet. I think i've pretty much done everything i can, apart from gilgamesh.

Default There are some hunts in

Pharos as well as some espers and the end of that part of the story arc.

Congrats on Zodiark.I lost again so I have set the game down until I decide whether to try again or just go on to Bahamut and end the game.