Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What are you doing now?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's useful if you want to get the award/trophy for five starring all missions. If you don't want that, then it's not a big deal at all.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Unfortunately, I lost interest in this game shortly after defeating (SPOILER)Cid Raines. I wonder if I will pick it up again some time? Possibly.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Um lets see. I've almost finished with gathering CP (just the last level thingy to go on one role for each character), when I'm done with that I'll be working on my equipment, finishing the missions I haven't done yet and just generally getting all the trophies I haven't gotten yet.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was just getting to the part where you (SPOILER)hop aboard Atomos in chapter 11, but my PS3 died. Now I'm going to be taking the damn thing apart so I can get the FFXIII disc out and return it to my friend. If I'm able to get my save files and everything else off of the hard drive once I buy a new PS3 then I may borrow it again to finish off the game. But if I'd end up having to play through the game again to beat it then I'll be throwing in the towel. Hopefully all of the info on the HDD is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I was just getting to the part where you (SPOILER)hop aboard Atomos in chapter 11, but my PS3 died. Now I'm going to be taking the damn thing apart so I can get the FFXIII disc out and return it to my friend. If I'm able to get my save files and everything else off of the hard drive once I buy a new PS3 then I may borrow it again to finish off the game. But if I'd end up having to play through the game again to beat it then I'll be throwing in the towel. Hopefully all of the info on the HDD is still there.
    Total change of topic here but what happened to your Ps3? I haven't had mine more than 6 months so I am still fresh as to the bugs they may or may not have. Some may be more subtle than the Xbox's red ring as far as media write ups go so thats why I ask.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Total change of topic here but what happened to your Ps3? I haven't had mine more than 6 months so I am still fresh as to the bugs they may or may not have. Some may be more subtle than the Xbox's red ring as far as media write ups go so thats why I ask.
    I was going to shoot you a PM because I don't want to derail the topic completely talking about the ways a PS3 could fail, but since some other people may be interested in the topic as well I might as well put it here I suppose.

The failure I got was what many have termed the yellow light of death since it was discovered. It's a bit misleading since the yellow light can apparently come on as a result of any number of possible hardware failures. From the bit of research I did on the internet when it happened it seems that many theorize it can happen due to a faulty power supply, motherboard failure, or some solder breaking over time (which is similar to the cause of the red ring actually). No one can say for sure though. But when you get that error the PS3 basically won't turn on at all. Not even long enough to eject a disc from the drive.

I wouldn't be too worried about something like this though since the PS3's error rates are still reported at about 1% or less last I checked. It was just bad luck for me, but on the plus side I got to open up a PS3 and take apart the Blu-Ray drive (yes, I found that fun. Sad huh?). I did get my friends disc out unharmed in the end too, and even put the whole thing back together, though it was much more of a pain than getting it apart was. I'll sell it for parts now (though someone could always buy it to smash with a sledgehammer I suppose ) and be getting a new one in a couple of days.

Finished Assassins Creed last Sunday and bought Mirrors Edge today.
    Concerning FFXIII I did nothing more.
    Maybe will try finishing the last mission some day.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    Finished Assassins Creed last Sunday and bought Mirrors Edge today.
    Concerning FFXIII I did nothing more.
    Maybe will try finishing the last mission some day.
    I wish you luck man. Get the platinum! You will be proud of yourself when you do. It's odd when the trophy isn't technically real but it's a pain to get, which brings a sense of accomplishment If you don't tire of it I'd say practice at it and youll get it. like that old adage goes practice makes perfect. feel free to drop me a line if you have a question about it but don't wish to begin a new thread.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I was going to shoot you a PM because I don't want to derail the topic completely talking about the ways a PS3 could fail, but since some other people may be interested in the topic as well I might as well put it here I suppose.

The failure I got was what many have termed the yellow light of death since it was discovered. It's a bit misleading since the yellow light can apparently come on as a result of any number of possible hardware failures. From the bit of research I did on the internet when it happened it seems that many theorize it can happen due to a faulty power supply, motherboard failure, or some solder breaking over time (which is similar to the cause of the red ring actually). No one can say for sure though. But when you get that error the PS3 basically won't turn on at all. Not even long enough to eject a disc from the drive.

I wouldn't be too worried about something like this though since the PS3's error rates are still reported at about 1% or less last I checked. It was just bad luck for me, but on the plus side I got to open up a PS3 and take apart the Blu-Ray drive (yes, I found that fun. Sad huh?). I did get my friends disc out unharmed in the end too, and even put the whole thing back together, though it was much more of a pain than getting it apart was. I'll sell it for parts now (though someone could always buy it to smash with a sledgehammer I suppose ) and be getting a new one in a couple of days.
    Thanks for the info btw! I hadn't heard of that failure yet since Im somewhat of a new owner.
    -B

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the info btw! I hadn't heard of that failure yet since Im somewhat of a new owner.
    -B
    I think most people wouldn't know about it given the PS3's low failure rate. When only around 1% break at all, the odds of anyone knowing about a single specific failure until it happens to them are pretty slim I'd say.

Anyway, I have a new PS3 in hand, but my old save files are unrecoverable so I guess what I'm doing now is giving up on FFXIII. I just can't bring myself to play through 11 chapters again just to try and finish it.

I will try to equip wind protection equipment instead of magic protection equipment next time I try.But it will take some time until I play again.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

I feel you on that one. I'm such a stubborn player that I'll ruin a fun game for myself long before I give up. Better to take a break before that happens IMO

I am being driven mental in my quest to get traps..... have the cats, can kill them without using death now, have lost count of how many killed AND STILL NO TRAP! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *headbuts desk*

Sooooo annoying as on first play through the first one I killed (the mission one) surrendered one.... Have got a few ingots though... even have enough money to buy a trap now but not enough to then upgrade nirvana to dismantle it.... rubbish.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    How much do you get for it on trade-in, anyway?
    I got £20 in Game, but that was awhile ago now. Might be less.

Bought Uncharted2 this Monday.
    Loved the first two levels I played.

Regards,
    Big D