Thread: Most Difficult Superboss

Default Most Difficult Superboss

Which one would you choose?

For me it would most certainly be Penance from FFX,
    It's the only one I have not yet beaten!

The easiest would be Ozma, as not a lot of skill is needed,
    Just luck!

lol i actually though ozma was the toughest! his speed is freaking unreal. he seriously attacks like 5 times while my bar was loading :0

i dont have the international version of FFX though and cant be bothered to get all the secret stuff because the minigames are such a pain in the ass

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Maybe not the most difficult but these are the Superbosses I just cant beat:
    FF5 Omega
    FF7 Emerald Weapon
    FF8 Omega

I admit I have been lazy with those FF..

FF12 Zodiark was a hard battle too but I beat it in the end.

>>> I have heard that Penance is a tough monster too, but it already fails since it just appears in FFX international version.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Yeah, it's kinda lame that the daddy of all the superbosses
    only appears on certain versions!

Emerald and Ruby I beat 3-4 years ago, but i used the infamous items glitch to get 99 mega elixers... so when i get ff7 again
    i'll beat them without it.

Yiazmat was long... just long, and omega mark xii... only had ONE million !

Omega on ff8 I never knew about until I lost ff8. Shame.

But yeah, if i had to order these HP loving monsters;

1. Penance
    2. Yiazmat
    3 Ruby Weapon
    4. Emerald Weapon
    5. (From what i have heard...) Omega from ff8!

enough said.

thx to ffwiki for the image.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Blog Entries

I reckon all superbosses are easy once you've either:
    a) made the right preparation [e.g. Ozma, FF7 weapons]
    b) worked out their patterns [e.g. FF8 Omega]

But I think Penance is the toughest in terms of the time you need to spend making those preparations. You need to beat all the Dark Aeons too, so when you do finally off him, you feel immensely proud of yourself. Ditto Omega Mk. XII. After beating Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat and going through that god damn Giruvegan + Great Crystal dungeon for the third time (once in story, once more for Ultima).

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I'm just... shocked.

Penance wasn't in the least difficult for me. I thought it was a very simple battle overall.

Yiazmat is a favorite but generally not difficul until he hits critical HP, then he goes a little psycho.

FFVII, VIII and IX weren't too bad. Challenging, but not on the same level as...

Neo Shinryu from FFV:A. He makes all other super bosses look like fresh turds on the grass. Unfortunatley people still found a pretty decent way to kill him reasonabley fast and efficiently, but without abusing cheap crap (Lionheart, KOTR etc) he certainly takes the crown. I'd just like to brag a little and mention i beat him solo character wopwopwop

Omega from FFV too isn't pretty and far more challenging then most super bosses

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Penance by far for me. I never really had trouble with the others, besides Neo Shinryu, but he wasn't in the original.

FFV Omega's weakness to lightning made him really easy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ah yes, Penance. The Godfather of "Hope You Like Grinding", seeing as every other superboss seems possible with strategy alone.

Once you've made the shell fall off and ascertained you can survive three or four more rounds of its very samey, predictable attack pattern I declare that you are well within your rights to use Zanmato, as I've never fought a boss so woefully repetitive. Thirty minutes of doing the exact same few commands over and over almost make me respect FFXII's gambits. Almost.

I'll go with the ones in FF5; Penance just requires grinding. That's only challenging if your electricity rates are very high.