Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Do SOO many peope think ti s cool to hate FFX???

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think too many people dislike X, but there are aspects that are unpopular and as is the way of gamers, those aspects get ragged on a lot.

It's cool to hate FFVIII, and if you're a big fan of VI it's cool to hate everything since except IX.

I don't hate X. It's not one of my favorites, but still, I like it. But a good friend of mine who I know in real life, totally despises X. Always ripping on it whenever X comes into the conversation. He still owns the game, but he just never bothered to complete it.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

People don't think it's cool to hate FFX. A lot of people like it, and those that don't like it dislike it because of personal reasons. If anything, I believe that some people think its cool to hate VIII and love VII.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Blog Entries

Actually, isn't FFX one of the most popular and well-liked in the series?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Actually, isn't FFX one of the most popular and well-liked in the series?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's one of the more positively regarded. I saw more than one place talking about XIII in terms of "Is it as good as X?"

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I see no evidence here that FFX is disliked, haha.

Now you just need to prove it to me.
    It's all over the place. Just search this forum for a bit and you'll find loads of haters. The reason there aren't any haters around right now is probably because they've expended all their energy arguing why XIII is bad and are resting up.

I enjoyed X quite a bit. It was the first Final Fantasy I played all the way through. While I think Tidus was a good character, I can't ignore how annoying he could be. I can understand why some people would hate it for that reason alone, I myself have given up playing certain video games for far dumber reasons.

Blog Entries

Maybe they are just complaining, but not specifically hating it. I mean, I could complain about something in every game. And even though I don't really like Tidus, I did like X.

Blog Entries

I actually think a lot of people hate X, though. Mostly for Tidus, because he's so whiny, and for the linearity of it. But I really like it, so. I guess it depends on what kind of game format you like.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Maybe they are just complaining, but not specifically hating it. I mean, I could complain about something in every game. And even though I don't really like Tidus, I did like X.
    I love FFX, but i hate Tidus and i hate Blitzball.

I don't think there is anything wrong with loving a game and at the same time recognizing its faults. This is something fanboys suffer from.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Every Final Fantasy has their haters, except maybe FFVI. I don't think FFX has any more haters than say FF2, 7, 8, 9 or 12.

Haters gonna hate! Just let 'em do that and enjoy FFX in all its glory.

X and IV are always duking it out to reign as my favorite in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with loving a game and at the same time recognizing its faults. This is something fanboys suffer from.
    Exactly! That's what's really, really annoying me about all the XIII talk at the moment. I like the game, doesn't mean I can't recognise it's flaws (Although I don't think it has many) there are all these haters wont even recognise there are good parts! Say you bring up the graphics, something I didn't think you could ignore, they just spout on how you can't base a game off graphics alone, no you can't, but you can still recognise they're awesome!

We don't think it's cool to hate it. We just don't think it's cool to like it is all :P

I see the game as an experiment. An experiment to see if gamers would welcome the "One long corridor, no exploration" movement with a naff love song by a pop singer, following on from FF8 which only really did the latter. The gamers did take to it, and now we have FFXIII and RIONA RUISU HIGHRY UNDERSPATED ALBAM.

At least the unskippable, horribly-acted cutscenes didn't catch on though. Anyone who remembers a thread I did about three years ago will know how I felt about those.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 05-10-2010 at 01:41 PM.