Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Record of Agarest War

I've been craving a tactical rpg for a while now, but from what I've heard in reviews this game cuts a lot of corners and does a lot of battle-padding to needlessly bloat the game's length. So I'm doubting this is the game I need. Interesting concept though. Also the game is apparently 3 years old. Maybe there will be a sequel that will turn me on to it

I pre-ordered this, and picked it up shortly after release. I mainly wanted it for the hilarity of the extras, the "wrist-supporting" mouse pad, and pillow case. I'm not that far in the game, because shortly after getting the game, I got a PS3.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

yeah, if you bought it for the marketing, you'll be disappointed. It's not an H-game with SRPG elements, it's a proper SRPG with extremely mild ecchi elements.

And the occasional Pedophile and rape jokes...

That being said, taking a bit of a break, as 2 of my main party ditched me for story reasons for a bit, presumabley, so I've had to buff up a couple characters that were way under leveled to give a chance.

I stress, hard doesn't smurf around, at all. I only thank Sony for not charging for first wave of point packs.

Edit: And further in Gen 4, that rat bastard of a main character doesn't bother me quite as much. I still hate him, but he's gaining a semblance of redeeming quality.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, this is about as good as Duran gets. Rex kind of reminds me of Leo, though. Actually, Rex kind of reminds everyone of Leo.

Holy effing snot the Gurg & 2 Lindwor fight is VICIOUS on hard mode though. Took me 5 tries to win. Not even Midas was that bad on hard*. I wonder what Summerill will be like & hope I get the option to end the game after that fight rather than do the True Path this playthrough because I will NOT be able to beat anything too much harder than Summerill.

*Midas was easier on Hard than he was on Easy. I actually blazed right on past ALL of the Gen 3 fights that gave me trouble when I was playing on Easy. Must have something to do with knowing wtf I'm doing now, but Gen 5 on hard is quite a satisfying challenge.

I've barely wormed my way through the start of Gen 5, been a bit to sidetracked lately.

I kind of miss not having any pretty ladies to court though. I quite enjoyed that aspect of the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You actually get a shot at Ellis in Gen 5.