Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who else thinks Seymour is underrated as a villian??

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I`ll give him points for (SPOILER)killing all those Ronso at the Gagazet- Mountain..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

IMO he was credible both story- and appearance-wise. His outfit fits in with other high-class people in Spira, like Braska for example.

Whilst he is not in my top 3 he is still a great villain, and having control of Anima helps.

He was alright... A little annoying to be honest though. Kind of weird having a villain hitting on the main heroine, but hey whatever makes it unique!

Battles against him were okay, for me nothing too memorable really. Seymour is just one of those guys you forget. Except the blue hair.

.Following the path for truth.

Blog Entries

His voice-over was great, but very, very grating at the same time. Battling him is easy once you figure out which strategy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfectionist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Plus, Seymour's outfit always gave the illusion of a pot-belly.

This.
    I agree!

He wasn't the best villain around..

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nowadays after playing FF VII, most of the people out there will agree that anyone that dun have silver hair, wear something black, go around hacking random people with a super long sword isn't a good villian.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    I think the concept of Seymour was awesome - a vindictive half-Guado like he is - and his storyline was great, his role in the plot great, all that. But then his damn outfit and his voice made him just.... eh. I think he gets knocked down a few notches in awesome-villain-ness by his bizarre appearance and voice.
    100% agreement here. The point where you finally get to see Jyscal's recording still sends chills down my spine. The voice for him could have definitely been better, but I would've still preferred them to get somebody better than James Taylor to voice Tidus.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Seymour is possibly my favorite Human nemesis in all of FF. I just wish the other encounters with him were as hard as the one on Mt. Gagazet.
    Ugh, yeah. I was attempting to do the no sphere grid challenge up until that point where I was forced to level up with the sphere grid because there was just no way I was beating him. I didn't have enough stuff to mix with Rikku.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought his monologues were epic and was generally very cool and twisted, but his plot became somehwat unspectacular.

And he looked like a twat, so I couln't take him seriously.

I actually really liked Seymour as an enemy actually, probably one of my favorites.

Blog Entries

Seymour was a fun villian to fight, I just... didn't like his hair.
    I'm free! I'm free! ...dang it.

His design is all over the shop. He didn't look or sound intimidating at any point during the game. Plus he is just a summoner. Summoners are pansies.

I didn't think he was underrated at all. He was hard!

Don't send him in [Sin] because you don't fight him there - or at least not send him - and let him absorb Yu Yevon and control Yu Yevon at the end to because the ultimate creature in Final Fantasy X which will be fought at the end and you have a perfect Final Fantasy X main antagonist. THEN, when he is defeated as the real main villain, he can be sent and regret what he did and disappear as some good guy (which happens in Final Fantasy X even though he is not really shown as "Hey, I have become a good guy again." at the end, but at least he seems to regret what he did and accepts that Yuna sends him), after his battle as final boss. And not to forget, you destroy Yu Yevon together with him since Seymour controls his powers, et cetera. This would be better than what actually happens to Seymour and what happens during the final battle and during the ending of Final Fantasy X.

EDIT: That post really is not hard to read.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.