Thread: A little help

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default A little help

I have this problem ya see I wanted to return to FFXI but for some reason my account password has been changed, now obviously I have tried to contact squeenix but they dont seem to want to help me with my broblem (I posted somthing on the website 5 days ago now and still they haven't responded) and iv also tried submitting a GM ticket on the POL section (using a spare account with no characters on ffxi) but I cant seem to find the petition a GM button, is there anyway I can get into contact with a GM without being physically logged into the game?

Another problem I have is when I try to update my FFXI files after about 5 mins it disconnects me from the server (im using vodaphone mobile broadband) is there anyway to update my game without using the pol updater (like is there some torrent I could use to update my game?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

People usually put up the latest updates as torrents shortly after their released. Your ability to find one with seeds and peers might be a bit difficult right now, though.

As far as your password being changed, just keep hounding customer service. Square Enix is notorious about dragging their heels on just about every issue. Contacting a GM won't do you much of any good. They don't handle account stuff. You're just going to have to keep calling/emailing/webchatting with SE's customer service until one of them does something about it. They'll probably ask you for credit card information to verify your identity. Just get as much information about your account before you quit for verification. If the password has really been changed, the only explanation is that you were hacked.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Well I discovered that they were having a little trouble with the support help site so I resubmitted my form and hopefully should have my latest form addressed.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Don't be too optimistic. I strongly recommend hitting them up on email chat as often as you have the time to do so.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Well I got my account back... sort of, they know its my account but they dont want me to have access to it till I pay the fee's the hacker left on my account x.x they said they will provide me with a refund once the team has fully investigated it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

That's all kinds of smurfed up, but I can't say it surprises me.

You're just going to have to keep calling/emailing/webchatting with SE's customer service until one of them does something about it.