Thread: Dragon Quest V: Who's your woman??

Default Dragon Quest V: Who's your woman??

(SPOILER)Just wondering who everybody chose when they played through. I'm guessing most people got Bianca, but I decided to take the road less travelled and ended up with Debora. Anybody ever choose somebody else other than Bianca, and what did you think of your decision? I just had the wedding btw, and can still go back and change my mind with the other save.
    Final Fantasy Infusion - Live the Adventure

I usually chose Nera because I just don't like the way Bianca Whitaker talks in this game. She rotates between different dialects while speaking and it's very annoying because sometimes Bianca talks like an Aussie but most of the time she'll talk like a southern belle. And sometimes she'll speak in plain old English with no grammar errors whatsoever.

Pick a dialect and stick with it already bitch!!! But even I have to admit it was touching when Bianca confessed her love for [insert name here] after the wedding but that is where Missus Whitaker's dialogue peaked, afterward everything else was just blah, blah, blah.

One time I picked Debora but it was only because I wanted to see if she would warm up to me while the game progressed. But Deb didn't really do that. She wasn't a melting ice queen like Miranda Lawson was in Mass Effect 2...But there's something about bad girls that intrigues me. Although Deborah's constant berating did get old after a while.

I like Nera the most though because she's exactly what a wife should be. She's mild-mannered and she treats her husband with the upmost respect. And she admires her husband like he's some kind of greek god.

Deborah is far and beyond the best of the three. She's funny, she's got a much more unique personality then the other two, and she's actually notably deeper then the other two.

She may not really show it often or to directly, but there was quite a few lines of dialogue of her showing he attachment to you, and various things like that.

And no, none of you can have her but me. :mad2L:

Bianca. Annoying voice but I'm just a sucker for "defaults" and it just seemed like Bianca was the one you were supposed to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikojowy View Post
    Bianca. Annoying voice but I'm just a sucker for "defaults" and it just seemed like Bianca was the one you were supposed to choose.

I know fate was setting me up to marry Bianca but I like to defy fate.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I went with Bianca since that's the 'default' story, but Deborah was tempting for the comedy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I went with Bianca since that's the 'default' story.
    That's sort of like romancing Ashley Williams from Mass Effect because she's the default option.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 07-03-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Never played it.

Never played it.
    Oh I get it. You're into shooters that's why you've never played Mass Effect.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 07-05-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sorry it was a typo, I was tired pretty tired when I wrote that because it was late at night. But I've corrected my mistake now.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Bianca, because I'm just that boring of a person.

I don't like picking Bianca because her regional dialogue really gets under my skin. I don't know whether her voice has a thick cockney accent or a thick Texan accent....Maybe it's a mix of both but I don't care! That's a horrible combination of accents!

I don't like picking Deborah because she's too much of a control freak and she either acts like she hates me or she acts like she simply doesn't care about me and I don't need to take that from my video game escapism!

I like picking Nera because I can easily imagine what her voice would sound like in a 3D Dragon Quest game if Square Enix wasn't so interested in using English (British) voice actors. I can imagine Nera sounding like a nicer version of Princess Jasmine...Don't me wrong Princess Jasmine is nice but she's also sassy which is something that Nera is not. But if Jasmine's voice actress (Linda Larkin) used a warm soft-spoken voice all the time that could easily work with Nera.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I picked Bianca. I regretted it. I really wanted to choose Deborah after the fact, who was a new addition for the DS version.

Nera. Because I like submissive women who treat their husbands with the utmost loyalty, admiration, respect, and love.