Thread: Big Bang Theory

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Big Bang Theory

Hux and I just recently got into this show. I've seen it a few times and always liked it, but never really sat down and torrented a few episodes it until now.

It is so funny, I swear it's like watching Huxley on screen sometimes, the things they say. I like it because you can tell it's complete dorks writing this, and not people just taking the piss out of them without a clue.

I gotta give love to those "shows about nothing" sort of shows, where it's just apartment buddies doing stupid stuff. This is like dorky Seinfeld.

Any fans? How are the later seasons?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My wife and I <i>love</i> this show and make sure to catch it every week.

Sheldon's social awkwardness and bluntness are what make it for us. Any episodes pairing Sheldon and Penny are the best.
    Figaro Castle

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think everyone can find a way to relate to one of the characters on this show. Hell, you even have Leslie Winkle, who is like all of male characters in one female character, except, you know, a girl.

The second and third season are just as hilarious as the first.

Also, spherical chickens in a vacuum.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it's pretty damn funny. Except Leonard, I can't stand that annoying buttmonkey.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

I LOVE this show. My favourite episodes are the the ones with Leonard's mother. Also, check out Jim Parsons (Sheldon) on Letterman. He's pretty much exactly the same except the his quirks are to do with acting rather than theoretical physics. xD

Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock!

edit: The theme song by The Barenaked Ladies is awesome too.
    Last edited by Mo-Nercy; 05-10-2010 at 01:44 AM.

My friends all really hate this and I don't understand why They think it's painfully unfunny.

I think it's great, not hilariously funny but it's good happy, light-hearted viewing
    Last edited by Imperfectionist; 05-11-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfectionist View Post
    My friends all really hate this and I don't understand why They think it's painfully unfunny.
    They're obviously not geeky enough.

I'm glad that the (SPOILER)Leonard-Penny thing is now over, or at least I hope it is. Show needs less romancy crap and more lol. The episode with the time machine cracks me up every time I watch it.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    I know people who are geeks but don't like the show because they think the characters are unrealistically nerdy. The characters are physicists, gamers, comic book collectors and sci-fi fans all the while lacking in social skills. They find it insulting because it creates the impression that all nerds are like this.

In my opinion, the show's funny because the characters are so extremely nerdy. It's a sitcom after all. What do they expect?

I'm also glad that the (SPOILER)Leonard-Penny thing is over. It was great when (SPOILER)they got together because it was epic win for Leonard, but when it became the focal point of the series, it became pretty bland. The show should be about nerd-based lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    I know people who are geeks but don't like the show because they think the characters are unrealistically nerdy. The characters are physicists, gamers, comic book collectors and sci-fi fans all the while lacking in social skills. They find it insulting because it creates the impression that all nerds are like this.
    Well what do they expect. 'Normal' people don't collect comic books or get into details about Star Trek (or Final Fantasy for that matter). It's only natural the geeks are portrayed as socially retarded, because let's face it, a load of geeks in real life are like that. Besides, the show does have some 'cool' nerds, like the guy who both Leonard and Penny fell in love with (the one with the motorbike).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Jeffrey and I adore this show, but we don't follow it on a week-by-week basis. Sheldon is awesome <3

"Soft kitty, warm kitty. Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty. Pur, pur, pur."

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I love it. I agree with everyone else, Sheldon makes the show. That scene in the ball pit was one of the funniest things I've ever scene in sitcom.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I smurfing love this show. Sheldon and Howard are the best characters.

I'll admit that I didn't like it at first because I thought it was kinda stupid, but when I gave it the time of day and actually sat down and watched it, I realised that its freakin' funny! I generally don't like american sitcoms, but this one is definately one of the few that I love and watch.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love love LOVE Sheldon's mom. She is fantastic.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I love this show more than breathing.
    There is no signature here. Move along.