View Poll Results: Who's gonna run this joint?

Voters
1045. You may not vote on this poll
  • <s>Argentina</s>

8 0.77%
  • <s>Australia</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Brazil</s>

2 0.19%
  • <s>Côte d'Ivoire</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Japan</s>

0 0%
  • <s>England</s>

6 0.57%
  • <s>Ghana</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Germany</s>

4 0.38%
  • North Korea

1,001 95.79%
  • <s>Slovakia</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Mexico</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Netherlands</s>

6 0.57%
  • <s>New Zealand</s>

3 0.29%
  • <s>Paraguay</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Portugal</s>

0 0%
  • <s>Uruguay</s>

1 0.10%
  • <s>Spain</s>

8 0.77%
  • <s>Chile</s>

0 0%
  • <s>I'm American and I don't understand this sport. Therefore U-S-A! U-S-A!</s>

3 0.29%
  • <s>Obligatory some other team joke option</s>

1 0.10%
Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 144454585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I hope the final is a good match (it usually isnt though)
    YOU are telling me this isn't good enough for you?!?!:

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Hahaha! Not only was he a great player, he knew how to treat the pursuers of douche-baggery well

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

I just dreamed the Dutch would lose to Spain with 0-2. Not nice.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

The 3rd/4th place playoff may be pointless but it was a good game tonight (it's usually more interesting than the final turns out to be, mainly as both sides aren't scared of losing), both Germany and Uruguay have been good value during much of the tournament. And the octopus makes it 7 out of 7

I'm going for 1-0 to Spain tomorrow, though I hope it winds up being more exciting than that.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I'd be very disappointed if Spain won. They shouldn't even be here from all of their unconvincing one goal wins. They shouldn't even have beat Paraguay.

They've won all their games bar their first one, why shouldn't they be there. And they deserved to win all their knockout games, they were at at their Euro 2008 best against Germany. And why should Paraguay have beaten them? It's ludicrous to suggest that either of tomorrow's finalists don't deserve to win the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    They've won all their games bar their first one, why shouldn't they be there. And they deserved to win all their knockout games, they were at at their Euro 2008 best against Germany. And why should Paraguay have beaten them? It's ludicrous to suggest that either of tomorrow's finalists don't deserve to win the World Cup.
    Their wins were very unconvincing. They barely edged out a 10-man Chile in group stage play. They won from an offside goal against Portugal that was really sloppy to be honest, even though I'm glad to see Portugal out. Against Paraguay, Paraguay should have had their offside goal counted, and their penalty kick should have been retaken because Casillas jumped in front of the line way early and there were four spanish players encroaching. Against Germany...well, they shut down the Germans effectively, I'll give them that.

Blog Entries

My face when his free kick hit the bar.

there was a picture here

Forlan's the best striker of the tournament in my opinion. He single-handedly carried his team every match.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage- View Post
    Their wins were very unconvincing. They barely edged out a 10-man Chile in group stage play. They won from an offside goal against Portugal that was really sloppy to be honest, even though I'm glad to see Portugal out. Against Paraguay, Paraguay should have had their offside goal counted, and their penalty kick should have been retaken because Casillas jumped in front of the line way early and there were four spanish players encroaching. Against Germany...well, they shut down the Germans effectively, I'll give them that.
    Portugal were very defensive against Spain, Spain had to do their best to break them down. You seem to have ignored the penalty Spain should have had against Paraguay immediately after their one was missed (the keeper brought down a Spanish player). And in the end, they won their games, a team who wins five out of six games (and if they win tomorrow within 120 minutes, six out of seven) deserves the World Cup. They started slowly but they've also shown why they're European Champions.

Plus I'd say a string of 1-0s show defensive solidity, which is usually needed to win the World Cup

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

To be fair to Spain, each team was very VERY defensive against them precisely because they knew of their capacity to control the game.

Im glad we came third, although close. 3rd twice in a row, we HAVE to win next time, with the young amazing players we have and everything that the DFB has done to promote young players and the new direction of the Bundesliga its gotta work out. I have a feeling Brazil won't be such favourites next WC as they have to completely renew their team structure and philosophy.

Tomorrow will be 1-0 for Spain, maybe 2-1.

Portugal were very defensive against Spain, Spain had to do their best to break them down. You seem to have ignored the penalty Spain should have had against Paraguay immediately after their one was missed (the keeper brought down a Spanish player). And in the end, they won their games, a team who wins five out of six games (and if they win tomorrow within 120 minutes, six out of seven) deserves the World Cup. They started slowly but they've also shown why they're European Champions.

Plus I'd say a string of 1-0s show defensive solidity, which is usually needed to win the World Cup
    Fair enough, maybe I was wrong to say they didn't deserve to be here. I was unimpressed with their offense is all. They've moved the ball excellently in the midfield and their defending has been great as well, much the same as Netherlands, who I think are very similar. Should be a very even matchup for tomorrow.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I predicted Spain or Brazil to win the cup before it even started. Well, you dont need to be a genius for that, all I did was to take a look at the FIFA ranking..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Yeah but Portugal were third on those rankings!